It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trip to Gilliland Ranch for Perseids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Hey all I think I will be heading out to Gilliland Ranch near trout lake Wa for the upcoming Perseids meteor shower on the 12th of Aug. I think this would be a great way to look for interesting meteors and look into the whole UFO situation going on there.

Even though I live about 10 miles away I never have been there before, so has anyone here been there and maybe some advice? I will be bringing a digital camera and video camera. I can bring a canon A-1 with good a len selection too and I wonder how real photos are thought of compared to the digital cameras.

I'll post my findings after the trip

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
oh great the last one i saw was when i was in Iraq! and i live near the area as well but not sure if id be able to make it though....if i do ill be doing the very same thing!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sounds great, keep us posted!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have been out to the ranch....it was a cloudy night, can't say I ever saw anything strange. Gilliland had a pretty decent presentation that he showed us tho.

It was pretty fun tho. It's a pretty peaceful place, and there's always plenty of weirdo's hangin around to keep you entertained.

My conclusion is that there is probably nothing too strange happening there.

But if there's anything you wanna know just ask.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Good luck

I will leave any camera commentary to those more qualified.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yes, we've been there...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Man, im very jealous of you going there! I've talked to James before and he seems pretty sincere about everything thats going on there. There are some incredible videos and pictures that have been taken there too. I would suggest doing a set up like the ATS crew did, those guys did an incredible job of documenting things. Bring a tripod and and focus around the mountain! Best of luck to you!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What I think I'll do is setup a digital video camera on a tripod and just keep it running. I will have a cannon digital camera my kids can take 100s, 1000s of picture with.
and I'll setup another tripod with my older canon A1 and do time laps photos.

I'll give them a call, but what I really want to do is just camp out there with a couple of blowup matresses, tent, and some chairs. This will let my kids stare at the sky until they fall a sleep and I can basically hang all night without the need to drive home at 4 in the morning.

As many of you can tell from my posts I'm more a skeptic than anything else, and so though I see this as fun and an interesting event I am not one to go there as some kind of believer. With that said, hopfully I can post my findings so all can enjoy.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good tip...have a camera with an infrared setting on or night mode. Apparently you will see alot more with that with regards to spotting UFOs and ETs.

top topics

join