It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension is in plain sight? Perhaps we already....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

I myself am speaking more philisophically than anything.
Or scientifically, however you want to look at it. Afterall, the scientific method is a philisophical construct.

The great thing about Science, whichever model of physical reality you want to use, is that it requires itself to bend to new evidence.

Since my 'evidence' is personal and not testable I have to form a hypothesis to explain my circumstance. If I happen to use concepts from what is known so be it, but I find myself using about equal parts spirituality and half-understood Scientific constructs.

Great post, though. I gave it a star.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Oh, I wasn't meaning to criticise the OP. In fact, I was mentioning that as an offhanded acknowledgement that the person giving the "physics lessons" was technically correct.

Apologies for misunderstanding.

Also, I'm not so sure that there ARE any more than three spatial dimensions, as all points in the universe can be easily defined by those.

That is true so long as the universe isn't more spatially than what is apparent to our senses. Even m-theory includes 11 spacetime dimensions. The idea isn't that radical. Interestingly, I found out just now that these "strings" can be as points or surfaces, so with or without extent and the vibrating strings of old are not fundamental.

I'm not sure how it works, unless it is precisely as the OP has stated. All other dimensions being internal and external magnifications of your own 'true reality'.... each growing or shrinking respectively.

Otherwise from our perspective once you leave 4d reality, you simply ARE.

Without dimension in the sense that we know it now.

I think both are probably true....

As you know, there is stuff that lives there, including yourself, though it is just awareness of that extent. You don't "go" there and you don't leave here but it is observable in myriad ways through awareness beyond sensory. Doing a quicky meditation while typing, I find a "layered" structure for the individual and find a more outside than outside from here existence present as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

So what it boils down to, at least for us, is awareness.

Locality means nothing really. We simply are. Everywhere.

And yeah, the layered effect is pretty much what it must be. Which actually fits both ideas. Once you realize that you are layered (most likely indefinately) you have fit the idea of simply BEING... without physical spatial dimension. You permeate everything. (vibrational harmonics, butterfly effect... your impact is felt throughout everything and therefore it is a matter of simply interacting with everything) And also that, as the OP theorized, extra dimensions are simply found within. Or without.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

I was thinking about this. Maybe wind is just all of the numerous gases (nitrogen, oxygen, argon, etc ). These gases are made of atoms that have actual mass. Maybe the rotation of the earth is kind of like a milkshake with this gas trapted inside by the atmosphere. We are just feeling the air's mixture of gases actual atoms hitting us. Therre is tons of energy in the gases, maybe thats what we are feeling?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I will say lately, when meditating that when I get that vibration going, it feels literally fully encompasing without any sort of end rather than being inside my body. It scared me a bit the first time because I thought there was an earthquake but those are exceedingly rare to be able to feel here. The whole universe and beyond starts rocking. It's wierd to feel unbounded like that, especially to have it stick around a long time afterwords.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

An amazing feeling, for sure.
It is like you are exciting the very molecules in your body to a point where you are almost making yourself lighter.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The craziest thing about it is that this stuff is pretty easy to accomplish.
It is almost as if all you need to do is will it to happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Edit double post. Danged computer.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
For me, to experience the limitless dimensions, is to know whom and what you are, to get past the limited perception of reality, through the conditioning of life.

We are all spiritual beings, and we was born that way. There is no limit in spirit, if we choose to get past life's conditioning. Pride, ego, and all negativity, keeps us from the reality that is within us all. Its like a brick wall, we cant see, we are blind.

I imagine that there are short cuts to this reality, in relation to the unconditional love we feel for others, regardless of belief. To deny the ego and pride, knowing that we are more than this life, of wanting, needing, judging and self perceptions of what love is.

People talk on ATS about OBE's, and how they try so hard to have the experience of this greater reality of life. I don't have to try at all, its something that I just do, because that is whom I am.

As I have stated above, there are shortcuts to these dimensions of our own true reality, but you will battle to experience them, by trying to hard. Thats the problem.

Its the absolute belief, absolutely knowing that you are more than what you have been conditioned to believe you are. How do you get rid of this self, ego, pride, that blinds us, so we can unconditionally love all, as being connected through this thread of Love? Because this is what knocks down that brick wall, and opens our eyes to the truth of whom, and what you really are.

I also believe and feel that the conditions of this earth is changing, to allow this greater spiritual awareness to become prevalent has already started, which in turn will open the contentiousness to this greater reality of whom and what we are. With that, I also feel if you are not ready for this change, it will affect you in a negative way.

Just remember, its not about "you", the "you" that you believe yourself to be, full of its fear, anger, unforgiveness, unloving, pride, ego well everything of the self you have been conditioned to believe yourself to be.

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live

1Co 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Luk 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

To me you cannot truly experience this other realm of reality (the kingdom of God), unless you choose that realm alone. Its a Life!

Mar 3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Well, my blinkers came off, and now i can see!

Just sayin!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

Interesting post...thought provoking...have to read it when I'm sober.

I'll post again...

S&F.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think the 4th dimension is "time." If we could see ourselves in the 4th dimension we would appear like a long, winding snake with our newborn self at one end and our aged, dead corpse at the other. A cross section of this 4th dimensional entity would be our 3rd dimensional self at a particular point in our lifetime.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

Isn't it amazing how the bible is taught in a physical manner. Yet the words of Jesus were all about the spirit. It took me a while to get it, them pesky priests kept me in the dark and turned off from religion. The bible never made sense as I was reading it. One day I simply asked "God, let me see" and I saw the real meaning. I felt like I had to earn that right first before being allowed to see.

This relates to the fourth dimension discussion. If heaven is within you then the OP is right on. We have been living in a material world for too long. It's time to let our true desires manifest from a thought into an action. It's as simple as a switch that you flick. Visualize what it is that you would like to see, and begin behaving like you already have accomplished it. You want peace...be peaceful.

I agree with you it has already started. It is an absolutely amazing thing to watch unfold. The ideas are seeping into the mainstream. Lately I'm hearing commercials on TV, where it's obvious whoever designed the commercial has this approach to life. While the concepts are applied between worlds that connect material and spiritual, the concepts of these commercials are exactly what the doctor ordered. I feel like they are little hints that the plan is in full motion.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If we were to enter into a higher dimension. Everything we ever knew, would become very insignificant. We would be Gods to where we are now. I think the next dimension is time. We would stop becoming a passive watcher of time to a controller of time.

We would not have to wait for anything, it would just come to us immediately if you wish it. If you ever made a mistake, all you would have to go is go back and fix it. God knows how it would work.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

The craziest thing about it is that this stuff is pretty easy to accomplish.
It is almost as if all you need to do is will it to happen.

It's getting easier for me, again. When I was younger (any time since about birth until about 9) it was difficult not to have them and any talk about it met with scorn, derision and dismissal from so-called "rational" adults. Needless to say, it was neatly 99.9% supressed for quite awhile in order to pretend to get along. Now, I've decided to put that behind me and just do the work and regain the necessary comfort. I am finding some frustration in what was once taken without judgement in perfect comfort had so many unconscious conditionings as to feel threatening. When things surface, I have to confront deep seated programming against it. What I find over and over again is that the so-called "extraordinary" experiences are really quite ordinary and normal once properly reintegrated.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I always sort of related a 4th dimension to a wealthy American and a starving kid in Africa.

The basic concept is the wealthy man and the starving child all have the same basic needs and functions but their psychology, way of thinking, and how they live are different. In layman's terms, the two know that the other exists, but improbably their lives will never cross, and will in turn have very little chance of effecting the other ones life...even they are so different yet so the same.

As I do not believe in the concept of time travel as most would think, but yes I do believe in different timelines and different dimensions. But hell, that's just the easiest way for me to make sense of it all.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Those are some very thought provoking ideas, Michael!

I think i'll have a go at summing it up easier in my own words:

Perception can be altered - with this alteration comes an ability to see things differently. This may be what defines 'dimensions'. It is merely a different perspective or ability to percieve.

This is why things that change your perspective very easily are illegal

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Oh, I don't mean to sound as if I can actually do this on a regular basis, I just mean that in reality it is very easy to do.

But your mind has to be right to even begin.

And that is hard to accomplish.

I've only had AP/lucid dream/crazy awesome story I've already relayed MAYBE a handful of times in my life, but each time it was just because I decided to do it.

Part of the problem is still the conscious knowledge that performing things like that is still subjecting my 'normal self' to things that it is incapable of dealing with on a rational level. Therefore, I become slightly paranoid.

Then I must force myself to normalize for quite some time.

Maybe if I took up a normal meditation routine this would help, but I had an unfortunate experience with meditation at one point that I will not get into here that I cannot shake.

I love the idea of a meditation regimen but I need to get some of the weird stuff figured out before I can actually commit to one.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Oh! This is very “enlightening”. The debate has been very nice so far. S+F

That just got me thinking. If whether the gravity keeping us in the third dimension is part of the inside. Anti-gravity part of the outside. How many layers of inside and outside there are?

The forth dimension for us would be just outside, around Earth, what would we become if we could go beyond? What would be the point of transfer? Of course, all that is leading to the probability of paranormal entities like: ghosts, aliens, and spirits etc. When we die, do we go inside as our bodies putrefy, or is there something inside (what some would call the soul) that goes beyond, toward the outside?

Oh boy I know! So many though questions.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Well, it seems to me that if dimensional reality is just a layered effect of your awareness that it too is eternal.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yep, I totally agree with you. When He opens our eyes, through us seeking the greater reality of whom He is and whom we are in Him, you see things with new eyes, spiritual eyes, His eyes. These are the other dimensions.

This opens a new consciousness, connected to this world, but not of this world, although interacts with this world, that is very real indeed. Its like an overlaping of worlds.

Sometimes I read of peoples comments in here about this new awakening, they speak of unconditional love, they speak of knowing of this reality, they speak of ego and pride as a barrier, and some experiencing this reality, and I believe in their experience. But I often ask why they are so close, but yet so far from this reality, as being whom they are. Why is it they try so hard to experience this higher reality of truth, without time?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join