It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rasputin the Evil Monk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ok I don’t know how much people know about the mad monk, but this is what I’ve found.

Rasputin at the height of his fame was thought to be no less than a demonic figure, possessed of supernatural powers, an agent of the forces of evil with an iron-clad and perhaps sexual hold on the throne of Imperial Russia Rasputin was born in the lowest rungs of society, but climbed to the top to become one of the most powerful and hated figure in Russia, and his death would not be forgotten. In December 1916 the Russian newspapers claimed ‘Grigori Rasputin has ceased to exist!’ He had climbed his way through society and held his close proximity to the Tsar by being able to stop Alex’s bleeding, who suffered from a disorder which meant his blood wouldn’t clot.

His Downfall began on the 8th Dec 1916 when an important municipal body went into a secret session, and passed a resolution stating that ‘the government now become an instrument of the dark forces, (Rasputin) is driving Russia to her ruin and is shattering the imperial throne’. It was obvious the only thing that would break the hold he had on the Tsar would be his death, and so the plot was hatched.
Lured by the prospect of seducing one of Russia’s most beautiful women, princess Irina Yusupova, Rasputin was tempted into a death trap. He arrived in velvet trousers, new boots and a silk shirt embroidered with corn flowers and girded with a crimson sash. By 11pm Cakes filled with potassium cyanide and his favourite drink, Madeira and Marsala, had also had poison added to them. Prince Yusupova told Rasputin that the princess would be with him shortly, and offered him a drink to wash down some cakes with while he waited but to his horror Rasputin just kept eating and drinking eventually requesting that gypsy songs be played. The Prince left and returned with a revolver and shot Rasputin in the forehead and in the chest. He dropped to the floor but seconds later lurched up at the prince and fell out of a side door into a courtyard.

The assassins fired two more shots as Rasputin crawled away, growing weaker. As a last attempt, the three conspirators tied his hands over his head and eventually dropped his struggling body under the ice of the River Neva. An autopsy carried out on the body revealed that neither the poison or bullet had killed Rasputin it was the river that held that privilege - his lungs had filled with water and had froze, stopping his furious struggeling against the ice.

www.knowledgerush.com...

What do you think? Could he have really been making deals with demonic forces, abnormally strong, or has the story been exaggerated?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Funnily enough i was going to start a thread about this a week ago.

Rasputin has become somewhat of a myth, a legend, an enigma. Its hard to find anything concrete about his nature but i dont believe he had any supernatural powers.

Natural powers, yes.

He seemed a very intense character. The type of person who could walk into a room full of people and, without saying a word, gain the attention of everyone there.

Also, for someone like him to gain such power and influence proves how intelligent he was.

He was a dangerous man. Not because of supernatural powers but because of his powers of persuasion and cunning. Hence why he was eventually murdered.

One of histories really unique persons.

I'd love to find out more

Nice one

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just because the guy looked like a psychotic lunatic doesn't mean he is satanic or demonic..

You Christians always label people as demonic because of their appearance (..Marilyn Manson example..)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With

You Christians..

Bitter much?

A little presumptious, eh?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by SCFox]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

I must need to read more carefully. Didn't read anyone disclosing their religion.

Rasputin is one of my favorite characters in history. What blows me away was his apparent ability to manipulate other people. It reminds me of Jean Dixon with the Reagans. Seems he was very wrapped up in the way the Russian government was run. He was considered holy by the Russian leaders of the time and had been a monk. he was known to be a gifted healer.

Like Dixon, leaders looked to him for advice and when they failed to heed it, there were often disastrous consequences.

I think he was an enlightened individual, but still not free from the bondage of humanity. Beautiful women were his downfall.

There are some rumors that he was killed by a British secret service assassin.

Tell us some more!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I remember reading about this some time ago.

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

The Russian Museum of Erotica, newly opened in St. Petersburg, has been crowing about its acquisition of the penis of Rasputin (the mad mystic and lover of the wife of the Russian Tsar).

Rasputins penis?

No wonder he was mad

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There's actually little evidence Rasputin was a bad guy. I mean hell, he had a record store named after him!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by butterflycatcher

We'll never know if that account was exaggerated or not, but if he actually did cure Alex of hemophilia and withstand bullets/poison like it says in history books than there must have been something very special about him. I remember my history teacher telling my class all of this, it's hard to believe but that's what the records say.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
To add to your story (hope thats ok)

here is a link with characters, timelines, plot details, execution, the aftermath and unanswered questions for all those who are interested, going into 4 pages.

The Murder of Rasputin - the complete plot

Other good links are

Themystica article on Rasputin

and

Link about Rasputin with Boney Ms song lyrics

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Just because the guy looked like a psychotic lunatic doesn't mean he is satanic or demonic..

You Christians always label people as demonic because of their appearance (..Marilyn Manson example..)

Ex-squeeze me?? That's funny. I got the impression that the OP was attempting to gather opinions regarding the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the story of a Russian named Rasputin, not branding him a satanic, psychotic lunatic based solely on his appearance.

Nobody claimed to be Christian and it was not even claimed that he was demonic.
Questions are being asked. Unfortunately in this case, you appear to be just as ill-informed as any "Christian" who doesn't know what they're talking about.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Well he minipulated and curropted the Russian government, which doesn't sound that all that different from many governments, but when he accepted a bribe to allow his friend Sukhomlinov to become the minister of war instead the experienced predecessor (whos name escapes me right now, sorry) he might aswell as signed the death warrent for millions of men. It meant that Soilders were sent in summer uniform in winter, soilders didn't have bullets, just rifles, and some soilders just had bullets and no rifles.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Donnie Darko

As for Demonic, who knows? Its right to say he did have a strong personality but some of what he said can be seen not as threats but as predictions. He said ‘If I am killed by a common assassin and especially my brothers the Russian peasants, You Tsar of Russia, have nothing to fear for your children, they will reign for hundreds of years in Russia. If it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in your family, that is to say, none of your children or relations will remain alive for two years. They will all be killed by the Russian people.’ Within two years of his murder The Tsar’s whole family had been murdered and his Regime which had lasted for hundreds of years ended.

And BTW, I'm a Christian, and a huge marylin manson fan, so please can you keep your comments on topic, especially when they just reveal you like to talk about things you know nothing about. Its better to have people think your an idiot then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Who said anything about Christians? Get out of here! it's folks like you that have trashed this site.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Where did the OP say they were Christian and where did the OP say Rasputin was demonic just because of how he looked?

Jump to conclusions much?

What I find more pathetic is the fact that your post got two stars for that

[edit on 12-8-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

The account of his murder is really intresting, and does raise a number of questions, why did he wait so long for the princess do you think?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Rasputin came eating and drinking and they said he had a demon.

But the tree is known by its fruits and the son was healed by the Mad Monk who loved Holy Russia.

He prophesied the Revolution and he was a "living Archetype" of Russia.

He himself said "I am Russia..Papa.."speaking to Nikolai. He foresaw the sea of blood.

What a completely interesting modern historical figure.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by whiteraven]

new topics

top topics

join