It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Kicked Time Into Overdrive?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Flame me, I am ready!

Does it not seem that the hours, days, weeks and years are flying by at a faster than normal rate? Ok, lets just take days for instance. I went into work Monday as usual and next thing I know its Friday. I don't think I am crazy, because yesterday a member came in to the CU and was filling out a deposit slip...he stood there for a moment before he asked me this "is today the 2nd". I said no sir, its the 7th. He honestly looked stunned. I have to tell you, it made me feel better! I thought, yeah, maybe I am not nuts after all. I have felt like this before, but I don't know, it truly seems like time has sped up and I don't mean on the clock... I really don't know how to describe it... summer has flown by and I don't remember half of it!

Do any of you get this same sense? Can anyone explain it? (other than telling me I am getting old)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Go work over nights at Wal Mart.

You will have the complete opposite view.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

The reason that time seems to have sped up is because of the information overload that this modern society has placed on people.

I find that when I go someplace without a cellphone and outside stimulus that time seems to adjust back to a stability. Fly fishing on a river for example; time takes on a more leisurely pace along with my personal countenance.

Time for a vacation G.

But getting older does speed up time as we refelect on our mortality.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
time perception does change with age. For example.....

A year seems longer when your 10 then when you are 50. This is becasue when you are 10, a year is 10% of your life so far, because it takes up so much, it seems like a lot, thus seeming longer.

When you are 50, a year is only 2% of you life, being a smaller amont of time in you life, it is percived as being quiker.

So yea, it is because you are gettin older.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I feel the same way OP. Feels as thought time is speeding by, like I aged 20 years in 6 months. Weird, I thought I was the only one.

At least I know the feeling is mutual.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That makes sense... I did take a week off last month and that really flew by!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

well you are certainly not alone in that observation

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I am sure that my son would agree. He has been working nights at wallie world while home from college over summer break. His last night is Friday and he is very glad!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

The reason that time seems to have sped up is because of the information overload that this modern society has placed on people.

I find that when I go someplace without a cellphone and outside stimulus that time seems to adjust back to a stability. Fly fishing on a river for example; time takes on a more leisurely pace along with my personal countenance.

Time for a vacation G.

But getting older does speed up time as we refelect on our mortality.

Well said... I remember a friend of mine said that "Once you leave high school... Time will Fly By." It seems like maybe 3-4 years ago I left hight school and yet the reality is that my ten year reunion is coming up. A decade gone in a blink of an eye.. It is true, what they say and that is every year goes by faster than the previous year.
But your right about going somewhere where there's no cell phones, TV'S...basically no electricity and you'll see time come too a Screaching halt..lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It truly is a matter of perspective and nothing more.

If doing a prison sentence of five years, I'm certain time would 'move' very, very slowly. On the other hand, if on a nice vacation, it would seem to 'speed' by in a flash. Just a matter of perspective.

Try this to 're-set' it: go lock yourself in any room in your house. Now unplug the TV, radio, cell phones and internet or any other time-killing devices.Oh yes, and stay awake. Try about 12 hours like that...you will see time seems almost to have stopped, lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Feel the same way here OP. But the thing is, my parents live a few miles away from me have commented on the same thing, that time seems to of sped up, they don't have a computer (eep) nor do they watch alot tv, so I don't think the info overload would apply in that case. I don't know, it's just curious.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Time feels like it is moving faster because the dark singularity is falling away from the light singularity. As the War on Terror proceeds and the enemy forces of Hell are demolished in this plane, everything vibrates at a faster rate and your perception of time changes. Eventually, time will fly by so quickly as to be irrelevent and 10 years will pass in what seems like a year; the rate of actual time passing relative to perceived time in Eden. But the cool thing is that you actually experience all of the time.

You are becoming more energy than matter, but after living in your fallen condition for so long it seems as though time is moving faster.

When in the Pit it is reversed and a year feels like 10 years; what will be an eternity then is only made worse.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It is I think,
because we are approaching the narrow end of a spiral rapidly.
Or turn the spiral into an hourglass analogy and we are about to slip thru the middle ( and hence running faster) into a reverse or opposite phase of this cyclic phenomena .
Think rise and fall of civilizations, rise and fall of cosmic energy w.r.t. a "sailing" solar system, in a "floating" galaxy,in an expanding universe.
Sine waves, equal and opposite reaction,etc etc

"The Ouroboros is a dramatic symbol for the integration and assimilation of the opposite, i.e. of the shadow."
wikipedia

Don't be alarmed, it's a natural process.

Aligning with Nature....the timekeeper of our planet, one can see nothing's really changed , but the way in which we live in this world,
the nature of our reality.
It's the wiring in our brains as well you see, it's getting fried between cosmic energy shifts, and manmade microwave telecommunications technology. Our" body clock" is short circuiting from all the interference

Poor ol' us being the species whose brains are too big for our boots and can't keep up .
Makes us awful dumb.
I bet the Dolphins are laughing at us

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I DO work overnights at walmart, they are turning it into a "super" walmart and I do renovations. building / moving / taking down....all that #. ive been on the job for about 2 months now and the time is flying by.

each day melts into the next and before you know it the week is gone.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
time perception does change with age. For example.....

A year seems longer when your 10 then when you are 50. This is becasue when you are 10, a year is 10% of your life so far, because it takes up so much, it seems like a lot, thus seeming longer.

When you are 50, a year is only 2% of you life, being a smaller amont of time in you life, it is percived as being quiker.

So yea, it is because you are gettin older.

Ahhh, now I used to think this was the answer too, but when your ten year old child out of the blue says to you "doesn't it seem like time is flying mum?!".....mine last year, and you are remembering being 10 and adding how many years you had to go before you would finally be free of school and despairing because it seemed an eternity,
When you stop and compare and remember,yes life travels faster now,
for reasons I already said.

Apologies to Whaa from me,I wasn't paraphrasing you
you said (in a beautifully concise way), exactly what I was writing at the same time long-windedly.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Does it not seem that the hours, days, weeks and years are flying by at a faster than normal rate?

So, it's not just me? I thought I was just getting old. Wonder what is up? My weeks go by at warp speed.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

There's a saying, "Time flies when you are having fun."

Either you are having a great time, or you are so incredibly bored that you mind is blanking out the un memorable stuff making it seem like time has sped up.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Autowrench:
I too have noticed this effect, for the past two years time has been slowly speeding up, it seems. I am prone to think the Earth itself is speeding up in it's rotations, days are much shorter than they used to be, and what puzzles me is how TPTB can keep up with this effect, and alter the calendars accordingly. Personally, I think this effect is being caused by a large planetary body coming into our system from the south, on an elliptic that is 90% off the elliptic plane the Earth and other planets in our system ride on. Shall I say Nibiru?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think there is a percentage of the population that is experiencing this right now and the people that haven't yet. It seems lately that everyday I don't know what the date or date is (I'm only 29) and If I'm writing a check or writing a bill out for one of my customers I constantly have to check to see what day & date it is. This has only started earlier this year for me and my lifestyle hasn't changed. I've noticed a lot of people asking the same lately. It is not the (when you're 10 , a year is 10% of your life thing for me personally) I've been telling friends I feel like my life is on fast forward and some instantly understand it and we talk about it and others look at me like I have 3 heads. It seems the same is going on here @ ATS. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
S&F

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Time is speeding up at an atomic level. Our watches will not show this but our minds know it.

We are going around a funnel, picking up speed as we approach the birth canal of the new world dawning.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by CaptainAmerica2012]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join