It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send a Text Message to Space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Send a Text Message to Space

www.canberratimes.com.au

ET doesn't need to phone home, now he can just send a text message.

So can all Australians as part of a National Science Week communication project of interstellar proportions.

From 10.30am today, people can visit the Hello From Earth website to send a text-like message to the nearest ''super Earth'' outside our solar system likely to support life.

The planet, dubbed Gliese 581d, is eight times the size of Earth and about 20 light years away, so its potential inhabitants will receive messages sent during the 2009 National Science week in 2029.

Hello From Earth spokesman and ed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Texting is no longer the sole time consumer of teenage Girls, Today Australians get to send text messages to Gilese 581d. An Earth like planet 8 x the size of Earth

ATSdwellers If you can send a text to space... what would that text message say?

Remember the fate of humanity could lay in your hands!

www.canberratimes.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
For those of us who sneaked a few episodes of Jimmy Neutron into their lives. LMAO, I found it a hilarious show.

He sends a video saying hey aliens, and they come to eat everbody. Lol, don't worry he saves the day.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Mine would say...

"Greetings from your God, have you been expecting me?"

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I just sent 2
first one was just a circle...cause i figure they wont speak english and they'll hopefully understand infinity or math.

The next one I sent was "Hi can i have a healthier alterative to botox...thx zazz"

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Mine would be a simple request....

~GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE.... IT'S AN INSANE ASYLUM~

[edit on 12-8-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I was kidding and said when this was shown to me

I would send something abominably stupid in hopes humanity receives galactic aid like a 3rd world country.

I just also hope nothing to the effect of

"lol omg are you leik aliens, rotfl this is the internets and leik I can't believe I got through"

actually got sent today

Seriously, I still have not decided what one or two liner would be worthy to send

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Mine is the famous ATS:MIX entry segment:

~THIS ISN'T A TALK SHOW, IT'S A FREAK SHOW~

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
Mine would be a simple request....

~GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE.... IT'S AN INSANE ASYLUM~

[edit on 12-8-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

Hoping this will not fall in the category of a lone liner according to ATS rules and regulations, I tend to agree with the poster above... Please take me off this insane world... do not forget the husband! ... Is there beer where we are going at?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
I just sent 2
first one was just a circle...cause i figure they wont speak english and they'll hopefully understand infinity or math.

Not necessarily a circle but I certainly thought that a Gaian language would likely be lost on the off chance it was intercepted by intelligent life...

Though the novelty would likely compel me to send something along the lines of, "OMG, this is the intergalactic interwebz and I totalliez got throughz. Hopes you guyz are coolz. Shanizzle."

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
2 things...

First, how exactly do they intend to send this message? I would assume that it would have to be some type of compressed data stream sent by microwave...I mean, radio and TV waves die out or fade into the "noise" in about 2 lightyears or so....

Secondly, how would WE react if we were to receive a coherant microwave beam aimed directly toward our planet? To hell with trying to decipher it, I mean it burns man

Forget what stupid crap we right...the message alone might set off an incident!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hey, why am I receiving all these random text messages from people? There has just been an influx of messages over the last half hour

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I sent this:

Any idea what happened to Elvis? Can you guys travel faster than light?You're not planning on making us slaves are you? Cos I for one am quite lazy...

The site didn't seem to mind that I am in the UK - I don't think it's restricted to OZland, just waiting on the confirmation email.

Edit:

Hi Not human any more,

Your interstellar message has been approved.

Kind Regards,
HelloFromEarth.net Team

Yay!

[edit on 12/8/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?

Really though... "I'll probably be dead when you get this, send a rescue team for survivors plx!"

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

its all in the article
2029 they think it will hit a super earth planet.

here is the site you go to
www.hellofromearth.net...

[edit on 12-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
The site didn't seem to mind that I am in the UK - I don't think it's restricted to OZland, just waiting on the confirmation email.

Nice...I didn't even try it as I assumed that the article was accurate. I almost missed out...

Sent the following:

I//III//IIIII//IIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
//IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Edit to include a space for formatting purposes.

[edit on Wed, 12 Aug 2009 02:18:13 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Though the novelty would likely compel me to send something along the lines of, "OMG, this is the intergalactic interwebz and I totalliez got throughz. Hopes you guyz are coolz. Shanizzle."

You would puff out your mod chest and give that green chicken liver no good ET a "Bannablez"

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
In all seriousness... If I could send the message

It would be a numerical sequence... prime numbers

something like

2 3 5 7 11

but in alphabetical

so

ll lll lllll lllllll lllllllllll

so the number had a physical representation they could read or simply pick up and and get the binary and put it together... continue the sequence in response

I'd kind of have figured it would be Americans who would assume that the Gileseans knew English though

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

well

g-d damn ^%**

arrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That was so not cool....

back to drawing board

Great minds think alike... lucky for you my keyboard sucks

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

I//III//IIIII//IIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII//IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
//IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Huh? 1//3//5//7//11//13//17//19//23//29??? Odd numbers missing out 9, 15, 25 and 27?

Ahhh the first prime numbers except you substituted 2 for 1...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join