It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm Tired of People Opposed to Health Care Reform

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My medical problems always resulted directly from the hospital not the insurance.

Insurance would pay what was agreed upon then the hospital would charge me for the rest. The hospital would then report individuals to a collection agency if they couldn't pay the bill in full the first month, because the govt. would then reimburse them even though they agreed the person owed no more with the insurance company.

After talking to the collection agency came to find out it's standard operating procedure for at least 2 hospitals.

Insurance isn't the problem it's the stupid hospitals that are causing the problem. That is why the health care plan is garbage it addresses no real problems what so ever. It makes the assumption it's the insurance companies fault that people are charged by the hospital when in fact it's the hospital charging the people. When was the last time an insurance company made you pay them for say a cat scan? They don't you pay the hospital.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Violet Sky

I don't understand your question. But if you are getting free health care, there's no incentive to change where you are unless it sucks, in which case the government can't do it right.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The real problem is this. Currently, people with no health insurance are clogging up the emergency rooms at hospitals for non-emergencies because regular doctor's offices will not see them with no insurance.

It is so bad that there is a rumor going around that hospital emergency rooms will be the first to get federalized.

The poor need more options for care. Something has to be done.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrailGator

I have no proof of this because it is not a position I hold. It is what the anti-NWO /Corporate conspiricists say they believe in. If TPTB are the bad guys then why are they in bed with them when it comes to health care reform? If the working middle class can't afford decent health care under our present system isn't that de facto rationing? Making healthcare affordable for all is the equivalent of killing people?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This health care fiasco is GONNA HAPPEN folks!!! Could we have a better health care bill yes! Could we have a worse health care bill yesss... But it's best at this point to just bite your lower lip and hold on to something sturdy because there's just too much money at stake and the Govt. smells blood.
I promise you this. We will have National Health care Before Obamas first term is up.
What worrys me most is that we have 17 million people that lost thier jobs and over 1 million people homeless. WHAT about them?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I agree everyone should be able to have health care. The way the health care is provide is what should be questioned.

Why do we give our elected officials such good health care? Are they really more important than us? When they are out of office they are just another burden on the tax payer. Maybe if the perks that go with the job and after the job is over weren't so good we might get people who would really care about the people of this country in Washington.

Just think of the money we could save on their retirement and health care. We could use that to fund hospitals for people without health care and those with crappy policies. Base a co pay on earnings. My health insurance I pay a 20 dollar co pay. I've heard in Iowa they have a county clinic where you pay a 10 co pay for medical treatment if you don't have insurance. If the state of Iowa can do it why can't our government.

Why can't these medical colleges pitch in and have the students also help in these clinics and hospital for their intership? How about if you get a government loan or grant for med school you work some of it off for a period of time in one of these hospitals.

I myself think its a crock of crap when you're told after you get so old you won't get certain treatments to save your life. Guess what those people have people that care for them also. Especially if your a grandparent raising a grandchild. You aren't no spring chicken and if your medical treatment is something under this plan you can't have because you are to old...what happens to the child in their care? Do we send them off to a state run, mind control facility so the government can raise them the way they want them to think?

If you want to lower medical cost to make it more afordable why not go after these big drug companies? Don't tell me it really cost them that much to make this medicine. Why not curtail the lawsuits that are bogus on malpractice yet let the ligit ones have their day in court.

With this great health care plan of theirs do we really need to work on things and spend money to lengthen life? What would be the purpose if after you reach a certain age your not going to get life saving medical treatment anyway?

When congress and the president add theirselves to this bill as participants then sure I'll back it. We would of been rid of Teddy Kenedy if this bill was passed in the last administration. We'd of be saving money as some of those guys up there are getting up there in age.

I do personally know one Candian or English person that sings praises about their health care. Instead they tell me they wished they had a system like we have. Perhaps our system isn't so bad. We do need a way though for everyone to feel they can go get treatment if they really need it.

If you are not legal in this country you shouldn't get a free ride. If you are not a natural born citizen there shouldn't be any more perks for you than the people that were born here. You work you hindend off just like the rest of us have to.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by jd140

Health insurance costs to much. Don't you think its a little wiser for the government to work on making it affordable instead of continueing to add to our deficit?

I wont even entertain the rest of your post.

I will answer this part though.

Take the ALL the profit out. No need to have insurance companies, we can pool our money and it will cost much less.

Get rid of 3/4 of our military, then we could have health care and college for everyone and not cost us anything extra. In fact our taxes would go down.

You don't have to entertain the rest because their is nothing you can say.

No we can spend a fraction of what the health care bill will cost and it will drive down the insurance. But lets do it your way and put tens of thousands out of a job.

I have never before met a whiny, anti military, anti christian, selfish fireman before.

I'm sure you are a hit with your co workers.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violet Sky
reply to post by Question

If you are getting the same care for free, what's the problem with switching to a new health care plan?

Lets see... 50% more of MY hard EARNED money would be GONE to pay for this LOW quality healthcare diatribe so YOUR lazy a** doesn't have to work for it. Where as now, I pay NONE (thanks to my company) and has WAY better quality and WAY better options than previous ones. Hmm... which should I choose?

I think you deluded yourself into thinking that when Obama said it would be "free" that he really meant it. But didn't bother to see WHO was going to pay for it, and HOW it would affect everybody. Whatever, keep holding hands and singing "kumbaya" hippie. That's all you people are good for, you're all talk, but when it comes to standing up and taking action, taking RESPONSIBILITY, your words fall empty.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Canada's system may not be perfect but it's still better than what the US has. I can go to any doctor, any hospital, any where and get all the coverage I need. From $500 - $5 Million. It's all covered. The odd mistake happens and someone dies. But I agree the liability risks and resultant insurance needs place an enormous cost on the system. We hold Doctors up to this God like scrutiny and unfortunately some due make mistakes. But it's the lawsuits that are filed because some doctor couldn't resurrect someone from the dead and the family sues. Those are frivolous and should never see court.

Don't believe the lies about national health care. It works, I never have to worry about being denied coverage or going bankrupt because I get seriously ill. It requires a different priority for tax spending. We choose health care spending over military spending as well as a different approach to foreign policy.

It's a decision the American People are going to have to make. Huge military and war spending or..........Health Care for all and a reduction in War spending?????

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Thanks.

Its comforting to know if I want free health care I can move to Canada.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question

reply to post by Question

If you are getting the same care for free, what's the problem with switching to a new health care plan?

Lets see... 50% more of MY hard EARNED money would be GONE to pay for this LOW quality healthcare diatribe so YOUR lazy a** doesn't have to work for it. Where as now, I pay NONE (thanks to my company) and has WAY better quality and WAY better options than previous ones. Hmm... which should I choose?

I think you deluded yourself into thinking that when Obama said it would be "free" that he really meant it. But didn't bother to see WHO was going to pay for it, and HOW it would affect everybody. Whatever, keep holding hands and singing "kumbaya" hippie. That's all you people are good for, you're all talk, but when it comes to standing up and taking action, taking RESPONSIBILITY, your words fall empty.

Well, I'm not lazy. I pay 500 a month for my insurance and I still have to pay alot out of pocket.

It's easy to sit there and look down on everyone else when you are sitting pretty with a top notch situation. But most of us aren't so fortunate and most jobs these days don't offer great benefits - if you can find a job in the first place.

I'll tell you what. I'd rather pay my 500.00 a month into a general fund if it would mean full coverage for me and everyone around me. I'm hoping it is not that much, but if it was, then so be it.

Are you you going to tell the mother holding a wheezing and sick baby, "Sorry, lady, you didn't earn it. Your baby has to die."

Is that the type of world you want to live in? Is that what we have evolved to?

If this viewpoint makes me a hippy. Then so be it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Violet Sky

That wheezing baby situation just broke my heart.

It broke my heart that you tried to use a sad story that will never happen to try and prove your point.

Show me where a hospital refused to see a dying baby because of a lack of health insurance and they didn't get sued or closed down.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
"Canada's system may not be perfect but it's still better than what the US has."

I agree. Hell you can get better health care in Cuba if you have the jeuvos to go there. What worries me the most right now is the 17million who have lost thier jobs, and the 1 million that are homeless. Is everyone covered?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Canada's system may not be perfect but it's still better than what the US has. I can go to any doctor, any hospital, any where and get all the coverage I need. From $500 - $5 Million. It's all covered. The odd mistake happens and someone dies. But I agree the liability risks and resultant insurance needs place an enormous cost on the system. We hold Doctors up to this God like scrutiny and unfortunately some due make mistakes. But it's the lawsuits that are filed because some doctor couldn't resurrect someone from the dead and the family sues. Those are frivolous and should never see court.

Don't believe the lies about national health care. It works, I never have to worry about being denied coverage or going bankrupt because I get seriously ill. It requires a different priority for tax spending. We choose health care spending over military spending as well as a different approach to foreign policy.

It's a decision the American People are going to have to make. Huge military and war spending or..........Health Care for all and a reduction in War spending?????

My sister (57) had to have an MRI today for some health issues, oddly enough, for the same reasons that my Uncle has to have one. The difference is, my sister scheduled one in 1 week and my Uncle, living in the United Kingdom, still has another 14 months to wait. Hopefully, he won't be dead before then!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I'm just trying to point out the insanity behind this idea that health care is something you have to earn.

I know women with babies aren't turned away - yet.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Violet Sky]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I wont even entertain the rest of your post.

I will answer this part though.

Take the ALL the profit out. No need to have insurance companies, we can pool our money and it will cost much less.

Get rid of 3/4 of our military, then we could have health care and college for everyone and not cost us anything extra. In fact our taxes would go down.

howsabout show us some numbers, if you have some facts and a calculator handy.

Instead of just spewing liberal talking points. That seems to be what Obamacare opponents are always accused of? The worm has turned.

If you are opposed to our military spending, howsabout also starting a thread on that?

[edit on 8-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by StonyJ

See your uncle having to wait more then a year is the part that isn't perfect.

The part that is perfect is the hotline you can call when you need to see the doctor.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I had to wait almost 2 months to get a cat scan done for 'health issues' here in America on the Kaiser Permanente plan. Not as bad as 14 months but still quite a wait. However I assure you if it had been a life saving cat scan I would have went to the top of the line and it would have been done in hours. They would have to prioritize In any case I suppose.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

I'm just trying to point out the insanity behind this idea that health care is something you have to earn.

I know women with babies aren't turned away - yet.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Violet Sky]

Health care isn't something you earn, but it damn sure isn't something that I have to pay for so that you can go to the doctor. Why should I have to work hard so that the crack addict can take her wheezing baby to the doctor?

I have an idea for health care. Its called You Don't Pay You Don't Play health care. Where if you don't put into the pot then you are SOL. Everyone puts in a percentage of what they make.

If you don't work and are under the age of 65 you aren't covered.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
"Canada's system may not be perfect but it's still better than what the US has."

I agree. Hell you can get better health care in Cuba if you have the jeuvos to go there. What worries me the most right now is the 17million who have lost thier jobs, and the 1 million that are homeless. Is everyone covered?

How exactly is it better?

Can you quote me some examples?

How do you know this?

I keep seeing these kinds of statements, with nothing to back it up.

Mikerussellus has lived under government-run health care in the UK as well as US health care, and he thinks US private health care is the bee's knees!!!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join