It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill would force Obama to reveal birth documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

State Senator: 'Why wouldn't they be available to the public?'

He's a democratic State Senator Will Espero

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e8395959b6b.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a link to the story...

It's always great when everyone can get involved in political issues. Even when others claim they are dead, dead, dead.

Should be a non-issue but we'll see...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I can't wait till this stuff is all done and over.

A lot of people are wanting to know, just because it's been hidden. And politicians hiding things are never good. Never, never. We all know that.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Didn't trust the source (WND), so I googled around for confirmation.

The StarBulletin confirms the story: Honolulu Star Bulletin.

I'm all for it. The only thing that's been preventing Obama from releasing his long form is the fact that Hawaiin statutes and procedures don't allow people to request their long form - they get the COLB regardless. If this is what it takes to put the issue to bed then so be it.

However, legislation won't be introduced until next year so I'm sure we'll have other issues abound in the mean time.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Avenginggecko]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Sadly even if Obama shows the long form birth certificate to the public, the hard core birthers still won't buy it. They will claim, Fake, Forgery, etc and blather on and on.

This is why the White house won't do more to squash this issue. Cause they know it won't go away no matter what the President does to end it.

Birthers aren't in it for the truth, if they were, this issue would have been settled a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'm wondering what chance this actually has to pass. Is there a privacy issue involved here with making birth certificates public record? They aren't public record in the other 49 states as far as I know, so I wonder how this will go about.

You know if it does pass they'll basically have to put Obama's BC in a glass case in the lobby of the registrar because you know there's going to be 10,000 "concerned Constitutionalists" flying to Hawaii to try and prove it's fake.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Sadly even if Obama shows the long form birth certificate to the public, the hard core birthers still won't buy it. They will claim, Fake, Forgery, etc and blather on and on.

This is why the White house won't do more to squash this issue.

It really bugs me when people make predictions about future behavior of any "group" of individuals. Your statements are silly and unfounded propaganda to further your personal agenda.

I suggest creating a thread with your predictions. It appears that you and a couple other members continually Predict what will or wont happen as if that is the proof. You can't predict what people will do when the final Long Form Birth Certificate is authenticated, unless you are psychic.

If you are psychic you might consider informing everyone about your predictions so we can either applaud you or defraud you when the time comes.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I'm not saying that all birthers won't go away, I am saying that many won't buy it no matter what is presented. It's human nature, especially for hard core fanatics.

A person for instance could prove conclusively that god does not exist. But there would still be religion. The reason is that belief is beyond the realm of reality and is not subjugated by the laws of reason.

The same would prove true with the likes of Taitz and her ilk, nothing that anyone can show them will be good enough, because their belief is so strong that reality has no meaning.

Like the mythbuster said, "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Rational people that are interested in the truth of the matter would be relieved to know the truth, even if that truth showed something that they didn't want to see. Some however still will reject the idea and continue their own biased belief system favoring the fantasy instead of the reality.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
Is there a privacy issue involved here with making birth certificates public record? They aren't public record in the other 49 states as far as I know, so I wonder how this will go about.

This is what I thought, too. I can understand a bill for all future presidents to show qualifications before running, and I would support that. And I could understand, but would strongly disagree with, a bill making birth records available in all 50 states, but I don't think a bill to make all birth records in one state a matter of public record will go anywhere. Nor should it.

One's birth certificate is a private record and can be used to steal identities. That's why they have COLBs.
So one can prove their identity, the location of their birth and their citizenship.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Thank you whatukno for clearing that up. I appreciate your integrity. Your explanation is reasonable. I am not, nor do I appreciate being lumped together with, the label of "birther".

I am interested in the truth, always and forever. Whatever it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm also interested in the truth, whatever it may be. If Obama is legit there is absolutely no excuse for his hiding the long form, especially for this long. If he can produce it then the big question is "what took you so long to show it?"

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

The truth is, it won't matter. The birther's have no point. They seem to believe that there is justice, but there isn't. Even they proved without a shadow of a doubt that Obama was not a naturally born american citizen, it would not matter. The powers that be do not investigate and prosecute themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

I'm wondering what chance this actually has to pass. Is there a privacy issue involved here with making birth certificates public record? They aren't public record in the other 49 states as far as I know, so I wonder how this will go about.

You know if it does pass they'll basically have to put Obama's BC in a glass case in the lobby of the registrar because you know there's going to be 10,000 "concerned Constitutionalists" flying to Hawaii to try and prove it's fake.

It'll increase the tourism dollars (or Amero's as the case maybe by then) for Hawaii. Maybe even Hugo Chavez will drop by for a token photo-op. Fidel (and Saul? his bro) would love to visit Hawaii too I'm sure. =)

I've looked for the text of the bill but haven't found it. States are usually much slower and more disorganized at releasing information in a timely manner. =\

In any event, The issue will never die. I just want to be able to tell my grandkids that I was there; a part of the debate... Before the media giants were humiliated and fell in the Great Information Wa... Oh wait. I'm not a prophet.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
I've looked for the text of the bill but haven't found it.

There is no bill yet. It's just in the planning stages. It may not even materialize.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Welcome back to ATS, BH! Have you come to witness the fallout on these boards of the destruction caused by the politicians you shilled so hard for during the campaign? Sorry you can't blame the mess BO has made on Bush this time, but id I know you, you have some nicely-worded argument as to why BO is the best thing since cut cheese.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Can they enact a law that is retroactive? I thought that was illegal. guess not.

Just my 2-cents

EDIT: In the United States, the federal government is prohibited from passing ex post facto (retroactive) laws by Article I, section 9 of the U.S. Constitution and the states are prohibited from the same by clause 1 of section 10.

caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think it would apply to Obama, even if there was a bill and even if it passed. But after this fiasco, I think there should be some sort of check of eligibility for future presidents. And any lawmakers, for that matter.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think it would apply to Obama, even if there was a bill and even if it passed. But after this fiasco, I think there should be some sort of check of eligibility for future presidents. And any lawmakers, for that matter.

I agree with that! BC should be a prerequisite from the bottom up in all future elections in which citizenship is an issue.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Here's that bill... H.R.1503 Presidential Eligibility Act

The Presidential Eligibility Act would require all future candidates to supply proof (in the form of a valid birth certificate) when establishing a presidential campaign. The campaign would be required to disclose the birth certificate, along with other identifying documents, to the Federal Election Commission.

Introduced by Posey and 10 co-sponsors. This should be a no brainer for congress... ONLY 10??!?

Heads will roll.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I thought this thread was going to be about Bill Clinton

Well with some low level politician no one's ever heard of who's doing it for the lulz or to get his name out this means absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm not psychic, but i'm predicting an emergency in Hawaii that will ultimately stop the release. BTW state sovereignty overrides an exective order.

new topics

top topics

join