It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web citizens trying to kill Internet Explorer 6

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
IE6 is indeed a pig to design for, so much so that I never can get away with one unified stylesheet ever, always has to be inline conditional fixes to get around positioning issues etc.

As for ditching IE completely good luck, to access my corporate portal I must use IE because of their use of ActiveX controls, without it I can't do my timesheet, check my PTO, anything!

People can moan about not wanting to upgrade but one day you will have to either give up using the computer or ditch the half-arsed luddite nonsense and upgrade your browser to something modern if you want to get any use out of the web. The prevalence of AJAX means without _javascript enabled you are going to realize that most of the web no longer works. I'm sure it would be wonderful if we all could exist in a world where technology stayed at a 1950 level and never forced people to change but the reality is that IE6 is dying and will eventually go away (for the overall good of the web) and then we can have this discussion in another 5 years when everyone is complaining about having to give up their outdated and unmaintained copies of IE7.

<< 1  2   >>

join