It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Woman Reportedly Concerned About FEMA CAMPS Arrested In N.Y., Sent For Psych Exam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

You dissected it very nicely. I'm going with the gun issue,,the scary looking gun. It will give them more ammunition (? pun) for more back door gun control.

They do make light of no prior criminal history and seem to twist the story, as you say to focus on the "Nut" issue.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

That is exactly the reason I come to ATS. Not many people want to believe things always arent what they appear. So they give her a psych evaluation for mentioning concentration camps.

I can see how an outsider could see that as a bit strange.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

You dissected it very nicely. I'm going with the gun issue,,the scary looking gun. It will give them more ammunition (? pun) for more back door gun control.

They do make light of no prior criminal history and seem to twist the story, as you say to focus on the "Nut" issue.

Basically you are right, the article is trying to portray that:

Guns = Bad/Scary/Illegal, even when they are legal, properly licensed, and stowed under lock and key separate from the ammunition as they were in this particular case.

You can't use this to advocate Gun Control because she was following Gun Control laws in her precinct! So, this is going to be used as yet another statistic in the War on Guns/2nd Amendment.

I can owe thanks to my father, who after 14 years in Military Intelligence, taught me well how to smell propaganda from a mile away and figure out what it was trying to accomplish. Watching the nightly news growing up as a small child with that man was more comical than watching the Colbert Report.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

The FEMA camps do exist; although the purpose in unkown and many speculate that the barbed wire is to keep people locked in and not intended for storm victims, etc.

Some claim they will be used for anyone who opposes the NWO, or RFID, mass cremations and burials, forced quarantines and other such things.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Yes that would suck to go to a phsyc ward and have no internet access.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The article was very vague. or one thing it says "assault rifle".

An assault rifle is a rifle designed for combat, with selective fire (capable of shooting in both fully automatic and semi automatic modes). Assault rifles are the standard infantry weapons in most modern armies, having largely superseded or supplemented larger and more powerful battle rifles such as the M14, FN FAL and the Heckler & Koch G3. Examples of assault rifles include the M16 rifle, AK-47, M4 carbine, and the Steyr AUG.
Contents

"They are registered weapons, but they're scary weapons," said Caracappa. "It's very odd."
So unless you have an FFL, thats illegal and grounds for arrest right there. You could be in your home with an assault rifle and be liable for arrest.

Secondly, the trespassing charge is vague also. An area can very well be fenced off within its own borders, having the borders extend past the fence with no trespassing signs posted.

Ok edit before I post. I blew up the image of the gun and added some gray because the gun was black and the case was black in the picture. It was an AR-15. You do need an FFL for one of these puppies:

Out of Stock
Product Details :
Now that the assault weapons ban is over, you can once again purchase an AR15 A4 Assault Rifle Pre-ban for a reasonable price. The AR15A4 allows you to have a telescoping stock, flash hider, and bayonet lug. With the short barrel, this is often times referred to as an M4.

AR15 A4 Assault Rifle Pre-ban features::
›› DMPS Lower Receiver
›› 4 Position Telescoping Stock
›› Birdcage Flash Hider
›› 2 x 30rd Magazines
›› Brand New!

>> To purchase a firearm, you need a Federal Firearm License. If you do not have a FFL, you need to find a Gun Dealer in your area to "transfer" the gun for you, or you can simply get a copy of How To Obtain FFL Manual and learn how to get a FFL on your own. If you have trouble finding a FFL dealer, please contact us and we may be able to assist you.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by jprophet420]

[edit on 10-8-2009 by jprophet420]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

I know a lot of guns were on the list but didnt know the ban was off.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

yes, it only applies to people with an ffl however, so for most people they are still "banned". In this case the officer said it was registered. There were 2 guns and the shotgun does not require registration so I can only assume she has an FFl unless a different source notes otherwise.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by mrFantastic4567

Yes it would be weird if she replied to this thread or started her own on getting busted by the Feds and FBI.

Yeah maybe once they let her out of the freak wagon she can run home and get online and give us an update.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The map that went with the vid was very hard to see and blurry.

The blue markers, I suppose, are what is being referred to as "concentration camps." Are these just the locations of FEMA camps?

Yes, FEMA was pretty incompetent when it came to Hurricane Katrina, but that's hardly proof that they have built slave labor camps for people bound for extinction.

Couldn't there be a more obvious and rational explanation for them?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Thanks for the link.

yes, it only applies to people with an ffl however, so for most people they are still "banned". In this case the officer said it was registered. There were 2 guns and the shotgun does not require registration so I can only assume she has an FFl unless a different source notes otherwise.

I thought the semi-auto version of the AR-15 did not require an FFL.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Couldn't there be a more obvious and rational explanation for them?

A good excuse to waste taxe $$$$?

Some of them are huge expenses as far as size goes, and some are supply depots. Others not so sure about though.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yes I think we both agree about gun control, especially involving DHS and the FBI.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It seems, as if she did have a FFl, it could be taken away, for unfounded reasons, possibly by DOD?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mrFantastic4567

I agree it would be odd if she was an ATS member. Lots of people read ATS, than join, I would imagine.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

There are many different opinions about the purpose of these camps. Some think they are related to martial law, etc, etc.

Some may view them in a possitive light; however most are extremely curious, to say the least.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join