It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Kicked Time Into Overdrive?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SednaSon

Thank you for the link, this is very interesting and I can not wait to read on it further!!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
If time is speeding up and passing through an hourglass like one Poster said, then will we be seeing a reversal of time? Living our lives backward? That would be crazy, now wouldn't it?

lol
When you live upside down Down Under every day , living life backwards doesn't seem crazy in the slightest.

On a philosophical note; who's to say we don't cycle thru retrograde on a smaller personal physical level?
I mean , if you think about it, we go from dependency to independence to dependency as we age and mature; from nappies to nappies to put it more plainly

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I hear what you are saying!

When I was younger (an apprentice) the guy that was training me(he was 60), used to say that life is a little like a roller-coaster, the first 30 years you spend slowly winching yourself up that rise..........and when you reach the top....you pause for a split second...........and then it's all down hill at a hell of a rate!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Whats funny about all of this is that I'm a musician, I've been playing various instruments since I was 5, and I've noticed recently (as in the past 18 months or so) that when counting things or trying to gauge a tempo, I'm off. Usually, most musicians speed things up a bit without a metronome, I've noticed I've slipped from my usual 180bpm to around 165-150bpm. Before you go and say "WOW! that must mean you think things are slowing down" think again. I can only fit 165 beats of what I normally play into a minute, I'm used to playing 180. I do believe time is speeding up.

Logically I suppose you could argue I've just gotten used to playing slower, i.e. I haven't been playing as much or I've adjusted my style for something a little slower. This isn't the case. Every musician can write and play pieces in a variety of signatures and tempos, I'm not an exception to this rule, but the style of play/writing I've become accustom to sits around 180-200bpm not 165-150bpm. Its seriously been bothering me. At first I shrugged it off, but when it slowly transitioned from being every few days to being a constant...

Of course I could just be imagining all of this. It could just be me, but I'm glad not the only one whose been feeling something strange.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There's actually a very logical reason why time seems to move more quickly as we get older. When you are young -- say 10 years old -- one year is a very long time; in fact one year is 10% (or one-tenth) of your life to that point. That's a very big potion of your life.

As we get older and we live more years, one year is a shorter portion of your life. To someone who is 50 years old, one year is only 2% (or one-fiftieth) of your life.

One year is a very short part of a 50-year-old's life, but that exact same year is a very large part of a 10-year-old's life.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join