It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Kicked Time Into Overdrive?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If time is speeding up and passing through an hourglass like one Poster said, then will we be seeing a reversal of time? Living our lives backward? That would be crazy, now wouldn't it?

Personally I have felt it was speeding up, too... But I was attributing it to old age. And I pretty much lead a mundane life, no job, no prospects and sit on the computer 1/2 the time applying for work the other half on ATS and facebook. But I know some things I can time by. I go grocery shopping, always have a list. It always takes me like 30 minutes at most... I took three hours, granted I went to several different places but all within a few miles of each other and spent in some of them what should've been ten fifteen minutes. But 3 hours? That was WAAAAAAAAY too long for sure, I know I should've been home at like 11am not almost 1:30pm!

Other people have been noticing it, too, other threads:
Here's one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 8-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There is an interesting verse in the bible from Jesus about toward the end of things how time will be sped up.

from Matthew 24:21-22

21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

interesting stuff

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is an interesting theory on the topic.

If time has been slowing down, and clocks are now running more slowly than they did long ago, it would appear from our perspective as if things have been speeding up. Looking back over billions of years, galaxies would seem to be travelling away from each other faster and faster at various intervals since the Big Bang.

breakingnews.ie...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Time seems to be speeding up for me more than can be accounted for by getting older.

I moved to the country from the city about 18 months ago and expected the time to go considerably more slowly, but that's not been the case.

In the past, when I had visited friends in more rural areas I'd noticed how the time slowed down, but I've been really surprised now to find I can barely find the time to do anything.

One thing I read or heard is that time goes more quickly if you live at a high altitude. It happens that I live near the top of a very high hill so I don't know if that's making a difference.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by berenike]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thank you all for the responses. I am glad to see that this is something that others are experiencing! There are some interesting theories posted here that I would like to learn more about!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have to at least agree with half of what Trolloks said, in that I believe time can be represented in as easy an equation as

RT = B * E -- Relative Time or the way time feels to pass is equal to your level of Bliss multiplied by how much time you've lived or Experienced.

The more contentedly happy or blissful you are at any one point in time will determine your relative feeling of how fast it takes to get from that moment to the next, relative to a similar certain amount of time being constantly less in amount perceptively among the years, as Trolloks said.

The best illustration I have to try and relate this is simply a night (or two
) I spent with someone I was very attracted to (I would hope some had done the same before). I had never been more happy, content and more comfortable than I can explain here with anyone, and the whole night seemed to have gone by literally in minutes. I was shocked to see the sun come up, and even more shocked to realize I wasn't tired in the slightest.

In contrast, the time one spends in court when their last name starts with anything after the letter 'N' or so seems to take 5 seconds for 1 second to pass.

Time is definitely relative, or at least it feels that way.

EDIT: S & F for the thread, and stars abound (people know what they're talking about). I just love these time threads. There's something very, very attractive about time.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
A resounding yes! Time does indeed seem to me to be speeding, I have some experience with loss of time perception in altered states and the general vibe seems like a stepped down version of that. A few people I know who arent even into conspiracies/mature of reality have said the same thing to me unprompted so it seems to have some credance.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
A resounding yes! Time does indeed seem to me to be speeding, I have some experience with loss of time perception in altered states and the general vibe seems like a stepped down version of that. A few people I know who arent even into conspiracies/mature of reality have said the same thing to me unprompted so it seems to have some credance.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with the age thing

I am 30 now and it seems like time is going so quickly...back then a semester in school felt like forever...now suddenly I am graduating and trying to find ways to slow time down

woo! ah well...live to the fullest

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

As I said in my topic about time friction.

Time is on one side a measurable unit. The other side is the comprehension of time that has to do with time going slower or faster from ones point of view.

A human can process 18 so called 'impressions' during a measured second.
The more things happen between or in on of these impressions, the faster time seems to go.
The less happens, the slower time goes.

A good example: A bird flaps his wings 10 times during 1 impression. Now lets say the bird can process 10 times more impressions, the bird would now flap once during 1 impression, making time go slower from the birds point of view.
Because a lot less is happening during one impression.

That is why time seems to go fast when you are with some nice girl, a lot happens during one impression.

So maybe, and it could be interesting to make a study of this, one can process less impressions when one gets older, making time go faster for the persons point of view

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Solidus Green eye]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have noticed for myself that the past few months seemed to be flying by. But at the same time I have been so busy lately I have barely had any time to stop and look at a clock.

As has been suggested, I to have heard about the age idea. When you are ten one year is 10% of your life so it seems longer than when you are 50 and only 2% of your life.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

As has been suggested, I to have heard about the age idea. When you are ten one year is 10% of your life so it seems longer than when you are 50 and only 2% of your life.

Good point, and a logical one.
I constantly hear older people say, especially when it has something to do with current technology standards, '' Ooh don't go so fast ''. Which could point out that older people can't process as much date as younger people, thus making time to faster from their point of view.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
While I agree with a lot of what is said here, I have to say, I have found that even when I decide to slow down, relax and just be still that the time flies. The days at work fly by, the days of leisure fly by... the funny thing for me is that I can't seem to remember what I did everyday. . . . now maybe that is age!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

here's a nice test:

Sit down, in a relaxed environment.
And and look at white sheet of paper, with the word 'brick' on it for two hours.
And try to visualize the brick, feeeeeeeel the brick, etc. for two hours straight.

If thats doesn't slow you down you're on XTC

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Solidus Green eye]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Normally, I would agree with those who attribute such feelings to purely subjective perception, liable to change with time (although I must say things are not that simple: as a little child, I was acutely aware of the apparent speedy passage of time - then again, I always was a weird one...
)

But four years ago I had a somewhat unusual lingering feeling - it being lingering was the highly unusual part - that autumn was coming, when it was springtime - and then in autumn, it was the other way round.
Later I discovered a few other people who had had the same sensation, all the time.
(But, in truth, I am not familiar with their usual perception of time, so let's leave it at that.)

Anyway - and I am mentioning this only because I thought it might be of interest to you - those who are into the Webbot thingy claim that something is - or will be, shortly - causing a "massive" shift in the perception of time. They even created a term for it: hyperchroniac (being the person afflicted by this mode of perception).

I think you might be interested in reading some of the earlier time-related threads on this site, such as "A Glitch in the Matrix" (authored by Sherpa), or "Time slips, anyone?" (by yours truly
), "Something has changed, timeline?", "Out of space, out of time", etc.
I, along with a couple of friends, also husband a blog (non-commercial, low-tech, very chatty
) about apparent timespace anomalies.

Interesting times, eh? ;-)

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

It is an interesting thought; but I believe it means simply that the duration of the "tribulation" period will be shortened. (Other translations - I mean, into other languages - seem to support that.)

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

I can guarantee you that I wouldn't be able to focus for that long!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is so funny. My husband and I were just talking about this Today!!! He's been making the comment for the last couple of days about "where has the day gone"? I had to laugh becuase I have noticed this more and more for the last 6 months or so. I even made the comment of I can remember when I was a kid and it seemed like the days would just last forever. Now, I dont' know if its because we stay so busy or if time really has sped up with the approaching changes, but I do notice it and many other do too!
S&F good topic!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
While I agree to an extent regarding the "age" reasoning, I must also disagree that it is the soul reason.

I have had this discussion with many people of different ages and the same underlying tone exists in all of them. Time seems to be quickening not only by the year but the month as well.

Whether I am simply chilling in the backyard or buzzing around town, it is always later than I think. Just a few minutes ago my other half asked me if it is really Aug 10th tomorrow already, what happened to july?

Since the weather has been crappy/cold, summer has sucked in general and is not flying by in the traditional its-hot-good-times-never-last-hazy-days-of-summer kind of way. Its just disappearing by leaps and bounds.

Perhaps time will eventually just stop and disappear altogether.......

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This guy says we are living 16 hour days:

www.dicksutphen.com...

The following is a mini-talk Dick gave at the opening of his 3-Evening Shift Research Seminar in Denver this week:

I want to begin by saying that I don’t have any answers for you. I’m expecting you to find your own answers and to share them with me. Answers as to what is happening in regard to a shift that is taking place or will be soon taking place.

But right off the bat, in wanting to spin this exploration as positively as possible, I want to say that I believe we are being prepared for a major shift in consciousness. Maybe not everyone is being prepared, but metaphysically-oriented people seem to be sensitive to the idea that something is happening ... something is coming.

Actually it’s more than a shift in consciousness, it may even be a reworking of our DNA. Scientific theory supports the idea that Earth’s magnetic field and maybe even the Schumann Resonance can affect our DNA through electrical inductance (the name given when two magnetic fields interact with each other to create a shift in attributes)

Are you familiar with the Schumann Resonance?

If you feel like life is going faster and faster, that’s because it is. The earth behaves like an enormous electric circuit. The Schumann resonance is the “heartbeat” of the earth itself. For thousands of years, it has been stable at 7.8 cycles per second. Because it was thought be aconstant, global military communications developed on this frequency.

It has been 7.8 cycles per second for a very long time, but since 1980 this resonance has been changing and it is now over 12 cycles per second ... and no one knows why. It can only go to 13. AND THIS MEANS THE EQUIVALENT OF 16 HOURS PER DAY INSTEAD OF THE OLD 24 HOURS PER DAY. In other words, our watches still say 24, but in actuality, we may be living 16 hour days right now.

It certainly feels like it to me.

There are so many theories about what is happening, but one says that everything will continue to pulse quicker and quicker ... to accelerate faster and faster until December 21, 2012. At that time we will have stabilized that pulse and will remain switched into the higher frequency all the time. You’ll be “ON” all the time.

2012 is “Zero Point.”

Maybe, if we survive, we will have transcended levels of consciousness. Some feel we will have transcended from a third-dimensional reality to a forth-dimensional reality. Or even a 5th dimension.

I like what a channeled messenger named Kirael had to say on this. “All the things you do contrary to love keep you from moving from the 3rd to the 4th dimension.”

When asked about how to prepare for the shift, Kirael said: “Stay in your heart and raise your spirituality. The key to getting through the shift is raising your spiritual essence. So how do you do that? Meditate, meditate, meditate.”

And this really makes sense because meditation accesses emerges that we don’t perceive in a linear conscious state. In deep meditation your cellular energy can surface and be delineated into thought patterns.

OKAY ... Let’s say the “Shift” is real and we’ve all signed on to participate. Metaphysical people seem to be among the souls who are being activated for this experience. In 2004, in the outback of Australia, an aborigine Shaman told me his people had known for a very long time that near 2012 a transition will be complete. As most of you already know, there are dozens and dozens of predictions, from the Mayan calendar to Edgar Cayce, regarding a shift.

The big question for most of us accepting this idea, is what will we encounter between now and then? The general consensus is that there will be a transitional event or a cleansing

I’ll share some of the ideas,

ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE:

• Global Warming resulting in ecological disaster.

• Severe food shortages.

• War / Terrorism.

• An Epidemic.

• Economic collapse.

• A Pole Shift

ONE THE POSITIVE SIDE:

• An ascension

• A fading out of our old world and the emergence of a new one populated by spiritually-centered souls.

Now I am not accepting any of these things are destined to be. But they are interesting concepts to explore. Something is happening. But what? We’ll talk about and explore “what” tomorrow night and Thursday night. I want to explore what your soul is calling you to do in response to this shift. And on Thursday we’ll project into the future to find out.

But now I want to do a conditioning session to prepare you to begin working in an altered state of consciousness. So make yourself comfortable ...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by SednaSon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join