It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If National Security Detected A ufo In Earth Orbit Would They Tell Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Let's say national security detects a ufo high above the atmosphere... what's the next step?

Make an announcement? Blow it up? Do nothing?

I kinda think they would not tell us.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

They haven't told us much about what has possibly already transpired. Why start now?

Me think NO!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You gotta be kidding me.

There is most likely hundreds of incidents every year of which zero makes it to the public.

National Security informing the public... thats a good one.

CX

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If it was just in earths orbit, they wouldn't have to.....i think we'd be informed by an ATS member first.

CX.

[edit on 5/8/09 by CX]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just wonder, space is for every body, so how close can ET come to earth before it can be considered as an hostile act ?
Surly no one owns the space around us !!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
Let's say national security detects a ufo high above the atmosphere... what's the next step?

Why are you acting like such a hapless, helpless lump? Blaming 'national security' for not revealing secrets that would stop your mom and classmates and occasional girlfriends from snickering at your beliefs? Get real and gimme a break.

Things in orbit are visible to private networks of amateur skywatchers with really cool video equipment. Yet whenever somebody posts 'photos of secret spaceships' on these boards, spacecraft that nobody else seems able to detect, folks rush forward with cockamamie excuses about cloaking and 'UV' radiation and brainwashing... instead of realizing they are being conned, and they are accessories to their own deception.

You CAN figure things out on your own, if your mind wasn't so open your brain's fallen out.

Aside from US tracking facilities, there are at least three other highly-capable space tracking nets -- the Russian one, the Chinese one, and the French one. And then there's the private groups, and astronomy groups.

Your whole question reeks of cluelessness. Please get clued in and start thinking -- you might smell burning dust for a few days as cobwebs clear, but the result will be a lot more satisfying and people around you might stop snickering.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

When National Security Detected A ufo In Earth Orbit Did They Tell Us?

Correcting your original question kind of answers this already.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
No they won't, if it is all up to them.

SETI reckons that if they receive a message and it is fairly benign they would do a full disclosure. Bloody joke. If the message is of some impending doom then it is up to the government to make it public or not. I understand that everything will be haywire-ish/martial law, and i believe they would rather let the uninformed go out with a surprise.

The problem is that there are too many skeptics & too many hoaxers in our search for the truth. If anyone have some personal experience/encounter then that is how close they will be to the real truth, for now, of course only until the aliens pull an ID4 on us...or hopefully if they land in peace, all across the world, with solutions to our problems.

For now, imo, to be "underground" as our governments are. We should keep and share our information to those we trust away from the untrained skeptic who are there the laugh every case off. That is the only way to get some form of truth.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by qonone]

[edit on 8/5/2009 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Oh they'll tell us. Just as soon as they can come up with as cockamamie a story as is required to get everyone on the planet on the same page of the war profit act.

They've almost got the whole of the world believing there's something out there that they are hiding from us which may constitute a grave threat to the whole of our planet. All it will take now is some major incident to start up the real money making machine again, and bring a united world (economic and political) to it's knees in war.

Not really all that probable, but a whole lot more possible than them telling us they've found one, "and it's weird!"

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nothing short of an armada of flying purple (giant) toilets (with pink flush handles) encircling Manhattan island for hours will make the Spookies reveal or admit anything. The National Security STATE is God, as only actions, including inactions, can ever speak.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy

Surely your joking? I'd say they blown enough things up now to last a life time..

And do you know what they tell us? They tell us it was a falling star, a meteor, an old satelite they had to destroy.. what ever crap they want to tell us, the sad thing is most of us believe it..

new topics

top topics

join