It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Holds US Humvees as Trophies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124Anyway who cares?? I don't..... the main point is the ridiculous nature of declaring them war trophies like they are priceless artifacts, and not production line machines that aren't in any way unique.[edit on 11-8-2009 by john124]

I think the only ridiculous issue here is how you took the trophy statement so seriously. It's Russian humour, dude

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Meh, we have alot of Migs out in the Nevada desert flying around. If they want the HUMMVES that badly they could have simply looked for them on Craigslist rather than launch a war of agression.

I just have to say that gave me the best laugh I've had all day.

Thank you FredT. You rock!

Vas

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's a sad commentary when Russian industrial output can't build a glorified jeep...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
It's a sad commentary when Russian industrial output can't build a glorified jeep...

You are absolutely right. Russia doesn't actually manufacture anything. The entire country lives off looted goods acquired through war. If Russia needs some trucks, it invades Georgia. If it needs some potatoes, it invades Poland. If it needs some toilet paper, it invades the Baltics. If it needs luxury cars, it goes after Germany. This form of looting economy actually makes much more sense than capitalism.

And the Russians truly value these trophied HUMVEES. Thats how the war started - the Russians saw those magnificent HUMVEES and how much fun Georgia had playing with them, and they just had to have them. Now, possession of this amazing technological marvel has allowed Russia to crawl out of the stone age. Perhaps thanks to them, someday Russia will be able to manufacture its own internal combustion engine.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by john124Anyway who cares?? I don't..... the main point is the ridiculous nature of declaring them war trophies like they are priceless artifacts, and not production line machines that aren't in any way unique.[edit on 11-8-2009 by john124]

I think the only ridiculous issue here is how you took the trophy statement so seriously. It's Russian humour, dude

What you on about, I didn't know the Russian's had any sense of humour? Maybe unintentional humour.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Wow... it was a rhetorical question... I definitely meant that it WAS an act of war to send support to Georgia. Its basically like America declared war on Russia. Do you not see the double standard? If Russia sends weapons to Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran wherever youd be in an uproar over them supporting your enemy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join