It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians to send space messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Australians to send space messages

news.ninemsn.com.au

Australians have the chance to become Earth's first intergalactic penpals under a new project that will shoot personal messages out into the ether.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This seems like a fun idea, however I wonder if they are going to also send some kind of translation primer? After all, if the aliens are listening I doubt they will understand English?

On another note, I think this is part of the Disclosure Program. The more people accept that there is life out there the easy it will be to come clean about ET contact.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The first message sent was:

Blonde 32 earth year old, Loves long walks on beach....must have money, earth money.

Lol, not long before they start looking for love

His message reads: "Hello from Australia on the planet we call Earth. These messages express our people's dreams for the future. We want to share those dreams with you."

Oops guess I was wrong.

You think aliens would see this like I do when someone sends me a text out of nowhere and I don't even know the person.

In 40 years when we get a text back, we'll all be upset when it reads "What?"

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
G'Day Mates. Down Under seeking some big bad ass aliens for National Rugby team. Damage needs to be done in South Africa. Joking...

This is awesome that the Aussies are doing this. Good to see one country in the Southern Hemisphere doing something to get out there.

KaelemJ

[edit on 8/11/2009 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think it is a cool idea. But I mean do we really want a ton of people sending random messages into spcae?

You would think that if the aliens did get all these messages it would get annoying after a while. Kinda like that neighbor that is ALWAYS playing loud music... At first its ok cause you think " oh they stop being annoying soon and turn off the music" then after a while you want to go there and destroy their means to produce the music.

What if the aliens are heading this way just to shut the earthlings up

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Maybe it would be best to send the message in many different languages......... who knows? And also send them using numbers......

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

shoot personal messages out into the ether.

LOL, the "ether"??? I guess that was slang, considering that theory died a long time ago. Anyways, hope they get a response.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Please don't land in Australia!! Seen the movie District 9?? Thats what the Aussies plan to do to you! Please land in Texas! We will welcome you like kings!

[edit on 11-8-2009 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Wow that looks like an awsome movie! I wasn't even aware of it - looks like a cross between Transformers and V lol.

I have always thought that after the novely of Aliens landing here people would return to their primative and savage nature and damand they leave - "they took our jobs!..."....

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

You are so right. Like junk mail and spam...

But even worse, if they call up to complain they will probably be put through to an Indian call centre! Now that would really p*** them off! lol

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Closed.

top topics

join