It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension is in plain sight? Perhaps we already....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Michio Kaku supports anthropogenic global warming, so I don't believe anything that he has to say.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelhernsin
I would like to point out the movie MEN IN BLACK.
the first one...where they "find the galaxy" they deliver it to the alien species... and the camera pans out from the car in ny...to the us...to earth....to the solar system keeps panning out...and it is nothing more than an alien playing marbles.
It would be amazing what is after quantum physics. Life within life. One again (inside and out)
sort of like when alice fell in the rabbit hole, and discovered life within life.
Bacteria within us, cells within our bodies, creating life from life. etc.

That concept has been going on a long time, I remember an episode of Mork and Mindy that did it. Mork caught a cold and because he was alien, the earth cold made him shrink slowly till he was eventually so small that he found a new world where everyone in the macroworld was there but they were characters in a carnival.

Not too bad for a stupid comedy from the 1500's.. lol

Another example is the Mandelbrot set. Infinite copies of itself forever inward and outward.

Figuring out how to perceive it depends on where we think we are in it. Or are we everywhere at once, only perceiving ourselves at one point continuously within it giving us the illusion of time?

Watch the movie Waking Life. It's rotoscoped madness, and goes into stuff like this which will flip your lid if you try and understand it... or it did me.

S&F also, great thread!!

(edited coherency)

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnoughIsEnough
"Yes, I believe there is an inside and an outside. We only need to break the chains of time and look beyond our reality. "

Stop talking in these stupid riddles you think make you sound clever.

There 'is no other existence beyond our reality"....Only building on what we have now.

God! When will any of your open your mind properly and realise the truths instead of getting this all twisted.

*DEEP BREATHS*

You'll have a stroke if you get mad like that too often.

Now, tell us, what are the truths?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Please yes tell me the truths of life before I go totally mad searching for them.

When I think of the possibilities of finally knowing what is true I run to my closet and hide.

So many of the explanations of life are merely speculation and theories.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
A fun way of imagining the fourth dimension (or what one of the possibilities for the fourth dimension could be) is to remove the slices of time that we experience. If you were living in 2 dimensions you would see slices of 3 dimesnsional objects, so a sphere may appear as increasing and decreasing circles as it passed through your world. Extrapolating that idea we can imagine seeing the fourth dimension by seeing 3D objects existing in all points of time and space that they have inhabited ie. a kicked footbal would appear as a long sausage, starting from the place it was kicked and stretching to the place it comes to rest.

It gets tricky when you try to imagine all the objects in the universe as stretched out and inhabiting all the places and times that they have ever been.......or if you want to take it a step further......all the places they will ever be !

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tartarspoon
I love this subject. It's a shame that it's so far over my head

The late great Carl Sagan introduced me to this concept on his show "Cosmos"
Ever since seeing that show on Tesseracts, I can't get it out of my head.

Other dimension beings, ghosts and ufo's could be a femtometer away from us and we wouldn't know the wiser. Great stuff

I just realised - Carl Sagan sounds strikingly like Agent Smith from the Matrix. I wonder if the actor who portrayed Agent Smith had that in mind.

Coincidental that you post this in a thread about multiverses, illusions of time and reality...

Cosmos is and will always be one of the best shows I will remember. As a child it enthralled me. It was what really got me starting to think. Dr Sagan was truly gifted at making the imagination come to life.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Carl Sagan sounds strikingly like Agent Smith from the Matrix. I wonder if the actor who portrayed Agent Smith had that in mind.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

I understand what you're attempting to communicate, however, it would help if you would proof-read and/or attempt to use terminology that makes it clear you have an understanding of what you wish to convey. When you type "astral physists", I know you mean astrophysicist. Astral is a spacial realm, 4th density, and those who explore that would be better referred to as metaphysicists.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I encourage you to read "Flatland, Romance of Many Dimensions" by Edwin Abbott. His little story is far more accurate than Dr. Kaku's analogy. Fish exist and perceive in three dimensions, not two.

In Flatland, there are two-dimensional beings living on a plane. They have width and depth, but no height. In other words, they have left-right, forward-backwards, but no up-down. Not only can't they see up-down, their physical bodies have no existence in that direction.

If someone were to move into their two-dimensional "space", these flat creatures could only see a changing arrangement of geometric shapes as, sy, our fingers touched and then penetrated into their flat space. They'd see five ovals form, that would then merge into a sort of large flattened oval that would be our hand; that would turn into a rounder thing that would be our forearm, and so on. They could see us, but only one slice at a time.

One of Einstein's mathematical tricks was to imagine that space and time were all part of the same thing, which he called the space-time continuum. Einstein imagined this continuum to be a single "object" of four dimensions - the three usual dimensions, plus time as the fourth.

Mathematically, there are an infinite number of dimensions. There is no evidence that physical space has so many dimensions. Depending on who you talk to, you'll be told there are only four, or perhaps six or ten or a few more. For values over 4 dimensions, the evidence is very weak so far. They are theoretical notions that have not yet had any confirmation by observations or ecperiments. We don't yet know what the real value is.

Unfortunately, inside and outside aren't going to work as dimensions. What is needed is to try to find a dimension that is at right angles to all the dimensions we currently know about. You've got left-right. That's a line, a one-dimensional object. OK, now find a right angle to that. Front-back would do, or up-down. Sasy you choose front-back. Now you've got a plane. Two dimensions. The only right angle left that we can find or visualize is up-down. That forms a solid or a space, three dimensions. We can't find a right angle to that. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means we are limited in our perceptions to three dimensions.

If time really counts as a fourth dimension, then our perception of it is entirely different from how we see the other three dimensions. We can see only in one direction, the past. The future is unknown to us, but is continually revealed. It's almost like riding in a car where you can only see out the rear window. You can see where you've been, but not where you're heading. If time is really another dimension, why do we perceive it in such a radically different way from the other dimensions?

Of course, with quantum theory, the whole notion of existence gets thrown out the window. Oh, and location, motion, space... all kind of nebulous. Not only are matter and energy quantized, but now they're thinking space and time may also be quantized. That's a whole other can of worms.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

From the perspective of light, there is no time and no causation.

The problem with Einstein's theory, is the it makes motion absolute, relative motion, when the reality is, that for the most fundamental level of reality, everything is one instantaneously interconnected whole thing, within which motion is just an illusion, or a reconfiguration of the one thing. Relative motion as still mechanistic and Newtonian.
Someone, two scientists who are a couple, somehow produced the Newtonian equations for inertia, using QM! - I'll have to find that. If true, then it would be an absolutely astounding discovery.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
nice thought provoking thread OP. if i knew just 1/16 of what these know it all types preach as "truth" i would be a god.

oh wait, i am........nevermind

cheers,
AA

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argokoo
Well, my take on the 4th dimension is that when the natural disasters happen all at once (Dec. 21st, 2012), some will die. The majority will go with the false prophets (extraterrestrial races from Mars, Venus, etc.). The others that refuse to go into the ET ships will be attracted to the dimension portal, or doorway. Those who go in will experience renewal, unlike anything I can possibly describe. They will then come back out, and see the 4th dimension around them. Beyond that, I do not know what the 4th dimension will look like. I have a feeling though, it's going to be great.

mind if i ask you how you came about this information? not the exact name etc. but the general idea lol

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by michaelhernsin

It seems to me that if upperdimensional realities DO exist then in fact time does not.
It is a construct we have built for ourselves to experience this one aspect of reality.

Everything is already decided.

A fifth dimensional being, for instance, will view the entirety of this planet as if it were a snapshot. A photo, but that photo will contain all the information ever accumulated here.

Like a memory.

Like ourselves.

Looking back. edit - or rather, just knowing.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by JayinAR]

thats what i thought too. Imagine the world and history of earth, like a dvd. Watch and pick and choose what you want to see and experience.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
When talking about 4 space/dimension are we refering to Eucledian space, (x, y, z, w), Realativistic space/(time), or philosophically?

Eucledian space is actual physical space. Axes x, y, z, w, v, etc. Hyperdimensional area and volume (and possibly more). Realativity considers time as a kind of 4th linear axis, (if memory serves me). And philosophically, well it's open to anything.

We can calculate what a hyperspacial area or volume would be, given the 3 dimensions of a specific space, say a sphere or cube (teseract). Literally and linearly speaking this would be how we would navigate hyperspacial travel between 2 points. We ain't got nothin that can actually do that yet, or at least to common knowledge.

Philosophically speaking, we know the uni/multiverse is fractal in nature, and we can see that through vibration. It stands to reason that will be how we unlock the secrets to it. It also stands to reason that our brains are tranceivers of sorts, and may lend a clue how to at least perceive hyperspace. Remember, we inhabit/displace all dimensions at once, whether we perceive it or not. We're the round landers.

nice bit of science, laws, and structure for all of us. haha
very nice. didnt know most if not ALl of this

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
OP this is the video you are talking about? Starts at 9 Minutes.

actually it.....wasn't...
that is a super small version of it, but a #ty one

vids.myspace.com...

this was the vid. i was talking about
does the url work?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Flux8

I myself am speaking more philisophically than anything.
Or scientifically, however you want to look at it. Afterall, the scientific method is a philisophical construct.

The great thing about Science, whichever model of physical reality you want to use, is that it requires itself to bend to new evidence.

Since my 'evidence' is personal and not testable I have to form a hypothesis to explain my circumstance. If I happen to use concepts from what is known so be it, but I find myself using about equal parts spirituality and half-understood Scientific constructs.

Great post, though. I gave it a star.

isn't it funny how our SCIENCE is based off of OLD IDEAS, and philosophical point's of views.
imagine if you will, someone reads ONE OF YOUR BLOGS, and it is an actual law 100 years from now

btw thanks for the star, my first one! haha

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tartarspoon
I love this subject. It's a shame that it's so far over my head

The late great Carl Sagan introduced me to this concept on his show "Cosmos"
Ever since seeing that show on Tesseracts, I can't get it out of my head.

Other dimension beings, ghosts and ufo's could be a femtometer away from us and we wouldn't know the wiser. Great stuff

thats always creeped me out, thinking and imagine if you will, that there are dozens of ghosts and spirts all around and near u. And you would be non the wise.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
reply to post by JayinAR

I will say lately, when meditating that when I get that vibration going, it feels literally fully encompasing without any sort of end rather than being inside my body. It scared me a bit the first time because I thought there was an earthquake but those are exceedingly rare to be able to feel here. The whole universe and beyond starts rocking. It's wierd to feel unbounded like that, especially to have it stick around a long time afterwords.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!
at first i just thought ok this is weird...and then it gets rather "intense" that for a second i thought either, SOMEONE was playing music REALLY loud and it was vibrating my chair (loud house), or an earthquake like you said, or something else.
It seems like for some reason a violent quick jerking movement, that somewhat can startle you for the first times you do it.
When i had my first lucid dream, i was holding on sleep paralysis kicked in, i couldn't move and i got a REALLY HARD shaking sensation like someone was either jumping on my bed or shaking it with there hands.
AN EXTREMELY intense scary but enlightening moment in my life lol
no worries you are NOT alone.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
OK THIS IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC AT HAND. BUT I HAVE A QUESTION FROM EXPERIENCE.

since most are talking about meditating, and spiritual development.
A few times when i have meditated, i have hummed the mantra Om Mani Padme hum. In a very low, frequency. Not for very long but i do it for a good amount of time.
when i DO DO IT, most of the times (and some without) i will get into a very deep meditative state.
I can only describe it as below;

I see darkness, and all the sudden a DARKER than black circle appears in my eyes. I am not imagining it to do anything, im not pretending to create something with my own imagination, it simply has a "mind of its own".
now the little black circle grows somewhat like a nucleus splits. And all the sudden around the little black circle color starts to appear. I can never describe how pure, the colors are. So vivid so sharp, so bright and just BEAUTIFUL. the color isn't just a Vision, i can only describe to you that i FEEL IT...i FEEL THE COLORS, a sort of happiness drips down upon me like the mornings dew.
From that, all the sudden it shifts to usually dark purples, to bright purples, to light blue, to dark blue. This is still small circles.
Recently (3 days ago) the same thing happened, and it was my full vision. My entire vision what would seem to be like LIVING in a lava lamp, with a rave going on, on extacy, on a planet in space.
lol literally amazing and breathtaking. I couldn't hold on to it, i got somewhat freaked out and amazed, that i broke out of the meditation and haven't done it since.

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS? ANYONE?...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarksDeception
For me, to experience the limitless dimensions, is to know whom and what you are, to get past the limited perception of reality, through the conditioning of life.

We are all spiritual beings, and we was born that way. There is no limit in spirit, if we choose to get past life's conditioning. Pride, ego, and all negativity, keeps us from the reality that is within us all. Its like a brick wall, we cant see, we are blind.

I imagine that there are short cuts to this reality, in relation to the unconditional love we feel for others, regardless of belief. To deny the ego and pride, knowing that we are more than this life, of wanting, needing, judging and self perceptions of what love is.

People talk on ATS about OBE's, and how they try so hard to have the experience of this greater reality of life. I don't have to try at all, its something that I just do, because that is whom I am.

As I have stated above, there are shortcuts to these dimensions of our own true reality, but you will battle to experience them, by trying to hard. Thats the problem.

Its the absolute belief, absolutely knowing that you are more than what you have been conditioned to believe you are. How do you get rid of this self, ego, pride, that blinds us, so we can unconditionally love all, as being connected through this thread of Love? Because this is what knocks down that brick wall, and opens our eyes to the truth of whom, and what you really are.

I also believe and feel that the conditions of this earth is changing, to allow this greater spiritual awareness to become prevalent has already started, which in turn will open the contentiousness to this greater reality of whom and what we are. With that, I also feel if you are not ready for this change, it will affect you in a negative way.

Just remember, its not about "you", the "you" that you believe yourself to be, full of its fear, anger, unforgiveness, unloving, pride, ego well everything of the self you have been conditioned to believe yourself to be.

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live

1Co 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Luk 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

To me you cannot truly experience this other realm of reality (the kingdom of God), unless you choose that realm alone. Its a Life!

Mar 3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Well, my blinkers came off, and now i can see!

Just sayin!

great contribution. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. very religious without the religious strong point of view.
I know what you mean, a good quote that sticks out in my mind is
"there is no way to happiness, happiness itself is the way"
you cant try and expect to be happy or WORK TOWARDS BEING HAPPY...
being happy...happy ITSELF...is the way to HAPPINESS>

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join