It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Awaits Ayatollah's Nod to Build Atomic Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Iran Awaits Ayatollah's Nod to Build Atomic Bomb

www.foxnews.com

Iran has perfected the technology to create and detonate a nuclear warhead and is merely awaiting the word from its Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, to produce its first bomb, Western intelligence sources have told The Times of London.

The sources said that Iran completed a research programme to create weaponised uranium in the summer of 2003 and that it could feasibly make a bomb within a year of an order from its Supreme Leader.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I guess this is the first time I realized how radical fox news is. I wonder if they alone could start a war?

I doubt that "Western Intelligence Sources" could really infiltrate Iran and find out if they are awaiting word from their "Supreme Leader" to build a nuke bomb or not. Plus, Israel already has nuclear weapons, so how come there is no mention of that?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

There has been some recent murmurs on right leaning American think tank websites which point to this being true - they indicated that there was evidence which pointed to Iran abandoning their search in 2004 to being false - however why would they still be researching in 2004 if they completed it in 2003 - ?

Anyway - the reality is that this article CONFIRMS IRAN'S PEACEFUL INTENTIONS - the article and SOURCE implicitly confirm what Iran has claimed all along - that their nuclear programme is for energy. They have the technology, they have the material, they have chosen not to use it....

Bombing Iran now would do nothing but provide impetus to build the weapon so that they are not attacked again.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Fox News.

Why does anyone even visit their site? Hooked on the scary stories they make up?

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Fox News.

Why does anyone even visit their site? Hooked on the scary stories they make up?

Because it's a great example of how not to do the news!

-- second line FTW! --

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
and today , the baby sitter of the under secretary to the intelligence sources kindergarten teacher`s husband confirmed it is all true.

must be fine with all these `un-named` sources.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Alot of nonsense.They should have had a nuclear bomb back in 2005 according to *intelligence sources* blah.Hope no one buy into this tripe.

top topics

join