It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASTRALPEDIA [ a guide the the astral, and how to get there ]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c683e643251b.gif[/atsimg]
Welcome to the ASTRALPEDIA, a comprehensive examination and guide to astral travel and energy work. This guide will cover the speculation around the astral plane, as well as the methods one can use in order to reach to astral plane. This guide will include a mixture of research and personal opinions and experiences. The majority of this guide will be based on personal technique and experience. Since the astral is in the eyes of the beholder, you must take a look for yourself.
The Guide will be broken down into chapters:
1. The Astral
2. Getting ready
3. Energy work
4. Visualization
5. Tactile imaging
Also there will be a number of sub groups within each chapter. Enjoy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aee59e308b10.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/136a5eb1d6d7.gif[/atsimg]
The Astral is a broad term which encompasses sates of existence/awareness both higher and lower than that which we normally experience daily on our physical realm. The Astral contains within it a number of separate and unique levels/states of awareness. Some realms appear very similar to our realm (the physical), however certain laws of physics may not apply or things may be different. The astral contains realms which have no resemblance to our physical universe at all, and can be sometimes hard to describe. It would be comparable to a massive endless layer cake. This section will cover the different known levels of the astral layer cake. From this point on I will refer to each separate dimension as a layer. The names used below are the ones commonly associated with each layer, I did not create them. I will however do my best to describe each based upon personal experience or outside info.

The Astral Layer

This layer of the astral is for all intents and purposes a mirror image of our physical world. Everything in this plane shares energy with the physical world. Although it may appear to the astral traveler as a mirror image everything on this plane is changeable. Things on the astral layer may appear normal at first glance, but after further examination one can realize that things are indeed different. The differences may be subtle but they are there. While one is on the astral plane the differences may not be noticed because the mind conforms to the differences, only after leaving the trance state does one recall and recognize the differences. While on the astral layer Time may seem to drag on forever, or stop all together, one hour one the astral layer may actually be a few seconds in real physical time. This is where the reports of people living out entire lifetimes over night in the astral realm, this is caused by the time dilation associated with this plane. Also travelers on this plane often experience strange emotional vibes,, coupled with the ability to fly around and basically do what they want and be what they want ( shapeshift ). This is the level most people reach by accident.

The Mental Layer

Personally I have never experienced this realm, although I have been to higher one I somehow managed to skip this one. Since I have never experienced it, I personally believe it does not exist or is misinterpreted for a buffer zone between realms. Here is what Robert Bruce’s Astral Dynamics Website has to say about it.

This is a spectacular dimension! Iridescent rivers of sound bounded by rainbow shores of pulsating light. Thoughts appear as kaleidoscopic patterns of light and sound. You walk across fields of ideas under a sparkling crystal sky of inspiration. If you enter this world don't try to rationalise or understand it, or you may go mad, for it is beyond human understanding. Just accept it all, go with the flow and enjoy it!
This dimension is what, I believe, the ancient Vikings called the famed "Rainbow Bridge" into Asgard. It truly looks and feels as if you are walking up a rainbow into some wonderful world where the Gods must surely dwell.
Exist here in wondrous amazement. Let loose the child within you to play in this fairy wonderland. Everything feels real and solid. Time is even further distorted here than in the Astral and reality is kaleidoscopic.

Buddhic Layer:

Well in my personal opinion this is the best layer of them all. This layer is what I like to call an inner-layer, the reason I call it an inner layer is because you can only reach it by projecting inwards. Although many claim to have reached this layer through astral projection, they are not being entirely truthful for reasons unknown to me (greed? Dunno). This layer is a layer of the one, by this I mean that it is the closest layer to being in full contact with “GOD”. The entire layer is filled with love and warmth, and is very comfortable. Unlike in the astral layer time passes pretty much at the exact same speed as it does in the physical layer. One is only able to reach this level by removing all external influences from the mind and in essence becoming still (relationships, addictions, worries, passions, any thoughts). Using breathing (inhale/exhale) picture yourself becoming nothing or still during the inhale and on the exhale (in a sphere which encloses the image associated to the influence) feel and see the influence exiting your body from your mouth or your chest. During this exercise please keep the tongue on the roof of the mouth. The next step is to visualize and connect with whatever represents your source to you. I personally like to visualize a big glowing orb which I fly through space to reach (but that’s just me). Next and probably the most important step is to connect with it (whatever you picture it as), it’s comparable to plugging a power chord into the wall, which is the same principle (I visualize it as that exactly as a matter of fact).

Continue to next post

[edit on 8-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The Atmic Layer

I have never personally reached what is commonly described as the Atmic Layer, although I have made contact with spirits it has never been on this plane. Here is what Astral Dynamics has to say about it :

This dimension appears be the spirit world. Here, spirits wait for those they loved during their time on earth. This is the happy place of the gathering. It is the place where the reunion of souls takes place.
The light in this world is purest, brightest silver, brighter than the flash of an arc welder. It is so bright it seems impossible to look at, but it is, for all that, a supremely gentle light, soft and soothing. It is the light of divine love. The people here appear as they did in the physical world, but at their most magnificent. They glow ecstatically, ablaze with the brightest love, happiness and joy imaginable. The atmosphere is electric and vital, but at the same time deeply spiritual. In this world you can FEEL the presence of God as a tangible all pervading force.

The Akasha Layer (commonly referred to as the Askshic Records)

Personally I do not consider this to be an astral layer, I know that it is connected to the Buddhic layer. It is my understanding that the Akasha layer is actually the background noise of the Buddhic layer. It can only be accessed through the Buddhic layer, so if you have been the Akashic records in your travels you passed through the buddhic layer either knowingly or unknowingly. The akasha is also a layer of light, which stores experience and emotions. I have personally only been here once, and although the akasha appears to everyone in a different way, most always know when they are there. The Akasha can be difficult to reach, in order to pass into the akasha one must first be able to reach the Buddhic layer. The part that makes it hard is that you must reach the Buddhic layer while still holding onto some of your earthly desires. This is difficult to accomplish knowingly, and is almost always done unknowingly. The akasha can also be reached in the dream state, unlike the rest.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8b26dfa2c7d.gif[/atsimg]

This section will prepare you to relax and be ready to astral project.

Concentration:

It is important to reach a still state of mind before attempting to enter a trance state in order to astral project. A good way to concentrate and make the mind still is do controlled breathing with a rhythm. To do this breathe in through your nose and exhale out of your mouth, after each exhale count one…two…three…and so on. Focus only on counting and breathing, allow the world around you to become still. Ignored any outside distractions such as noise or vibrations, focus only on breathing and keeping your mind clear of thought (other than the count).

Getting Closer:

Once you’ve fully relaxed stop counting but continue to breathe in the same manner. Picture yourself moving down. This can either be done by picturing yourself walking down a staircase, or falling down, whichever is most familiar to you as long as you are going down. If your doing ti properly you should begin to feel heavy, the heavier you feel the deeper into trance you go. ( be careful not to go too deep on your first try or you’ll fall asleep, instead shoot for a light trance state )

Full Trance:

You’ll know when your entering a trance state when you being to see lights on your eyelids. Although the lights are meaningless they indicate a trance being induced. You’ll feel very relaxed and heavy, and most of the time you’ll feel like you’re in a higher place.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/358223271947.gif[/atsimg]

There are many methods of energy work available out there, each however involve the chakras.(this is how i do it) Keep in mind that energy flow from your feet to the root chakra, and from your crown to your heart chakra. The goal is to visualize and feel these two steams merging around your solar plexus. In essence your Ying and Yang must mix in order to truly raise your energy levels. Once the mix is complete (normally you will feel a tingle or wave or something) then you must direct the energy to each energy chakra. Start at the root and work your way up. It helps to visualize each chakra as if it where a plant or flower blooming once energy going into it. Take it slow, energy work take a while for there to be a noticeable difference
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/985dd28ebe6c.jpg[/atsimg]
These are your chakras, their names are not important. However their location is. Please familiarize yourself with this chart if you haven't already.

Learning to control your body's energy is a crucial step in both astral projection mastery and overall balance. Above is a video i find interesting, although i am not able to mimic or reproduce the effects show.....yet

Also another video i believe is real.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/135cefd302f8.gif[/atsimg]

Visualization is exactly what it sound lie, you visualize within your head and within your imagination. It took me a long time to do visualization properly and its honestly harder than it sounds. Most people do what I call eyelid visualization, which they try to visualize images being projected onto their eyelids or in front of them. If you do this and wonder why it doesn’t work, it’s because you’re doing it wrong. The proper way to visualize is to imagine it within a screen INSIDE your head. It’s kind of a hard concept to grasp and really takes time, but you really want to be visualizing from within your third eye itself. If you have any more questions on this please ask and I will do my best to answer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fade6c689291.gif[/atsimg]

Probably the hardest thing to learn when practicing astral projection. It basically is localized feeling on the body, some people are able to do it by imagining their hands doing the feeling. Once you’ve got the hang of it you wont need your hands anymore, you can just feel wherever you want. The best way to practice this is by running your fingers up you arms and legs and feeling and memorizing what it feels like. After enough practice you wont need to do it anymore.

Continue on next post

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Getting out

You could use a number of techniques while in a trance state ( this can also be done without a trance but require a lot of will power and I feel it is harder and less vivid, although faster)

ROPE: Imagine yourself pulling on a rope to get up, use tactile imaging and visualization. This is the simplest method I know.

Magic Carpet : similar to lift, however with this method you visualize and feel the surface you a sitting/laying on rising. This is also a simple exit method.

Lift: You are pulled up or lifted by something ( its up to you, I like to picture birds lifting me when I use this technique ). Also a simple exit method.

Sink: The opposite of Lift, imagine something pressing one you or you are falling.(whatever you want, I imagine falling) Note: this technique gives the most vivid projections, however it plunges you into a deep trance which could make the inexperienced fall asleep.
(please feel free to add to this thread with your own experiences and techniques, thanks )
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/824380494ef6.jpg[/atsimg]
( remember this wont happen overnight and it normally [unless your naturally gifted] takes time and practice like everything else. That said good luck to all )

Please visit the following for more info :

Astral Dynamics ( Robert Bruce )

Atral Projection Wiki

Chakras Wiki

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If there are any questions, or anything regarding the above thread please feel free to post here of U2U me.

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Un...believable...

This should be a sticky!!! S&F and good luck!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks
Like i said the above is mostly personal experiences and things that took me a long time to figure out the hard way. There are a lot of people out there that claim to be spitting the truth but in reality either they are knowingly or unknowingly deceiving people.

I just tried to clear the mist with this thread
i hope it helps people out.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think I did something like this on accident last night. I had taken a muscle relaxer because my neck is all stiff and I have a nasty head cold, anyway, I'm not sure how long I had been laying there but I realized I could see a path while my eyes were closed, instead of freaking out I tried to move on this path but couldn't. So I sat there wondering what to do, I looked left and it was weird but I moved left, so I looked right and the same thing. I wasn't sure how to move forward, so I just tried to visualize moving forward and I did, it was incredible. I just kept moving along this glowing path, it didn't really go anywhere that I know of but, I just kept going along taking lefts and rights it was so fun, it was like being a kid again. It wasn't like I was walking either, I was more or less hovering above this path. Did I actually do it or was I dreaming. It was so vivid and amazing to me...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Sounds like a lucid dream, however sometimes projections cannot be distinguished from a lucid dream since they are very similar. Perhaps you projected to some other realm, but i think you where in the dream realm. Regardless its always an experience and as long as you enjoyed yourself its all good

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

very well could have been, but hell yeah it was fun. But tonight I'm trying your technique. thanks for this awesome post.

most definitely an S&F for you...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Great posts. The astral realms are probably not only the most interesting and complicated experiences humans can have, but also the most repressed in todays society.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thank you for this! I was just talking to a friend today about how to achieve this. She is very spiritual herself and knows more about this anyone I personally know. .I told her I felt like it was happening as I was getting to sleep. It doesnt last long at all, I usually wake right up. I told her I didnt know how to do it at will and wanted to know and your thread is exactly what I was looking for. S&F!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Awesome thread!

I have been in trance states by inducing myself a couple of times. But I never felt like I was in another place, it's weird, hard to explain even. I usually feel heavy and and its all dark, sometimes I see lights as you mentioned somewhere. I feel very relaxed and everything but I don't know what to do from there. I'm just in this state of calm where random lights come across sparsely. Sometimes I try to move in this new "place" but that usually breaks my trance because I actually start moving in this physical plane.

Same happens with my dreams. If I realize I'm dreaming and try to control it or move consciously I wake up because I can feel that I'm also moving in the physical plane. And my dreams are really unclear usually, I only know what is happening conceptually but I can't really see like I see here.

So any tips would be appreciated!
Thanks for the time for sharing all of your knowledge!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Well once you reach a trance try moving your hands and arms within your mind. By this i mean imagine your arms and hands are moving...really feel them moving ( without physically moving them, its easier than it sounds in a trance
). Most of the time im able to physically see my astral hands moving and waving in front of my face. After that try to use one of the exit techniques i listed, for hands i would use the ROPE, its the easiest and most effective. I can normally do rope without going into a trance because its so effective ( although projecting isnt as vivid without trance ).

see if that works
honestly the hardest part is getting into a trance, from there on its all a matter of getting used to the sensations.

good luck.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have been practicing meditation and astral projection the last couple of weeks....

When i lay down and do the rope method to A/P, Im getting these very odd but very good feelings radiating from what i can only assume is the chakra region....Like almost like shaking or vibrations..like my chest is literally shaking...i get frieghtened from these feelings, just because i dont want to induce some sort of heart failure but it will begin right in the middle of my chest and radiate a bit down to right above my stomach...its not a bad feeling thats why i try to embrace it as much but eventually it gets so overwhelming it breaks my concentration

Is this normal? Its hard to explain but its almost like vibration that build up along with my breathing and heart beat...

I read this is the actual soul separation but i want to double check...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

Sounds like your activating chakras ( heart moving down to the solar plexus). In my thread i suggest moving an opposite yet equal force from the root chakra.

This is what eastern philosophers refer to as the merger of the yin and yang, it will balance the forces you are feeling. Focus on your root chakra, and force energy from your feet up through your root chakra and to your solar plexus where the two meet.

I hope this helps you, let me know how it goes
good luck.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
if one went deeper and deeper into the astral plane, going towards outer space would it signify going to the next level or would one just exist in space? I got to that point twice and turned back out of fear and foreboding.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I have yet to discover chakras that are in my lower legs...

So far the only ones i seem to actively be able to feel and actually have my brain realize these as new sensations are the spots on my temple area however instead of the sides, more so right above the bridge of my nose...

And the one thats right in the middle of my chest, right above the top of the stomach and right where the rib cage meets in the middle of your body...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian
reply to post by phi1618

I have yet to discover chakras that are in my lower legs...

So far the only ones i seem to actively be able to feel and actually have my brain realize these as new sensations are the spots on my temple area however instead of the sides, more so right above the bridge of my nose...

And the one thats right in the middle of my chest, right above the top of the stomach and right where the rib cage meets in the middle of your body...

hehe there are no chakras in your legs( that i know of), its more like a connection to the root chakra, kinda like when you connect a hose for watering plants, the hose is the medium while the wall socket ( the universal energy) provides water and the nozzle ( root chakra ) receives it.

try to awaken your root chakra, its is very important ( imo second to the 3rd eye or maybe heart ).

With energy work its very important to have balance, work on your weaker chakras so they are all balanced. Once you have all your chakras balanced you will project without a problem, i have no doubt.

i myself had a stronger throat and heart and root chakras compared to the others, i needed to do alot of balancing before i was able to proceed. For me opening my 3rd eye was a challenge, but energy work was always easy. Perhaps you are the opposite, try working your lower chakras.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I have never tried it personally going deep, i have read that it is possible to exit into deeps space, but it requires alot of willpower. The speed of thought is pretty fast
i suppose you could see all the planets you want.

Dont worry about going too far out, all you need to do to snap out of it is wake up

When i tried doing it a while back i was pulled in by a loop, so it changed my experience completely.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

yeah comin' back was easy. I got to the edge of the solar system both times. seemed to take like a second...definately my perception of it was that it was faster than light.
thanks for the info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join