It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes something a God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Miracles make a god.

A god is a being that is not bound as we and the rest of creation are by space, time and the laws of physics.

Asty, that makes sense. As Heinlen said, "Magic is science we don't yet understand". (or somethign like that)

I imagine that would make it easy for some sort of Alien being to pose as a god if such a thing were to happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Nothing is a god, everything is god.
second line

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
Nothing is a god, everything is god.

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Malaria is God.

HIV is God.

Comrade Stalin was God (and still is, though he is dead).

The ovens at Auschwitz are God.

The rack and thumbscrew are God.

Jack the Ripper is God.

Genghis Khan is God.

The H-bomb is God.

Cerebral palsy is God.

And you are God, and I am God, and this mess I just flushed down the toilet, yes, that's God too.

Only one question persists.

If everything is God, what's the use of God?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

What makes something a God?
In my highly ignorant state, I would offer this, You aint a God, unless you can create a universe. So that would be my two cents on the subject.

Just because something can create life via genetic engineering, or a crude form of cross breading, dont make you a god. Just because you can put two pieces of crap together and call it a flying saucer, dont make you a god. Just because you can hoodwink an entire race of beings, dont make you a god.

Form a universe out of nothing? Now were talkin

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Every force is associated with a reservoir. The reservoir is the latent potential of the force. The force extends only so far as there is no appreciable degradation in the intensity of the force and not appreciable adverse impacts on the planes reached. At the point where it begins to fail, a new center or vortex or focus or "god" is formed of the lower intensity. That "God" can then issue it's own force or current or ray or light, of lower intensity. These would be the true "Gods" coming downward from the Supreme Being. The reduction in force being associated with mercy to the plane of contact, lest the plane otherwise be damaged or destroyed if the intensity of a higher level. A spirit in it's upward journey obtains affinity or oneness with the center or God(s) one by one rising higher. The "God" is more than the center, it is a spirit that has such strong affinity with that plane of existence that it maintains that consciousness and becomes that God for some time. A spiritual teacher rises to affinity and identity with some god and often believes that god to be the ultimate or themselves to be that god or the son of that god.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I have to say I like this post. It seems that the definition of god is a matter of opinion and preference, but having a job qualification such as "Have you ever completed or have been trained on the creation of a universe" seems like a pretty good point.

Star for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

You aint a God, unless you can create a universe.

Like I said, miracles.

Creating the universe is the grandaddy of all miracles.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Like I said, miracles.

Honestly, that's another word that I have problems with.. what constitutes a "miracle"

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think you wanna ask the BOSS THAT.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Here's the proper definition of miracle, accepted by grammaticians and theologians alike.

Some people redefine 'miracle' to mean 'unusually good luck' or 'God answered my prayers', but that's just plain wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
well.. really... anything can be a god. people have different views on what is god. it doesnt just have to be some man with a long beard watching us up in the clouds. to me thats just a bunch of baloney. my opinion of god? god is the molecules that makes up every living plant and person in the universe. "god" is in all of us, and if we could all come together i believe we would find that "heaven" here on earth. With all of us as bits of god always in turmoil and fighting, we are living in our own personal hell, until we can figure out how to change things and come together as human beings and realize we are all here for the same things and there is no reason we should be so divided

Thats my view of god. someone else has their own different view and it goes on and on. its not limited to anything. you can view a beercan as god as long as you really believe it, for all i care.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Like I said, miracles.

I dont agree. We are trying experiments to see if we can make mini universes right now and we are far from gods. Plus who said the universe was made from nothing?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

God's rep for creating the universe was acquired long before the advent of modern physics. At the time, it was most certainly a miracle. One should beware of anachronisms when thinking about such things.

Besides, no human has created 'universes' of any size. All that exist are theoretical possibilities, none of which are very firmly founded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join