It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my deceased father telling me something??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My step dad died in June of 1995. Since he has passed, I have had some occurrences that could be written off as nothing. I do believe that souls exist, but I have never had something this weird happen (while I was awake anyway). My son was in my bedroom playing, and he got into my jewelery box. As soon as I heard the chiming of the chains, I ran in to pick it all up and put it away. This is nothing new. My son usually finds a way to get to my jewelery at least once a week, so I am very use to picking up all the stuff and I know whats in there.. Well, after picking everything up, a shiny silver piece of paper caught my eye. I picked it up and it was a tag. Problem is, the tag was from a video store that my step dad use to take me to all the time when I was a little girl. The video store has been closed down for at least 12 years now. I have no idea how it got in my house. It had to have come out of my jewelery box, because I just vacuumed, and there was nothing on the floor..

I have moved at least a dozen times since he has passed, and I have never seen this before. Let alone put it in a place like my jewelery box. I guess what I'm asking is if there is any way that my dad is trying to tell me something.. I'm a little freaked out right now, so if some of this sounds weird, I'm sorry. Any info would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks everyone for reading my nervous rant.

KaginD

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2db4dc8b071.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Were you close to him? It may just be that he is just letting you know that he is still around and loves you. I wouldn't be scared, even though I know it has to be a strange feeling. It's probably his way of saying "hi".

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

We were very close. I still have his wallet in my closet and its full of pics of me and little notes I wrote him as a child. Thanks for the response. I wouldn't say I'm scared, maybe just a little confused.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What's at the store now? Maybe he's telling you to go there.

But more than likely, it's just "one of those things" the card found its way in many years ago, and it's been forgoten about. I think that maybe, the fact that it's brought up so many memories, is why you're feling a strong connection to it, and trying to read into it.

I have a friend who talks with his dead dad. I remember him telling me that he just sits there quietly and thinks about him. Asks questions and stuff. He says he gets answers sometimes. I dunno, but when we went to this spiritualist church to see what it was like. The pastor bloke (is that what they're called?) was walking around the room, taking about contacting the other side and stuff. He came over to my mate, and he said "you can already do this can't you"

So I keep an open mind. Maybe hold on to it, and use it as a means of talking to him. Clutch it while quietly contemplating him, and ask him some questions. Even if you don't get a result as such, it might just be nice, and that's ok too

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I'm a very logical person, so I think thats why I'm confused right now.. The reason I'm a little freaked out is because one, my son is named after him and the paper was in his room. And two, my grandpa is very sick (my biological father's dad) and I hope its not his way of telling me something about my grandfather.. I will try what you said tonight when my son falls asleep. I hope I get some answers from him... Thanks

Oh, and the last time I was in Bayonne, I think it was a flower shop.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by KaginD]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Little tip- Don't try very hard at all. Just kind of let the mind wander into it, don't try. The harder you try, the less chance you'll have of getting a result. (look at me, giving advice on contacting spirits like I know what I'm doing
) This is just how i do things in meditation, and something I've seen pop up here and there. Relax the mind, and just allow yourself to be open.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I would not be freaked out at all if I were you. You should feel loved! Usually when loved ones have passed they will sometimes come back and move things, give signs or drop items that will let you know that it is them. They want to let you know that they are still around and that they are ok and love you! I have had similar experiences. You should feel honored and loved that you have received this experience and to know that they do still exist after "life".

PS. I'm still waiting on my loved ones to drop me a couple million $!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

A couple million would have been a lot easier for me to accept
No but really, I am very happy in a sense that he is trying to contact me. I guess I just have a hard time believing that it could happen. The thing even smells like a cologne. I can't remember what he smelled like, I wish I could though so I can see if it smells like him
Thanks for the input.

top topics

join