It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never again will I make fun of PETA! WARNING GRAPHIC!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I see a lot of people constantly making fun of PETA. I used to chuckle at the PETA bumper stickers People Eating Tasty Animals. I've watched videos of animal cruelty. I.e. cows, pigs, chickens. But to this day I've never witnessed something as evil as what I just watched. I don't care what anyone says the fact that any human being can treat another living creature with such disregard and downright vile wanton cruelty is beyond my imagination. Videos like this make me realize that we as human beings deserve most of what has happened to us since the dawn of time.

www.peta.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I cannot watch anymore! I didn't even get passed the first minute, it is so bad.

Killing animals for food is fine, it is natural, but killing for sheer pleasure is beyond wrong. I cannot even think of what I would do to someone if I saw them do that to any animal..

I am a meat eater, and I am concious of what I eat; I understand that some of what I eat were alive once too and that they may have suffered the fate of the poor animals in that video, but I cannot bring myself to think about it.

Sure, PETA does seem to be obnoxiously active when it comes to animal rights, but they have every right to be after watching that.

I cannot even explain what I am feeling right now...ugh.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

There was a thread about this on BTS last fall. It was so disturbing I broke down in tears and went to bed for the rest of the day.

PETA can be a bunch of fruitcakes at times but they do bring awareness as well to some very serious issues- the fur trade being one of them.

I absolutely refuse to wear fur for this reason. For one, it can be a very cruel process and second, there are plenty of other materials that can be made into coats without killing a living creature.

The fur trade in certain parts of China is horrific. I really want to fly over there and beat those heartless people senseless. Even if fur is used to make clothing, I don't see what is so hard about at least making sure the animals are not skinned alive. It really makes me sick.

I don't go through PETA, though, to take action. I recently joined and made a donation to HSUS. They are pretty solid and don't fall under some of the controversy and ridicule that PETA does:

www.hsus.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

Honestly I broke down after watching it. I know there are a lot of evil things in this world and I've seen videos of chickens, pigs, and even cows. They are terrible but this one is unimaginable. I believe in eating meat and I don't think eating meat has anything to do with things like this. There are human ways to slaughter an animal. But doing ANYTHING to a live animal that will inflict pain? WHY? I just can't fathom how anyone can be normal after doing stuff like that all day. My god!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Without people who stand up against things like this,
humans can easily, and usually at some point do,
become the next "commodity" to be used for profit.

We really are a barbaric and disgusting species sometimes.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

PETA has their reason to exist, everyone does.. However like many groups, they take it over the top, and sometimes just act silly. But, I can't stand this sort of treatment of animals.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks I'll look into that organization.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I know you mean well, but if you put "humane" and "slaughter" in the same sentence, it usually makes people misconstrue the intent of your post..

But I agree with you, there are humane ways of conducting business without torturing animals. It isn't right to do it to a human, so why do it to an animal? Don't they have the right to live with liberty as well?

What makes us as human beings so special? We are nothing but animals, the most evil animal in the history of the planet no less.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Sometimes? I think you are giving us the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If they had quick deaths, I wouldn't care....but that is just messed up. Guy was standing on it's head bouncing up and down.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I tried my best not to shed a tear, but this did it for me..

When the fur is finally peeled off over the animals' heads, their naked, bloody bodies are thrown onto a pile of those who have gone before them. Some are still alive, breathing in ragged gasps and blinking slowly. Some of the animals' hearts are still beating five to 10 minutes after they are skinned. One investigator recorded a skinned raccoon dog on the heap of carcasses who had enough strength to lift his bloodied head and stare into the camera.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
that has to be possibly the worst thing i have ever watched, i tried to watch it but once they ripped the skin of the first animal and i saw it moving with no skin i couldnt take anymore.
The cinese seriously need to sort themselves out. The human rights are bad enogh but this just seems to be crulty for no reason. Furing i believe is wrong anyway, there are plenty of alternatives out there, i thought we would of been past this trade by now. But if you are goin to skin an animal, it isnt hard to break its kneck before you do it, only takes like 10secs, also this would make it alot easier to skin, and wouldnt cause any damages to the skin.

It just doesnt make any sence.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

Yes you're right slaughter and humane is an oxymoron.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
PETA has its ups and downs, or pros and cons. While some of their approaches are aggressive, and actually turn people off, or just plain silly like the basketball situation. They do bring to light some of the violent and terrible things that are done to animals.

There is no need for fur. Period. Unless it is a survival situation. Then that is making decent use of an animal. But the only value fur has is the material value people put on it.

That is why I can't stand a lot of celebrities, especially the hip hop community, in their adoration of furs. This is debateable, but ethics aside, it is tacky and ugly, and quite frankly, really outdated. When I see a fur I see old white rich ladies trying to look important. I worked in a nursing home, people would show up to lunch in a fur. That is the style I think of, LOL.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply and understanding!
I am embarrassed and appalled that I belong to the same species, frankly.
S&F!
I realized this when I created and participated in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This happens not in china but pennsylvania!
You know the worst thing about it all?
These types of "people" celebrate and enjoy it!
They toast over it, feel proud about it and
gladly teach the young that its all okay and "needed".
Now that is whats sick. ANd its not just in china that it happens.

Note: I would have said 'usually' or ' always' but I could
feel the flames clear out here.
Besides many peeps get scared easily and shut down,
thus round and round we go......

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

It's almost as if the people doing it take some sort of joy in it. I mean seriously. How can any sane person not find that act disgusting and vile....evil in the worst way? They go about it like those animals are widgets on an assembly line. With their shark fin soup, tiger penis crap, high amount of counterfeit merchandise, tainted drugs, tainted drywall I'm beginning to really viscerally hate the Chinese. I know it's not all of them and we have our own animal cruelty issues in the US but come on.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I don't have enough curse and swear words for what I just saw. And I only got a minute in as well...

You wanna wear fur or something - fine - whatever; kill an animal for it's fur - whatever...

But beating these poor animals in the head and SKINNING THEM ALIVE brings out these feelings in me I thought I never had. And some of these poor things survive the skinning. DAMN IT!
:bnghd:

Call me crazy, but I've always liked animals more than humans... At least animals aren't sentient, so they can't really be held responsible for whatever it is that they do (they're animals, duh).

But we have no excuse AT ALL for the things we do. We know the things we do (we know right from wrong/what hurts others, etc), And what I just saw makes me look at us in an even dimmer light...

If you just have to make a coat out of an animal, at least kill it first! As painlessly as possible! And even that I don't agree with (killing an animal so a rich person can show off).

Damn it, man. This planet is one big clusterf##k.

Am I being too sensitive here???!

Oh, and edit to add/ask: I don't know if this is true, but I heard that in China they will take a Saint Bernard Dog and beat it to death with a stick (to release adrenaline). Supposedly the adrenaline makes the meat taste better.

Has anyone heard of this????

[edit on 8/2/2009 by impaired]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I respect the Chinese culture in a lot of ways, but their views on animal treatment leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

there are plenty of other evils they do as well.
This is not easy to watch.

but they cut the fins off of sharks for soup and throw the shark back into the water to drown or starve as they sink to the bottom.

the part where the shark is blinking....
and the one drowning on the bottom...

shark finning

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes...

PETA brings out the worst of animal cruelty to light but very few people bring to light the cruelty done by PETA to small familiars such as dogs and cats in their so called "animal shelter"

A news story I saw a few years ago on the Canadian news. A lady in tears for she thought she did the right thing which was to give some neighbor abused animals to a PETA shelter, some 30 cats and dogs, in the hopes that PETA would find them a better home. Little that she knew, PETA is NOT in the business of finding new homes for pets, they are in the business of killing them as she realized a week later when she went to the shelter to see if anyone had taken in one of those abused animal she sent. They were all killed!

PETA kills Animals

Why would an animal rights group secretly kill animals at its headquarters? PETA’s continued silence on the matter makes it hard to say for sure. But from a cost-saving standpoint, PETA’s hypocrisy isn’t difficult to understand: Killing adoptable cats and dogs – and storing the bodies in a walk-in freezer until they can be cremated – requires far less money and effort than caring for the pets until they are adopted. PETA has a $32 million annual budget. But instead of investing in the lives of the thousands of flesh and blood creatures in its care, the group spends millions on media campaigns telling Americans that eating meat, drinking milk, fishing, hunting, wearing leather shoes, and benefiting from medical research performed on lab rats are all “unethical.” The bottom line: PETA’s leaders care more about cutting into their advertising budget than finding homes for the nearly six pets they kill on average, every single day. The Virginia Beach SPCA, just down the road from PETA’s Norfolk headquarters, manages to adopt out the vast majority of the animals in its care. And it does it on a shoestring budget.

...The Virginia Beach SPCA, just down the road from PETA’s Norfolk headquarters, manages to adopt out the vast majority of the animals in its care. And it does it on a shoestring budget.

...Now the death toll of animals in PETA’s care has reached 21,339, including more than 2,000 pets last year. That’s not an animal charity. It’s a slaughterhouse.

I could link to blogs or other website, horror stories about PETA but decided to stick to one site instead.

PETA on trial, an inside look [pdf document]

Dog lovers beware! Shoking photos

Not to mention that PETA recruit kids by distributing this type of Comic Book outside schools.

Your Mommy kills Animals!

The OP is right on one thing, PETA is no laughing matter when it comes to the ugly truth

Think I will start my own thread to expose PETA as they truly are.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Once every member of MY species is taken care of, I will go looking to help another. Peta has been known to do outrageous things to children (blood, paint, whatever). If you don't put the most important animal on this planet first, you lose credibility in my eyes. Any real trouble someone could get into isn't going to be fixed by any other species aside from our own. I'll admit, this is wrong, but there are far worse injustices carried out against our own species on a daily basis. Of course, we are the common denominator in all these events but, it is what it is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join