It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Parenting be Licensed? A Very Tricky Question.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yep, you're right of course, bad idea.

Couple behind Baby P death named

The couple responsible for the death of Baby Peter have been named after a court anonymity order expired.

The child died at the hands of mother Tracey Connelly and boyfriend Steven Barker, of Penshurst Road, Haringey.

The third defendant in the case, identified for the first time as Peter Connelly, has also now been named as Jason Owen, 37, Barker's brother.

In May Connelly, 28, and Barker, 33, were jailed for five and 12 years for causing or allowing the death of Peter.

The 17-month old baby had more 50 injuries when he died, including fractured ribs and a broken back.

It emerged Owen changed his name to avoid being connected to the killing of Peter.

You now, all your prcious rights and fears are no help to baby Peter, dead at 17 months.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Yes, and why did Baby P die? Tragic as it is, it was the fault of over stretched and poorly trained social workers, the very people who you feel fit to oversee the suitability of all parents. They cannot even oversee the kids at risk effectively. And because of a few sick parents it would be silly to bring in draconian measures that affect the freedom and natural rights of the mass of people. Far easier to clean up the authorities who often resist and impede the advice of the good social workers and then to train up the other ones properly. And once again it is all mainly down to money and social workers being over stretched. So hardly a need for licensing all of mankind because of the sins of the few. Redistribute the money fairly and there would be many more happy people and chidren.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Education. It is the answer to so many problems. Any numbskull knows this.

Parenting needs education like driving.

Put any teen in a car without training or a license and see what happens.

Children's education are being cut like it is an afterthought. Really? Teach sexual awareness, reproduction as soon as they can articulate the words Sexual Reproduction. Otherwise they grow up with values and education from television and popular media thinking having a baby is "pop culture" behavior and not a serious lifechanging event and for young people an insurmountable responsibility.

EDUCATION! Early as possible.

Remember that due to the hormonal and drug-laced saturation of our drinking water, and our inability to filter the metric tons of drugs going into the water recycling process, children are reaching a sexually "physical" maturity before mental and emotional maturity at alarming rates.

This is a train wreck in slow motion we have been starting to see the impact in the last 50 years already. The social and infrastructure damage is obvious now. Population, health care, disease and similar all figure into this eventually.

Religions and Governments do not have any awareness for the lack of a view over their orthodox dogma and policies sometimes hundreds if not thousands of years out of date. Don't let them dictate policy.

I don't want additional big brother licensing where education will solve the problem. Put the money from a licensing program into educating. The pay-off is much more long term smart.

Licensing just creates more criminals.

ZG

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
Education. It is the answer to so many problems. Any numbskull knows this.

Parenting needs education like driving.

Put any teen in a car without training or a license and see what happens.

Children's education are being cut like it is an afterthought. Really? Teach sexual awareness, reproduction as soon as they can articulate the words Sexual Reproduction. Otherwise they grow up with values and education from television and popular media thinking having a baby is "pop culture" behavior and not a serious life changing event and for young people an insurmountable responsibility.

EDUCATION! Early as possible.

I am a Futurist. I prefer to look forward and adjust society and in society as we evolve.

EXCEPT - this subject - raising children. Seriously! Who RAISES children anymore?

In this generation of "me - myself - I need my personal space" - - - children have "lost the village".

This is one area we need to regress back into family groups and extended families IMO.

Large extended families are a major Social education. You learn to share - you learn its not all about you - you learn to have respect for others. Older children help younger children with schoolwork and household chores. Families used to cluster together in the same neighborhood - some kids only having cousins to play with. Everyone has a part in it and a sense of belonging. Because everyone was family - no one got away with anything. Even if both parents had to work - - there was always Aunts - Uncles - Cousins - Grandparents who wouldn't let you get away with anything.

Besides all the chemicals we now put in our bodies - - IMO the worst thing that ever happened to our society is the "single family unit" of just mom - dad - kid(s).

Just a side note: My husband says the destruction of America is the elimination of the Front Porch.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
As a parent, I understand your frustration when you see horrible violent acts toward children. However, you do seem a bit idealistic. Your idea(as laid out in the OP) would never be enforceable, or financially sustainable by an already glutenous, bankrupt government. And the last thing we need is more government oversight.

Face it, it's not a perfect world, and atrocities WILL happen...daily. It will be that way as long as man walks the planet.

Your heart is in the right place, but you're not accepting reality as it is. The best thing you can do to make a difference is raise your own children with love, caring, respect, and responsibility.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think its a good idea, although when you get down to the nitty gritty details. It would be impossible to enforce. A licence to shag would be more suitable although thats defnetly not enforceable lol

[edit on 10/8/2009 by theflashor]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Dear kiwifoot

You said that parents should have a state sponsored license in other words the state says who can and can not have a child.

Therefore you are stating fascist agenda.

Personally I would not trust any state to half of what they already do let a lone say who can have a baby.

I work every day with children who have been abused in ways that you can probably not even imagine.

So how is what I stated low.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Can you say goodbye freedom? For those of us fighting the unseen war that the media refuses to cover against our ever decreasing right to raise our children under our own beliefs, this post is an insult. Do you have any idea how many bills we have fought recently trying to give control over what a parent can or can not teach our children over to the U.N. Do any of you know the real truth about CPS and the foster care system. It ain't to protect the children that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Can you say goodbye freedom? For those of us fighting the unseen war that the media refuses to cover against our ever decreasing right to raise our children under our own beliefs, this post is an insult. Do you have any idea how many bills we have fought recently trying to give control over what a parent can or can not teach our children over to the U.N. Do any of you know the real truth about CPS and the foster care system. It ain't to protect the children that's for sure.

Where is there anything in the OP's post about personal belief?

You are talking about a completely different subject.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My response is NO! Sure there are negligent parents out there...there always have been and always will be. However, giving birth/parenting has been a part of us since the dawn of mankind (obviously). Why after 10s of 1000s of years would we need a license now? That, in my opinion, leads down a path to remove selection out of the process. If the PTB forced us into licensing, what's next? Checking our DNA to make sure we will breed nothing but "superior" genetic offspring ? GATTACA anyone?

Jusyt my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I support the Parental Rights Amendment, Parentalrights.prg

No, educate your children to be caring adult humans. It starts at home. Men stop abusing women and teaching it to our children, Stop raping women and boys and stop abuse of children by strangers so they don't grow up damaged by the so called "village". Support parents in you community, help new moms. But God gave me my child, not the government nor to the people.

Approach me ask if you can help.

But if you say privacy goes away over the rights of the parents for the child, then so do your guns.
You have guns in your home, so you may be a threat to me and my community, we should have the police be able to stop in whenever they want and make sure they are locked up tight and unloaded, so you don't abuse them and use them on us.

0.01% of children are abused by family, so you want topunish every parent out there. How many cars, guns, knives, etc kill children every day, should we outlaw them also?

Yes children die, something that always hurts my heart, but they also die worldwide due to starvation brought on by corporatations, governments, etc.

We can't save everyone all the time, and legislating us to the heavens is not the answer. Being responsible humans is.

Women and men should not engage in sex, it makes babies, that is being in charge of your reproductive organs. Raise caring compassion humans.

But stop trying to take away my rights and my freedoms. It is highly unlikely you will ever come and help me and my child, so you should not get to decide how I raise her.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by I think Im normal

And your right, I have NO right to tell you what to do. But I have a responsibility as a productive memer of society to make sure that you aren't creating another worthless human being that society will have to carry for the next 50+ years.

~Keeper

Another worthless human being? So you believe human beings are created worthless??

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join