It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wondered?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Greetings all, my first post here...so I'm going to keep it light before I post any argumentative stuff...

Some current Paranormal questions I've been pondering, in no specific order:

1) Do you think it's possible for any sector of the Internet to become 'haunted'? Saw this in a film once (can't remeber which) and the idea seemed interesting enough.

2) [Sorry for running a currently 'cliche' news topic] Presuming ghosts exist, would it be more difficult for Michael Jackson's ghost to 'rest in peace' due to the constant attention/mourning?

3) Presuming spirits are always around us (as if often claimed) are they able to communicate with each other? While I'm on this, would they enjoy watching films with us?

4) Can spirits use their sense of smell? (By gut feel, it seems they often tend to 'see' or 'talk to' people who see them)

5) Would you rather have a genuine 'zero fear' conversation with a (1) Spirit, (2) Angel or (3) 'Alien'?

6) Is it possible to develop your 'sixth sense'?

7) (Not strictly paranormal, but guess it qualifies under the philosophy banner) - Presuming cloning and brain transplants becomes 100% successful, would you transplant your brain into a cloned body of yourself? On this same topic, would it still be you? If it was still 'you', would you do it again, at the 'natural end' of your cloned body? How often would you continue with this transplant procedure?

8) I am watching you right now. (Jokes, I went to get a drink...want some?)

That's it for now folks, hoping some of you found this relatively thought-provoking on at least one level...looking forward to reading some replies.

Glad to be part of this community...

Chat soon,

evlom in South Africa =)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

1) Do you think it's possible for any sector of the Internet to become 'haunted'? Saw this in a film once (can't remeber which) and the idea seemed interesting enough.

No.

2) [Sorry for running a currently 'cliche' news topic] Presuming ghosts exist, would it be more difficult for Michael Jackson's ghost to 'rest in peace' due to the constant attention/mourning?

Assuming ghouls are real, the I suppose so.

3) Presuming spirits are always around us (as if often claimed) are they able to communicate with each other? While I'm on this, would they enjoy watching films with us?

Do you find it reasonable for the dead to be the same as the living? Really?
If you found yourself still concious after death, would you enjoy a movie, or would you wonder why you're still here.

4) Can spirits use their sense of smell? (By gut feel, it seems they often tend to 'see' or 'talk to' people who see them)

Eek, I have no idea, on how something that isn't living, nor seeable, nore touchable nor feelable, sees or talks, nonetheless smell.

5) Would you rather have a genuine 'zero fear' conversation with a (1) Spirit, (2) Angel or (3) 'Alien'?

Alien, possibly the only one that could help, since the rest from supposed epilepsy cannot.

Unless it's Grape Punch no. Thanks though.

Thats ATS though thought provoking and concious raising thoughts, although some don't see it.

I've answered honestly but have been put into an altered thinking. I often think of the paranormal, although I don't accept the belief, but I do put myself in the shoes of those who does, and don't understand it but wish to do so.

Good thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think Michael Jackson's spirit would have a hard time resting in peace with all the publicity/mourning that has been going on. I believe spirits rest when people allow them to rest.

I have been exposed (for lack of a better word) to what may be called spirits. There have been times I can hear people talking outside of my house or in another room, but when going to see who it is, there is no one there. Other "spirits" ignore my presence. No, I don't think they would care to watch a movie with us, they are not of this world.

I would want a zero fear conversation with an angel. I hope since I claim to have seen spirits I don't have epilepsy. If I do, could I get disability?
I don't think an alien would have anything to tell me.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ok, I'll give you some answers.

Originally posted by evlom

Maybe not haunted but hijacked by futuristic AI. Unless of course the immaterial nature of a spirit can interact with electric current

Not sure if ghosts exist or what would effect there passing to the afterlife so can't answer.

Wow, your mind works in mysterious ways.

Maybe they can interact with 'the matrix' to limited levels eg, see but not smell???

Good question, my immediate answer is alien but if aliens are contained within our material existece I would go for angel as he/she/it would probably be able to answer all my questions on things from the begining of time.

Some would say so

7) (Not strictly paranormal, but guess it qualifies under the philosophy banner) - Presuming cloning and brain transplants becomes 100% successful, would you transplant your brain into a cloned body of yourself? On this same topic, would it still be you? If it was still 'you', would you do it again, at the 'natural end' of your cloned body? How often would you continue with this transplant procedure?

Would not want to do this but I would assume a brain transplant would also be a consciousness transplant... However this is a pretty big one in the world of psychology and is oly my opinion... I'm not even sure if it is my opinion.

If you are watching me then I am sorry, what I was doing just then... it's not meant to be seen by other people. I hope you can wipe the images from your mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by evlom

Hi evlom.
S&F for you, my friend. Very interesting post and those are some of the questions I have myself. I'm a paranormal investigator so questions like these cross my mind quite often and you even have some I had never thought of before. I can't post a complete reply right now but will do so later on today. Just wanted to say that you have started what will likely be a very interesting thread, IMO.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Greetings all,

Thanks for your replies...I'm looking forward to the additions and replies to this current thread.

Already working on my next one, but need some more meditation first.

Cheerio for now,

evlom

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

This is so weird - I think about this all the time! You see I'm fascinated by the belief some Australian Indigenous people hold the belief that photographs possess a part of that person's 'soul' and whenever you look at the photo or even mention their name, it brings them back closer to this side. .?? Interesting. I've also heard Alison DuBois mention it in one of her books. So I was wondering once when Heath Ledger died or when any celebrity in general dies and there are literally millions of people swarming over photos of these people what that would mean for their souls?? Surely it would be difficult to pass over?? Hmmm..

I wonder this too. Also, if they can ride in the car with us. . what would be the point of that??
I think yes, if they're undoubtedly apart of the same dimension as each other, then they can communicate with each other, on some level.

I think I would only be able to actually have a zero fear convo with an angel. But if I was granted the chance to have my fear erased for a convo with either one of those, I'd probably choose and alien. Under normal circumstances I'd be too sh*t scared to think of anything to say!

Absolutely, I do think so. I think, like everything else, it's just a matter of familiarity and practice.

That's a flat out no..

I'll have what he's having

[edit on 5/8/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by evlom

1) Interesting idea but I think spirits are a form of energy in themselves so I do not think they would be able to haunt a section of the internet as I just dont think the two energies would mix.

2) I dont think that constant fan mourning would be enough to keep someone's spirit from resting, I believe it would need to be someone you were close to and was close to you. People mourning celeb's arnt mourning the real person behind the camera so I believe there is no real bond to keep the departed here

3) I dont know but a question back to you: do you think they can 'see' television pictures anyway? are they able to convert pixels into a final picture or will they only see the individual dots that make it up?

4) I dont think they can smell but more sense it as a change in the energies, small is after all a sense thats converted by our brains to be a smell, I think spirits would be a bit more back to basics sensing the energies of sound, sight, smell etc as vibrations and other rather then an actual 'smell' sense (Im not sure I explained that right but it seemed right in my head! )

5) erm .. spirit I think. I think a spirit would be more forthcoming with answers of the afterlife etc then an angel. An alien would be interesting as well though

6) If it exists at all then I think we all have it in varying degrees and that yes you can train it

7) I dunno that would be a little creepy .... hmmm depends if I was to die young and needed a few more years perhaps!

8) Im watching you right back with a nice cup of tea in my hand .. so no thanks!

Nice topic thanks for getting me thinking at work!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

yes i do think a sector of the internet can be com haunted the ghost can be attracted thr the activety in the area and linger thare its posible become conected with the energy so thar for a sector of the internet my become haunted

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by evlom

Thanks for the comment, evlom!
Ok, here's what I think...

My initial reaction was to say no, but if a server was located in a haunted building... well, that could be interesting, lol. Honestly, I wouldn't have even given this much thought if I hadn't heard of something similar happening recently.

You ask very good questions, evlom.
I like it when people make me think. Off the top of my head, the only way I see that the "ghost" could be affected would be if people are constantly trying to make contact through seances or what have you. When I think of it like that, then yes, I think it probably could make it a bit difficult.

Yes, I think so. The reason I think this is that I have heard numerous evp's where there seem to be two voices carrying on a conversation.

I think that ghosts can probably use all the senses we use and plus a few. One reason I think this is that many people who are trying to rid their homes of ghosts will burn sage and the idea is that it works because ghosts don't like the smell. Of course, this is far from proven, but I've heard people swear that it works. Also, they seem to be able to see, hear and even touch, so I think it's likely that ghosts can use all the sense we use and then some.

Definitely a spirit. I would probably ask it about aliens and angels, LOL!

Yes, I really think it is. I think everyone has a sixth sense to some degree and that through meditation, it can be made stronger. I think we just have to learn how to "tune in." I'm not sure that someone who has a very weak sense could just meditate themselves up to the level of the strongest psychics out there, but I do think that we can become more sensitive.

No, I wouldn't do it. I honestly don't want to live forever or even longer than the regular human life span. If my loved ones decided that they were going to put their brains in clones bodies, then I might reconsider, but I just don't want to keep living and living while everyone I care about is dying off. And besides that, I really don't think we're meant to live forever. I'm just now starting to subscribe to the idea of reincarnation and I think that we live each lifetime for a reason and at some point, we have to move on, whether it be to start all over again or whatever. If I did do it though, would I still be myself? Again, you really make me think! That's a hard one to answer. I have to venture to guess that I wouldn't be the same. I don't think it's our brains that make us who we are. I think there's more to it than that... whether it be a soul or whatever.

And yes! I would dearly love a drink!!! LOL!!!

new topics

top topics

join