It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Council of Seven Lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was looking for information on what i call 'the council of seven' when i stumbled upon this:

it's called 'The Council of Seven Lights' by George Van Tassel, who claims to have merged the worlds of science and religion in his book. it's an old book (1958) but thought that a few might find it interesting here.

Adam was not a single man. The Adamic race of Man was the first people to inhabit the Earth. This is confirmed in Gen. 1:27 where the race of Man, in the original creation, is described as "male and female". In Gen 1:28 the scripture relates how "God blessed them". This is plural, not him, but them. And God said unto them (the Adamic race, both male and female) "be fruitful, and multiply". This all happens before Eve is ever mentioned. Thus the Adamic race is established on Earth....

...The race of Eve was the highest form of lower animal life on this planet. They were not apes, but they were also not the race of Man, created by God.

for those of you who may be confused about the plurality spoken of in the above excerpt, here's a bit from Young's literal translation of the creation.

1:26 And God saith, `Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, and let them rule over fish of the sea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that is creeping on the earth.'

1:27 And God prepareth the man in His image; in the image of God He prepared him, a male and a female He prepared them.

to read the full translation go here.

anyway, i went ahead an posted this subject here because the point of this post is to actually ask if anyone has any knowledge and/or information about the 'council of seven', which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the above book with a coincidental name.

from my understanding, they are a group that oversees the integration of your life-plan into the rest of current existence.

i won't say any more than that because if someone claims to have information, i want to be sure that i can compare to what i've learned for myself, and therefore test the authenticity.

for the record, i'm not claiming to believe or disbelieve in anything written in this post. i'm merely studying, and sharing tidbits that i've found along the way. there may be bits that i find truthful in certain ideas, but rarely do i find something that seems 100% to me. so i'm not trying to debate. i haven't found my stance in any of this yet.

hope you enjoy the read, and i hope that there's someone here that can help me with the information that i'm looking for.
thanks,

nathan orin

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I will definitely read this as it looks quite interesting. I like getting into older books as well as you can sometimes find lost truths. THANK YOU!

Haven't heard of that council either, sorry.

Now onto reading. lol

[edit on 12-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan_Orin
from my understanding, they are a group that oversees the integration of your life-plan into the rest of current existence.

I'm not sure what 7's would have to do with it except symbolically, but one variable that is basically half the equation is YOUR own consciousness. There is a simple two-sided duality like foreground vs background in an image or painting (obviously you can get much more complex with this but this is the simplest way of looking at it imo). Your consciousness is the "foreground" and your subconscious (which in Jungian terms is the entire "external" universe and anything that is NOT your conscious awareness itself) is the "background." They actually tie into each other and are in fact the exact same picture but like I said, the other way of looking at it is more explanatory as far as what you are asking.

There are an infinite number of forces out there determining how reality "comes out," of which you are one of them. By constantly seeking to become aware of more forms, patterns, energies, etc. you can learn to resonate with and in a sense "harness" these energies and greatly increase your power to manifest your own will. This is almost or totally a result of the fact that you are simply learning to abandon non-sense behaviors (self-centered behaviors) and learn behaviors (energies) more conducive to sustaining life all around you (like love). Many philosophies teach this and a very specific thing happens, an exact science, when you begin internalizing these principles and living by them. Because the rest of the collective "external" universe already naturally embodies the energies and patterns of life, so when you can finally trust in the fact that everything will take its course naturally and always be okay, because you only want things that are natural and that nature herself protects (love, life, union, everything), so then you share a common goal and nature (really the entire universe) will begin intelligently providing for you, so that you are both accelerated upon your common goal. This is what "synchronicities" are all about, although synchronicities are only the beginning of the experiential truth that the universe itself is aware and intelligent. Intelligence is all about the preservation of certain amounts of order within the universe, and the higher intelligences will aid all of us here for the same reasons if we open ourselves to walking the same path of sustaining life and love and intelligence and order. And that path is united in the source. All paths lead to that one, which accomplishes EVERYTHING it ever wants or needs, being the source that it is.

Say a person is debating whether or not they want to accomplish this, this, or this during their life, and this thing is what's important to them.

They may accomplish one thing, but it doesn't bring them satisfaction and so they seek something else. They may set out to do a much greater thing, but don't have the energy to accomplish it because of all the competing forces. But if they choose to seek to accomplish the same thing as so many other HUGE forces in the universe working collectively, coherently, and across all time (forces of love, intelligence, enlightenment), they will find themselves in the best of company and will have an infinite amount of energy to accomplish ALL of their goals, provided they are always "in phase" with these energies. The more one embodies these energies personally, the more one will be able to find them "outside" and draw power from them.

There are other paths to achieving whatever goals appropriate to them, but none are quite the same as this one, which is so honored across all time and will forever continue to be so.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan_Orin

A different thing I could briefly mention, related to what I just said about the universe itself containing inherent intelligence that can aid you. There are other individual and sentient intelligences isolated from most peoples' experiences here. There is the belief that these intelligences are the ones that created us in 'their' image, like you mentioned, just a rung up the ladder from one us in some sense. But they are mostly non-interference because they have a much more refined and discrete sense of communication and interaction with the rest of the universe at large. They are the equivalent to us of a very subdued or tempered energy at this point in time.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I'm not sure what 7's would have to do with it except symbolically, but one variable that is basically half the equation is YOUR own consciousness. There is a simple two-sided duality like foreground vs background in an image or painting (obviously you can get much more complex with this but this is the simplest way of looking at it imo). Your consciousness is the "foreground" and your subconscious (which in Jungian terms is the entire "external" universe and anything that is NOT your conscious awareness itself) is the "background." They actually tie into each other and are in fact the exact same picture but like I said, the other way of looking at it is more explanatory as far as what you are asking.

i completely agree with all of this. and especially enjoyed your explanation of synchronicity.

though, it is the other half of the equation that i'm really looking for, at this time. i know that such a thing would seem fruitless...except that, while keeping my own knowledge of the subject completely quiet, i've found a very few other people that have knowledge of the same place, the same group of people, and an almost identical situation with the council that i speak of.

honestly, i haven't leaned away from the idea that it's all a shared delusion...but if that's all it really is, it's the most impressive shared delusion that i've ever heard of.

so i'm just hoping to find more people that share this delusion.

thank you, very much, for your lengthy, and completely enjoyable reply. i love to see someone put some serious personal insight into a reply.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I wonder if what you're asking about has anything to do with the planet Saturn so far as you are aware?

It was something I was planning on exploring more in the future when I'm more fluent with lucid dreaming and astral projection. But all the old Western traditions say Saturn is the host of spirits related to structure, form, time, finality, things of that nature. Just a thought, like I said, because it's something I'm also interested in but haven't looked into deeply.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
umm. Could the council of seven just be another way to say the Seven Arch Angels? Or maybe I got it all wrong. Interesting though. Never heard of this Council of Seven. I will also do some research. Star and Flag for giving me something to think about.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
My kneejerk association is with The Council of Seven from The Great White Brotherhood formed from seven ascended masters. The book that I recall mentioning it was Lost Cities of China, Central Asia & India.

I don't know if that is already mentioned by Van Tassel. If not, then it's one more datapoint.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I wonder if what you're asking about has anything to do with the planet Saturn so far as you are aware?

It was something I was planning on exploring more in the future when I'm more fluent with lucid dreaming and astral projection. But all the old Western traditions say Saturn is the host of spirits related to structure, form, time, finality, things of that nature. Just a thought, like I said, because it's something I'm also interested in but haven't looked into deeply.

not so far as i'm aware. but, please, enlighten me if you've anymore on this concept. feel free to u2u me even, if there's anything you don't want to say outright.

i don't know where they're from. i don't even have conclusive ideas on what they are, just my own speculation...which is a goodly portion of the reason for my questioning.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
umm. Could the council of seven just be another way to say the Seven Arch Angels? Or maybe I got it all wrong. Interesting though. Never heard of this Council of Seven. I will also do some research. Star and Flag for giving me something to think about.

this was one of my first ideas as well (although, i have to admit that i don't think of angels in any sort of traditional sense) but i've never been able to find any two lists that agreed with one another as to what names the seven angels held.

i've compared lists to my own...but have only found one match in any of the numerous compilations to my own - Ariel

other than that, nothing has matched up.
but, then, i suspect that the names may be different for everyone that comes in contact. i think the translation is more important.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
My kneejerk association is with The Council of Seven from The Great White Brotherhood formed from seven ascended masters. The book that I recall mentioning it was Lost Cities of China, Central Asia & India.

I don't know if that is already mentioned by Van Tassel. If not, then it's one more datapoint.

to be perfectly honest, i have an innate detest for almost anything 'new age', as my quick google search claimed the idea to be. no offense meant, at all.

but to be honest, some of the ideas i read made my metaphorical ears perk up. i don't have time to read and sufficiently study everything i can find at the moment, but i didn't want you to think that i was ignoring you since i had replied to everyone else. i'll be reading what i find for a bit. please share any information you have that you may feel is important, even in a u2u if you feel is warranted. and thank you very much

thank everyone very much for your replies, thus far. i know i'm not giving much to go off of, but i hope i get a lot more.

i promise to share my findings once i've reached some sort of conclusion

-nathaniel day orin

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan_Orin
to be perfectly honest, i have an innate detest for almost anything 'new age', as my quick google search claimed the idea to be. no offense meant, at all.

And you're investigating this guy?

Offense? No offense taken. I'm no new ager.

www.answers.com...

In 1952 he began to receive psychic messages from extraterrestrials, primarily from a group of people who made up what was called the Ashtar Command. The Ashtar Command operated very much like the Masters of theosophical traditions, but were seen as authorities in this solar system.

I guess I wasn't the only one to draw an association between H.P. Blavatsky's Theosophical society and his Council of Seven Lights.

en.allexperts.com...

Van Tassel was a classic 1950s contactee in the mold of George Adamski, Truman Bethurum, Orfeo Angelucci and many others. Among his published books are I Rode A Flying Saucer (1952, 1955) and The Council of Seven Lights (1958). He also wrote Into This World and Out Again, Religion and Science Merged, and When Stars Look Down. One of his cults still survives today in greatly "evolved" form as The Ashtar Command.

i didn't want you to think that i was ignoring you since i had replied to everyone else.

I think I posted when you were offline. Hmmm.

Anyway, I'm curious about what you expect to find/found. I haven't heard anything mentioned about it outside the GWB by that name.

Perhaps researching near-death experiences would prove fruitful as well.

Did you have some sort of encounter?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bd2533b51ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 8/13/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

hahah, yeah... i'm not investigating that guy, though. like i said, i just added the link to his book as well because i thought there were some people here that might like it. the name of his book was just a coincidence to what i am actually looking for. i actually hadn't even googled his name, so everything you wrote here about him is new to me. though, not surprising.

Anyway, I'm curious about what you expect to find/found.

just more anecdotal evidence, i suppose.

what i find interesting is that i had though that my experiences with the council that i speak of were completely imaginary. actually, i still believe that. i was very content with believing that this was a personal delusion for a number of years, even. until someone mentioned their names to me and described an experience almost identical to mine. and since then, i've met a very small handful of people that repeat this scenario.
really, the simple fact that i've found one person that shares the experience should have been enough for me, but that first person was related to me and, while i don't know if there's any scientific evidence of delusions being shared somehow genetically, i definitely haven't ruled it out.
like i said, however, i've found a few people since then. but i don't feel like it's enough yet to not dismiss a sheer coincidence.

maybe i'm just spinning in my wheel and wasting time looking for something that, obviously, in many ways, i could never really find despite all the anecdotal evidence in the world. but i had to try. and i thought that this was the best place to start

as to my personal experience with this council...i don't really want to say in the open, because then any person could come along and say, "yeah, i've been there too! i've met those people! they're just like you say!"
you know?

if you really like, i could u2u you ("u2u you" - say that five times, fast) but i warn you that it's probably not going to be all that exciting to read about...

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
surprised to not hear of anyone channeling these 7 lights.

will check it out..

www.gnosis2002.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The tribes from Turtle Island ?

leolady

top topics

join