It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Population projected to reach 7 billion in 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The world's population is forecast to hit 7 billion in 2011, the vast majority of its growth coming in developing and, in many cases, the poorest nations, a report released Wednesday said. A staggering 97 percent of global growth over the next 40 years will happen in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, according to the Population Reference Bureau's 2009 World Population Data Sheet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The article says that in Canada where I live the population is expected to climb from 31 million to 42 million by 2050. During the same time period Uganda's population is expected to soar to from 34 million to 96 million! Most of the growth in the developed world will come from Canada and the USA. I have a baby on the way, should I feel bad??

Too many people, what's the solution??

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I was posting in a thread of the same origins here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although I do see your sources are varied.

We can always do like China and create the "One Child" law.

By the way, you should never feel bad about having a child!

Edit to add rhetoric.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by havok]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ah sorry I did do a search before creating the topic, but apparently i didn't search well enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeykillingmonkey

That shouldn't be so hard to forecast since the world population is already over 6.75 billion people!

Human Population Counter

6.75 billion people having 240 million babies in two years should be no problem!

[edit on 8/12/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't think an exploding population should be a problem.

The real question that should be asked is, why can't we handle population growth?

We can't handle population growth because of Governments throughout the world. If we couldn't handle this many people, nature would have done something about it and maybe it will eventually.

The reason I blame Governments is because Governments of the world create an imbalance in the world. They rob the wealth of a nation, they start wars, they hide and classify technology in the name of finding a weapon and more.

Even the poorest countries Government people lives well.

So we should be able to easily handle the growth in population. But I guarantee you that Governments will rather support Euthanasia before they give up control.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

I don't think an exploding population should be a problem.

The real question that should be asked is, why can't we handle population growth?

answer: we can't/won't handle growth because our population is EXPLODING.

We can't handle population growth because of Governments throughout the world. If we couldn't handle this many people, nature would have done something about it and maybe it will eventually.

Of course, it's "the governments" fault.

We're doing ourselves in, I think that's the point trying to be made by this thread, is that our population is exploding and because of that it will be our demise. So nature(if you wanna call it that) is in the process of doing something about it right now.

The reason I blame Governments is because Governments of the world create an imbalance in the world. They rob the wealth of a nation, they start wars, they hide and classify technology in the name of finding a weapon and more.

What's this have to do with exploding populations? Every person can choose whether or not they just crank out tons of kids. People are selfish and irresponsible, it won't pay off. I know that much.

So we should be able to easily handle the growth in population. But I guarantee you that Governments will rather support Euthanasia before they give up control.

Uh....because poor countries have rich governments, then we should be able to handle massive population growth...??? I don't get it.

But as far as euthanasia goes. Most governments, probably have some sort of contingency plan, but I see that as a last resort. There are better forms of population control, and I think you'll have to see them implemented soon.

link   
Jeez, it was 4.25 million last time I looked. Me any my mates have only a couple of kids between 18 of us, how is this happening?

link   
While it sounds a lot, when you put the amount of people in comparison to the actual size of the planet, you realise it isn't many people per square mile. It is certainly not unsustainable - if it was, we'd all be starving right now.

It's just another way of raising public "awareness" of the need for population control, so when we, as the West, start "controlling" the populations of certain continents via weaponry, it will seem okay.

The Nazis probably started in the same way, softly-softly creeping forward with their ideals, until everyone wanted to shove the Jews into the concentration camps.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Because you and yer mates aren't the ones cranking out kids....
It's poorer populations. I know it sounds crazy. the last thing I would want if I was poor is a kid.

Now picture all these developing and downright wrecked nations mass populating for the next 20 years...you can see the types of issues that will arise. This issue will work itself out one way or another. I think you'll see drastic measures being taken in the coming years.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sargon of Akkad
While it sounds a lot, when you put the amount of people in comparison to the actual size of the planet, you realise it isn't many people per square mile. It is certainly not unsustainable - if it was, we'd all be starving right now.

It's just another way of raising public "awareness" of the need for population control, so when we, as the West, start "controlling" the populations of certain continents via weaponry, it will seem okay.

The Nazis probably started in the same way, softly-softly creeping forward with their ideals, until everyone wanted to shove the Jews into the concentration camps.

Like I've said a thousand times - this is nothing but an excuse for genocide. Not of any race of color, but of the entire human race.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Too bad not all the nations are not developed, otherwise we wouldn't have this much problem, but then we may have zero population growth like Japan as having children is extremely expensive to invest on. So it goes both ways.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargon of Akkad

Hmmm....I don't know if you knew this, but millions of people are starving right now.
And if your definition of sustainable, is that you have access to food all the time, then yes we are sustained right now, but again, I think the point here is that it will only get worse. There's not really a reason to keep cranking out humans...

and starvation is only 1 issue associated with overpopulation.

OK, well thats a conspiracy angle on this article. But why does everyone think it will be "via weaponry"???

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

A friends wife is japanese. They were telling me that it actually is a problem for japan, but thats to be expected. when reducing populations, it has to be done gradually over many generations. If birth rates drop too fast it will mess up our various systems running society. I think even dropping them gradually would still create some issues, but it's the smartest idea in the long term.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

I posted this in another thread, maybe it's worthy in here too:

While i've only been having these thoughts the population of the planet(well, a limit on kids a couple can have) for a little while i have to agree that there are just too many people in certain areas of the world who don't use contraception..... who have many wives.... who don't care.

Ever since we saw the first pics & news stories regarding Ethiopia we have been giving to charity only to still see years later the same problems..... wouldn't it have been better to distribute condoms in the first place and made sure they were used rather then to battle the ongoing AIDS epidemic? You see.... you have to stop the sex without condoms first before takling the AIDS issue..... it got way out hand!!! In one village there are like 1000 people with AIDS but what do they do? They keep on having sex like rabbits which does not stop the problem. (just one example)

We also know that certain religious folk don't give a damn about producing babies they can't handle so they continue to have babies simply because they too won't use condoms!!!!

I live in England and it looks like the message still hasn't got across to these people as there are many immigrants here now with 5, 6, 7 and on some occasions 9 kids!!!!!

So yes i agree we are over populated so maybe limiting each couple to only 2 or 3 kids!!! If it has to be that way then i'm for it.....

If England was a desert we'd be having the same problems here with diseases!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Smartest idea maybe, however if there are no children who will be the country's future workers as the workers become senior citizens? Who will pay those taxes to take care of the old and the few children that are in existence? Bring in the alien workers that could affect their society in so many ways?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

your response:

What's this have to do with exploding populations? Every person can choose whether or not they just crank out tons of kids. People are selfish and irresponsible, it won't pay off. I know that much.

This here tells me everything I need to know about where your coming from. You want to blame selfish people for having babies. You want to blame people for doing what nature intended us to do, reproduce.

Of course it's Governments fault because if two bit thugs in poor countries would allow aid to get to the people in the form of education and awareness, then these things will work themselves out.

You have to have your head in the sand if you want to blame selfish people when people like Arafat got 55 billion dollars and the people in Palestine are living like it's 2,000 B.C. while his wife takes shopping trips in France.

Mugabe and his cronies are living large in Zimbabwe while his people die and life expectancy plummets.

So when someone blames selfish people they either don't know what they are talking about or they are enviromental wackos who think populations should be killed.

Governments control technology and label it classified to find a new weapon when this technology can be explored for other purposes.

Your response:

Uh....because poor countries have rich governments, then we should be able to handle massive population growth...??? I don't get it.

You have to be joking.

Like I said, Arafat got 55 billion dollars and the people live in horrible conditions and he died worth close to a billion dollars.

The guy in North Korea starves his people and uses the resources so he can retain his power.

I was watching an African country where the people were eating mud pies and the country gets billions of dollars in aid.

And you have the audacity to ask what does this have to do with anything?

It has everything to do with it. If aid and education got to the people of these countries then things would be much better.

I think useful idiots are the reason Governments of the world cause problems and then waste and spend trillions to fix the problems they created.

We don't need population control but Government control.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

your response:

This here tells me everything I need to know about where your coming from. You want to blame selfish people for having babies. You want to blame people for doing what nature intended us to do, reproduce.

Of course it's Governments fault because if two bit thugs in poor countries would allow aid to get to the people in the form of education and awareness, then these things will work themselves out.

You have to have your head in the sand if you want to blame selfish people when people like Arafat got 55 billion dollars and the people in Palestine are living like it's 2,000 B.C. while his wife takes shopping trips in France.

Mugabe and his cronies are living large in Zimbabwe while his people die and life expectancy plummets.

So when someone blames selfish people they either don't know what they are talking about or they are enviromental wackos who think populations should be killed.

Governments control technology and label it classified to find a new weapon when this technology can be explored for other purposes.

Your response:

You have to be joking.

Like I said, Arafat got 55 billion dollars and the people live in horrible conditions and he died worth close to a billion dollars.

The guy in North Korea starves his people and uses the resources so he can retain his power.

I was watching an African country where the people were eating mud pies and the country gets billions of dollars in aid.

And you have the audacity to ask what does this have to do with anything?

It has everything to do with it. If aid and education got to the people of these countries then things would be much better.

I think useful idiots are the reason Governments of the world cause problems and then waste and spend trillions to fix the problems they created.

We don't need population control but Government control.

I agree 150%.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Not if the NWO and Obama have anything to say/do with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

You are out of your mind right?....

Why not have China's policy towards criminals too?...

You do tax evasion? You get a bullet to the head...

You are too democratic? You get bullet to the head....

You are religious, even pagan or follow any other form of spiritual path? Some of you will get a bullet to the head, others will dissapear, and in general you will be opressed...

Maybe that will solve the "overpopulation problem"...

Why stop with the Chinese "one child policy"? If you are going to emulate an evil government donn't just stop with one policy...emulate them all...

Maybe we should even star more wars and start killing people indiscriminately....

Nextr time a war stars, all you people who whinne about "overpopulation' maybe should be quiet about what happens in that war....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join