It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Creativity? And how do we get it back!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Creativity seems to be lacking these days.

I'm sure i'm not the only one whose thought of writing GM asking them to make a car that isn't for sitting in only, maybe one you could stand up in with optional seat, to feel like your driving a giant ship on the road!

Knowing fully well that this idea would never catch on, it's a pretty enjoyful thought to experience.

Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts,

Creativity, is probably the best thing Humans have going for them, and very few animals have it, and or barely use it.

I thought i'd add this in since noone can participate in the video i'll post, but imagine what I look like, and those who have seen my picture, please don't cooperate in it, and post what you think I look like. Let creativity take over.

I know how much you love little experiments.

On to the topic again, what has happened? We've quit creating new things, and are just modifying what we have now. Wheres the creativity, where's a new type of car, that may not even be seen as a car.

Creativity has been isolated only to scholars it seems, astrologist, NASA workers, and such.

Or it is being controlled in Electric Energy, Green energy, but why limit creativity to just this.

How can we produce more in the school system, I've had quite a few teachers that made me indulge in my own creativity, and others, more of them, that tried their darndest to stop it in its track.

If we have some very creative ATS thinkers out there seeing this, how do you keep this creativity up, say for a normal 9-5 worker, what would you advise to them.

How do we keep it up.

I feel creativity is the only thing that could actually, ultimately stop any negative forces, or introduce worse ones, but nonetheless has the power of good.

Some people don't like anyone in the gov't but really don't know what they'd want our gov't to be, what the perfect one would be, and stop there creativity saying I don't know? Ridiculous.

Quite a few questions, and hopefully quite a few answers.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It's TED don't freak out, Kind of long though.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
To be truly creative, we have to get to the space of nothing. Otherwise, we're just trying to make something different from or better than, something else.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well ya see creativity collectively may have died down a bit due to a lack of time for people to be creative with work, kids, sports, ect. ect. ect. I myself being a musician and songwriter find no excuse for not being creative other than pure laziness... in fact check my music out if you like and let me know what you think of it... always in need of feedback... my music

anyways laziness is my answer...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
Well ya see creativity collectively may have died down a bit due to a lack of time for people to be creative with work, kids, sports, ect. ect. ect. I myself being a musician and songwriter find no excuse for not being creative other than pure laziness... in fact check my music out if you like and let me know what you think of it... always in need of feedback... my music

aww I like it! are you the singer, not enough Indie's out there anymore, just not enough.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I am the singer and songwriter sir

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
in fact check my music out if you like and let me know what you think of it... always in need of feedback... my music

It has potential your music (just listened to the first song on opening). I think you just need to tighten it up a bit, and maybe speed it up a tiny bit, it sounds lazyish and needs a little more passion imho.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Aww, maybe a bit more actually singing, would be much greater.

It wasn't bad at all.

I'm glad to see it's not the typical white boy trying to rap to be the next eminem singing about drugs and sex.

Actually music, Lupe Fiasco is like the only rapper I have respect for.

It's good to see indie and everything else alive and well, keep it up Jesusphish, it's good, and anyways says otherwise means their haters and screw em.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Sorry for hijacking the thread here maybe I will make my own thread about my music and see if I can attract other ats musicians... not quite conspiracy theory but oh well... thanks for the feedback

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Periods of great "Creativity" are currents that flow through the creation for a purpose. Individuals flow a creative impulse for a purpose. Great souls come to the world for a purpose. Living through the 50s onward each period has it's unique energy and nature to it because the currents flowing are different for different purposes. You can reproduce something from a previous period but it is never more than a reproduction. It lacks the "life force" associated with that period. Currently the wave is in the low cycle. In the cycles, there is time for a cool down period and a warm period. Winter, is the first month, the season of consolidation for birth and rebirth. When the cycle ends, perhaps 2012, there will be fresh impetus for creative expression. Though, personally, I believe spirits are the musical instruments to be played by the Supreme Being who is the only real source of creativity, the only real creator. This doesn't diminish our spiritual potential but clarifies our relationship to the divine. Desire for expression would not exist if one has everything. The desire that comes, indicates a capacity for it's attainment, an inadequacy needing fulfillment, and a future soon to come. Though it make not come as expected.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

lol, I dont' mind it's still a stretch but on topic nonetheless. If it's a good thing it's not a hijack.

A plane hijacked by hooters girls, isn't really a hijack I suppose.

Point being I don't mind, it's creativity, there are very few songwriters out there. Very few.

And even less with the stones to actually allow the public to view them, so kudos, creativity mixed with kahones will get you far.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Periods of great "Creativity" are currents that flow through the creation for a purpose. Individuals flow a creative impulse for a purpose. Great souls come to the world for a purpose. Living through the 50s onward each period has it's unique energy and nature to it because the currents flowing are different for different purposes. You can reproduce something from a previous period but it is never more than a reproduction. It lacks the "life force" associated with that period. Currently the wave is in the low cycle. In the cycles, there is time for a cool down period and a warm period. Winter, is the first month, the season of consolidation for birth and rebirth. When the cycle ends, perhaps 2012, there will be fresh impetus for creative expression. Though, personally, I believe spirits are the musical instruments to be played by the Supreme Being who is the only real source of creativity, the only real creator. This doesn't diminish our spiritual potential but clarifies our relationship to the divine. Desire for expression would not exist if one has everything. The desire that comes, indicates a capacity for it's attainment, an inadequacy needing fulfillment, and a future soon to come. Though it make not come as expected.

Wow, you must not of seen any of my posts or threads

I will kindly respond to your post though. See not all bad.

Maybe it doesn't have to do with mystical energies or currents, but just school teachers, and television, and peer pressure.

I feel personally our time here, is filled with doom and gloom since 9/11 Y2K 2012, we're all looking for the doom more then another time, not trying to better the quality of living or having a stress free time.

I guess remember, that the USA is the leader in people with anxiety/depression, I'll get the links later on, but you knwo.

So I guess I would suppose it's just we're so busy with the day to day life, that creativity, is at the bar drinking away to laziness.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

Tried it, tried everything, and I don't want anyone to think narcotics are the answer for this, they lead elsewhere.

They stunted my creativity, and only brought pain and loss. People died and I was unaware and uncaring, would never go through it again no matter how much you paid me. Wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Hey, I'm not saying to go try crack

but you know what? I think if man never would have tried that first mushroom we would have never invented the wheel.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I imagine that u are 3'6" with a blonde topknot u have a burnstache and constantly hop on one foot. Ur shoes make the sound of a mounatain yak everytime they hit the ground. U are shirtless and surprisingly ripped for a man of 3'6" stature. Ur eyes are the color of a ripe mango in the spring. But on a serious note good point about creativity. I am a musician and find that it is best to turn off the tv and read a book or ten. The tv implants images and a book let's ur mind make the image in its own way. They only way to inspire creativity is to excercise the mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Good question, what happened to creativity? I'm guessing there are multiple reasons.

As far as with cars I think creativity went out the window with the electric car, people realized you couldn't take on big oil no matter how well your product worked our how much more efficient.

I think another factor is that people like to think there is a status quo or a way things are supposed to be, its why rather than come up with a new system of transport they'd rather just pave over the crumbling infrastructure and hope for the best.

Many people are too busy to be creative, or at least that's how they justify it. Creativity is also, a lot of times, a form of escapism but in this day and age with hundreds of television channels, millions of websites, and billions of books people have their entertainment needs already taken care of. Television KILLS creativity, trust me, I know, I'm a creative writer trying to get published and the more TV I watch the less writing I get done.

We don't get nearly enough imagination stimulation...

Now for your creativity drill on your appearance... I'd say you're about 6 feet tall you have black hair spiked into a Mohawk and tipped with crimson red and you are definitely brandishing a battle-axe while smoking a cigar

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Absolutely everybody has the positive creative pulse in them, ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY!

For the conciousness of it to be alive, the amount of positive creative people needs to hit a critical point for it to evolve into sometthing absolutely, indescribably magnificent, stupendous and extravagantly monumental OK let me catch my breath.

We have awoken to that positive conciousness fortunately and its does not stop with the artificial world but goes beyond to the natural world and natural time.

There is time for creation when a person does not stop to look at the time, pays attention and attentively gets on with it.

An example of a nine to five worker who juggles kids and watches hours of tv and computes has time for creativity. There simply is no excuse, as everyone is able to think and work around it.

If you juggle kids you can always exchange ideas with them and be creative. Get them involved. Be creative with work of course you can when you dont let absence of mind and struggle override your thoughts.

Put your thoughts out there in the universe and watch your physical body get to work on the end product. Realise the magnificence of human potential in each and every body.

An inventor who makes his own things makes his dreams come true! Does he not, absolutely he does. The moment he thinks of the design then he makes it, he creates/created his absolute dream. Now with this you realise the POWER all humans have.

At the moment im thinking of a creative way to build a self sustaining system in my own backyard, depending on the size i want to get. First thing i need is money so i gave up on my indulgences and started saving using my money towards those ethical things i believe in. I put my money towards those things i want to see more of. For eg if i want more fruit trees in my garden i put my money towards that and those business that can offer me that. With that i can reproduce those fruit trees(from seed) and keep building from there. Then if i want to create the trees to stay in a particular way i design it first on paper. Then i make it come alive. I send that conciousness out into the universe. I can never go wrong with nature because it keeps reproducing itself and is very productive. I eat my own food plus can sell the surplus. Therefore i CREATED a self sustainable system that gives back. I designed in a way thats pleasing to the eye like a picture painting. I design the plan and then draw the picture of how i want to see it then i plant it accordingly. I made my self sustaining dream come true. Your not just seeing it on a canvas your seeing the ART of human potential. The creation conciousness. The same conciousness those believe that the world and universe was created by with an impulse of thought by some grand creator. Isnt it lovely we have that ability too.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great thread and an important subject. My initial response
was go look up TED, lol. we're riding the same wave here.
The saying beneath your avatar also caught my eye; "I
believe in accidents". I think some our best creative
thoughts are entirely by accident. The trick is to know
when that accident has a valuable idea.

As a former art teacher in public schools I believe we are
all born artists (well mb 95%). It is our institutions that
beat the creativity out of us, particularly schools. Our need
for acceptance seems to overwhelm the need for any ideas
that might be thought of as being "odd" or socially unacceptable.

I have been a working artist and musician for over 30 years
now and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to make
a living doing it. There are so many ways to be creative it' s
hard to know where to start. I think it is critical to always
keep new input going into your brain. Reading has always
helped me keep ideas flowing, whether fiction or not.

Studying other artists is another avenue for ideas. When
I write songs soemtimes I write the music first then make
words to fit. Have
you ever tried writing the words first and then the music?
sometimes I approach lyric writing as poetry, other times I
establish an overall theme and then write lyrics. If you are
listening to music while you write it will affect the rhythm of
the words you write.

One of the more interesting jobs I've had is engraving bench
made knives. These are folding knives with inlays or handles
of precious materials such as jade, tortoise shell etc. The challenge
of that was twofold; the knife has 2 sides - how to make a design
that complement the other side. The shape to be engraved is
random - the inlays vary in shape, size, arrangement and colors.

. I was used to designing for rectangular surfaces and this
opened up whole new realms for me. I need to get off my lazy
butt and post some pictures so you'll know what I'm talking about.
One last thought is that I find nature to be an endless source of inspiration. Bored? Study
up close how insects are put together or flowers. Also try meditation to clear your mind
if you have a creative problem to tackle, it's always helped me.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Creativity seems to be lacking these days.

I'm sure i'm not the only one whose thought of writing GM asking them to make a car that isn't for sitting in only, maybe one you could stand up in with optional seat, to feel like your driving a giant ship on the road!

Knowing fully well that this idea would never catch on, it's a pretty enjoyful thought to experience.

First off...excellent post and video too

Just your opening idea alone has sparked off all sorts of creative mental-images and have been running away with your nautical start-point

Clipper-trucks...heavy haulage vehicles fitted with sail-assist for those long runs across open stretches of country to economise on fuel?

Verbally-operated vehicle management system for disabled drivers..*whee-oo-ee* "engine room, maintain current miles-per-gallon" with the dashboard responding "aye captain"

Safety parrots that sit on your shoulder pirate-style to observe blind-spots as you drive maybe?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join