It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Won the Vietnam War ! - Yes you heard right.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was thinking about the Vietnam war when suddenly it struck me that we Americans had actually won that war ALTHOUGH HISTORY BOOKS CLAIM WE LOST.

YOU SEE THE WINNING OF WARS NEEDS TO BE REDEFINED.

It is no longer about territory.It is about how many were killed.

People are a country's most important resource and take 20 years to replace.By killing people America wins the wars.

In Vietnam we killed 6000000 Vietnamese.They killed only 58000 Americans.

Thus each American killed 10 of them..the enemy.

Thus an American can kill an average of 10 of them before getting killed.

This means America won the Vietnam War.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaawwwwwwwww!!!!!

In fact America by this definition has won every single war because we kill more.

We always kill more.

When you redefine winning by body count America always wins.

Always.

More recently in Irak 5000 Americans have been killed but have managed to kill a million of them terrorists...

This means each American can kill at least a 100 terrorists!!!

This is astonishing.The kill ratio has gone up from 1 to 10 to 1 to 100 in 50 years.

This shows America is the technological master.

Extrapolating further this will mean in another 50 years a single American soldier could kill a thousand of the enemy!!!

Just Imagine.

Amazing.

An army of 1000 American soldiers could kill a million of the enemy easily.

Wow.

In an hundred years time a single American could kill 10000 of the enemy.

In 200 years a single American could kill a 100000 of the enemy.

An ARMY OF 1000 soldiers could thus kill a hundred million of the enemy.

That is 100 000 000 ...wow...an entire country could be destroyed by a thousand American soldiers.

We don't even need to use nukes since we are masters of weaponary.

This would actually make us Americans gods since we would have the power of life and death against all those would dare attack us.

This make me proud to be an American.

I hold up my head high when i walk the street.

My heart swells with pride.

I know we are the dominant force.

We are on the way up and will rise to the very zenith of creation.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by esecallum]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Good way of looking at it, maybe we can preemptively nuke, Iran, Venezuela, Afghanistan, North Korea, Palestine, Syria, Ethiopia, Pakistan, Russia, Cuba, and China for starters and claim victory there too!!

And that way the ratio of American lives versus the lives that don't matter looks a lot better. The ratio will be "Zero" American lives which are the most important of course VS BILLIONS of meaningless lives that are useless !!!!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Gateway]

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I dont know what else to say.

Im sure someone else will have the words to point out how terrible your theory is.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Sorry, but that post might be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. By that logic the Nazis won WWII because they killed between 6 and 12 million people. Killing is not the objective of a war, the true objective is to liberate and conquer.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I thought I was immune to pointless ignorant posts but I guess not.
This is up there with the least intelligent threads of all time.

Don't quit your day job...if you have one.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Strange thread. In war doesn't everyone lose? I mean philosophically of course. One could twist your assertion and say that America lost because we had to kill more and Vietnam stayed Communist. Spin doctoring the Vietnam war? Got a lot of time on our hands do we?

PG

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I hope to God (and I'm not a praying man) that this is sarcasm.

Where to start the second line...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Drugs anyone?

The maths is all very good. So technically in god knows how many years 1 American will be capable of killing everyone on the planet single handedly, what happens when it's only Americans left?

Will it be like the matrix? People flying, dodging bullets.. I may have to move from the UK now I've been presented with this information..

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

By your logic, America has won all wars except for WWII. But because you've one by killing more, your country has become a souless bloodthirsty monster, that destroys everything in its path.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
"In Vietnam we killed 6000000 Vietnamese.They killed 560000 Americans."

According to this link, there were over 58,000 American deaths not over half a million as you state.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Thus each American killed 10 of them..the enemy."

Therefore the death ratio is more like 100 Vietnamese to 1 American.

Also, I had no idea the South Vietnamese who died were our enemy. Also, I thought many of the South Vietnamese were killed at the hands of the North Vietnamese, not the Americans.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I am almost certain this is sarcasm. But if we did count winning wars by the body count then his post is not irrelevant.

But we don't...and everyone is aware of that.

I just edited this to state that I can't believe I started to read this thread thinking, "Maybe there's some good sources in here".

I was way off.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by havok]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

YEHHAAAWWW ...

hahahahahahahahahaha

omg dude for real?

so in football, all you have to do is hurt more people on the other team to win? wow! and i thought all we had to do was complete objectives! that makes things sooooo much easier!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That **almost** has to be sarcasm.

If not it is the most ignorant thread I've ever seen.

Wow just wow

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's funny how that sort of "circular logic" is always employed almost exclusively by the losers.

Also, what war in history has ever been waged over numbers ?... Wars are waged over territory or ideology, not math.

Whatever gets you through the night bro-

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
this is all sarcasm right? please say yes////

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
I was thinking about the Vietnam war when suddenly it struck me that we Americans had actually won that war ALTHOUGH HISTORY BOOKS CLAIM WE LOST.

I think the only thing that struck you was a dumb stick. What are you, 12 years old and a pro at online first person shooters?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We did win the Vietnam War, but not for the reasons stated. The final phase that forced the NVA to sign the Paris Peace accord was Operation Linebacker. This started in roughly April 72, it was the bombing of the North. We owned the skies over north vietnam and we bombed them into the dark ages.

The north told the US about around July that they would sign if we quit bombing. We quit and they went back to playing their games at the peace talks and President Nixon quickly saw through their game and ordered a resumption of bombing and said we would continue to bomb until they signed the peace accord. They finally signed. Part of the agreement was that we would depart S Vietnam, we did and the commies, true to their word, broke the peace accord and went on the attack in S. Vietnam. We did not go back in, but we did provide air support and resupply to the S. The first nva massed attack with tanks and troops was repulsed, year or so later the north did it again, at this point the good mr chruch passed and amendment stating we would no longer assist the S. Vietnam and so the South fell to the communist and the killing began.

Johnson was the guy that grew this war and had absolutely no clue as to how wars were conducted and won. He an McNamara were responsible for the 58,000 deaths for the most part. I live in Texas and I have never been to the lbj memorial and never will. He was a traitor in my view and a disaster as a president.

Ole Sarge

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If America would have won the Vietnam War, then there would have been no need for Afghanistan.

The Vietnam poppy fields would have been big enough.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ole Sarge

Wasn't the American objective to ultimately stop the NVA from taking South Vietnam? If the south was eventually conquered, then does that not count as a failure for the US?

Signing of peace accords mean little if the battle still rages on. From what I know, the Fall of Saigon was when North Vietnam officially won the war and the US finally retreated.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Though it pains me to dignify this with a response.

Did the Axis win WWII?

Nice logic there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join