It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Woman Reportedly Concerned About FEMA CAMPS Arrested In N.Y., Sent For Psych Exam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

"A Long Island mother of three -- armed to the teeth with an assault rifle and shotgun -- was arrested for scouting out and taking pictures of an Air National Guard base in the Hamptons, authorities said."
"trespassing outside the Gabreskie Airport ANG facility Thursday night, and Homeland Security and the FBI are also investigating".

This begs the question, how is she 'trespassing' if she was outside the base? Is this another case of "it's illegal to film" government buildings? The woman was then held for a "psychiatric examination" after she allegedly went "berserk" in court.

www.opednews.com...

'GUN NUT' BUSTED AT BASE’

www.nypost.com...

I think it’s video’s like this that disturb most people.

I wonder if she was an ATS member. Not many people have heard about FEMA Camps unless they visit conspiracy sites. It looks like she was taking a stand; although keeping her guns at home would have been a better choice.

I’m curious, as to how she explained why she was taking pictures to the shrink. I do give her credit for bravery and acting alone.

Do you think this conspiracy stuff goes a bit too far at times? Those with mental conditions or over-active imaginations could potentially do a lot of damage. Maybe this is why protesters are considered terrorists by DHS.

I’m curious if she would have been arrested, without the guns. I think we are all curious about the purpose of these supposed FEMA Concentration Camps, FEMA coffins and liners and Train transportation to get there.

I wouldn’t want to be labeled a gun nut. See how the media makes us look like oddballs but most of us would have went unarmed. Don’t you find it odd that DHS and the FBI are investigating? Her guns were registered.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 10-8-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Gun nuts can be programmed.

Smells like some gov op to get us closer to Martial Law.

Its very possible. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. Are we down 1 less ATSer today?

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

One of the conspiracy nuts on here finally flipped their lid, who would have ever seen that one coming. FEMA detainment camps. Classic paranoia.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well, if sh was in within 'legal' limits of not trespassing, thier shouldnt be a problem. But, in todays world, it is. All you have to do, is be within seeing disance(someone at a place like this miltary base for example) and you ARE going to be drawing attetnion too you. Putting yuorself within view is not smart at all... she shoulda been thinking of her kids safety first off. NOT getting caught, being staelthy and camofauging herself REALLy good into the surroundings and background would have nearly done the trick, as well as a twist of luck.
NOw, bieng armed with guns and ammo..of course she is going o arrested! Dosnt take a genious to figure out, even if you have a permitt to carry, yuo can be stopped at any time and questioned. What the cops do look for, at least around me here in CT, is that the ammo is no where near the gun, nor is the gun loaded. IF yuor legal permitt to carry, gun, is loaded you WILL be detained and questioned, and have to go through alot of red tape, and stand before a judge, explaining why you wee walking around with a loaded or conceled weapon. Yes, here in CT htey consider a viewable gun in a side holster or belt, concealable..for safety reasons. Their way oof saying they dont trust you, and think yuor liable to go on a shooting spree.
The law dosnt necessarliy apply to most of us. more or less. The whole idea, fo scoping a place out, is to NOT get caught!!! as a result of this, IF she is signle, now the state will come for her kids, she will be lucky to ever see them again within a reasonable amoount of time. Gotta think calm, rational and smart

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think they're going to need those camps when the people finally figure out that Obama is not a US citizen

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

We need to take a head count here today.

But people are waking up, little by little.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I just checked and it doesn't seem to be the ones I would of suspected as being in the first wave of ATS'ers to be picked up.

Let's see
Wonderworld - still posting not her,
dgtempe - still posting not her
raven13 - still posting
Where is tenticles???? Oh now they got her

In all seriousness this bothers me in that either she is unstable or this is a gov't op to push for more restrictions.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Do you think this conspiracy stuff goes a bit too far at times? Those with mental conditions or over-active imaginations could potentially do a lot of damage.

I don't think the woman was crazy or had mental issues, I think she is one many out there that feel very strongly about what they believe in and is taking every step she knows or thinks she knows to let everyone else in on it.

Probably should have left the guns home.

I've often thought that sometimes conspiracy goes a bit too far for some people. Maybe under the right circumstance the damage could be there with someone who has you said with a mental condition or over-active imagination.

I think sometimes people believe in something so much that they will do anything and everything to let others know.
And it just ends up becoming an obsession. I think most people can stop early enough before it turns into that, but there may be some that cannot, doesn't mean they have mental issues.

I certainly don't know everything, but don't you think that if you start becoming obsessed with something you believe in so strongly that it can then in essence start running your life?

Instead of you running your life and thoughts or emotions, your obsession(s), will do that?

[edit on 10-8-2009 by notsosweet]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes, they are sure making a big deal out of it. What's there to hide?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Let's dissect this story to see the spin of the propaganda, shalt we?

1.) She was not armed. Her weapons were stowed, separate from the ammunition, in her locked vehicle. They were not discovered until after her arrest. However, the article claims she was "armed to the teeth with a shotgun and assault rifle". She was actually unarmed.

2.) The use of the word "NUT" in the title of the original source shows bias and immediately sets the tone for the reader to misinterpret and dismiss the contents.

3.) She was arrested by the Sheriffs Department but DHS and FBI are also investigating...meaning there is more to the story than we are being told.

4.) Multiple times the article deviates from the story to obsess on the guns. "Assault" is used as many times as possible, and the Undersheriff who arrested her was quoted as saying, "They are registered weapons, but they're scary weapons".

5.) It is almost glossed over that she has "no prior arrest record".

6.) The Undersheriff was again quoted as saying, "She was hysterical -- screaming and flailing around". This is placed AFTER the statement that she was ordered a psychiatric examination by the judge during her arraignment. This is done in such a way to make it appear that she acted this way during her arraignment, when in actuality this quote is the Undersheriff's description of her arrest.

This is a smear attempt by the media, no doubt.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I was thinking the same thing. Are we down 1 less ATSer today?

Just my 2-cents

I know it seems funny. Many of us think alike on here. I wonder who first came up with the FEMA Camps.

Non members think FEMA only serves as a good rescue team and complain about the conaminated trailers.

Look at their record on Katrina victims. The didnt know what to do. It does make some suspitious if they have another more sinister plan.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mrFantastic4567

Yes it would be weird if she replied to this thread or started her own on getting busted by the Feds and FBI.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Lol, send to psych evaluation. I'm not surprised at all by this. When the story first broke out there was loud talk about the 'arsenal' and that she was taking pictures of the base. Now a little time has passed and she hasn't been charged for photography because she was on public land and she hasn't been charged with weapons violations because the guns were legal.
Besides, who the hell calls one semi-auto rifle + one shotgun + 500 rounds an 'arsenal'???

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Yes it's sad that in the US you are considered guilty, until proven innocent.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Great post, and an answer to your question about all this going to far in the minds of certian people... of course it can. But truth is still truth whether in the minds of a nut or genius. Its too bad this happened but are these FEMA camps real? God help us all.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Very funny exile, just because I'm a gun advocate? I'd keep them at home.

I'll wait to flip out until the banks shut down and see army tanks at the grocery store and gas station.

On the other hand I'm prepared for all that, as most of us should be.

Most of us need psychological preparation.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Besides, who the hell calls one semi-auto rifle + one shotgun + 500 rounds an 'arsenal'???

I call it a day at the range. Of course to a non gun owner 500 rounds seems like a lot of money. To someone who shoots 22 at targets it's a single box of ammo from walmart. Actually Walmart sells 100 round boxes of shotgun shells too, so really it's two partial boxes and under $100 of ammo (depending on calibre)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by exile1981

Very funny exile, just because I'm a gun advocate? I'd keep them at home.

I'll wait to flip out until the banks shut down and see army tanks at the grocery store and gas station.

On the other hand I'm prepared for all that, as most of us should be.

Most of us need psychological preparation.

I thought you'd find it funny. Of course in serious light, I'd hate to see some of my favorite posters disappear into a phsyc ward. I hear they have no internet access in those places.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher2
I think they're going to need those camps when the people finally figure out that Obama is not a US citizen

It would centainly set off a racial riot, causing turmoil and chaos in the streets, maybe enough to declare martial Law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join