It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never again will I make fun of PETA! WARNING GRAPHIC!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wow! I've never cared much about PETA to investigate it that much. Thanks for the info. Seems like PETA is just another corrupt, self aggrandizing, manipulative organization.

And yes there are terrible acts committed against children all over the world. But maybe our treatment of animals is part of the reason why treat each other so terribly. Maybe it's the whole gateway drug thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

One thing to do is just buy kosher meats. They do cost more, but the animals are humanely killed for the meat. Also, there are no meat by products and just the front end of the animal are used.

There are no kosher pork products for obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
OP

I was as shocked as you are about animal treatment when I saw that news story which is what made me investigate PETA.

I love animals so much that I just cannot resolve myself to kill that raccoon and possum that comes to ravage our trash bags on the back porch.

The last 2 cats I have had... one still alive and kicking, are strays that I took from the streets, both abandoned by former masters and both looking for a place to live. The first one, Miss Silver, I fed her during summer time considering she really was neglected by her owners and the reason as to why I didn't take her in sooner was because her owners were our direct condo neighbors. They moved out and let her to rot there!

So one cold rainy fall night, I went in search of her for it really was getting cold outside and found her on a balcony in a cardboard box trying to stay out of the rain... the poor thing. Picked her up, put her inside my coat and brought her inside where she has been my faithful companion till 2007.

Maurice came around in 2006 looking for a home he can call his own. After 3 days of incessant "MEOW" in the hallway of the apartment building where I used to live, one of the neighbors complained that if that cat were to wake him up again in the middle of the night (for Maurice do have an exceptional loud meow) he would make chop suey out of him. That same day, he came around, Meow for some food and water, opened the door and he walked right in.

Now Miss Silver was another matter, turned out that she was hyper thyroid which in the end, she ended up costing me a pretty penny over the years, not to mention time and constraint for she needed to be administered 2 pills a day which meant a heck less lot of liberty of movement for me but it didn't matter... I took her in and she was now my responsibility.

Back to PETA

I was utterly LIVID when I found this out about them! Needless to say that I canceled my membership with them, returned all them pre glued envelope addy. How can they claim animal cruelty, print comic books for kids indoctrination claiming that "you love to play ball with your dog" when mommy is killing animals by wearing fur when PETA will not give a second thought to euthanize that fun loving dog.

PETA is all about freeing the animals and this is why, when looking closely at them that it becomes clear that they also want to eradicate from the face of the earth such domesticated animals for if left unchecked in the wild, dogs and cats will become a serious problem.

Their goals are unreal. For they will show how cruelly hogs, cows, chickens... are slaughtered but then go about saying that everyone ought a be a vegan. SO what then, everyone becomes a vegan, great for PETA for their goal has been achieved but what of the animals? Chicken will keep multiplying, so will hogs, cows and whatever one can find on supermarket shelves, free and unrestrained in the wild? So what then? animal control like they do so graciously with cats and dogs in their shelters? Yes, it would be lovely to be able to live side by side with all of them free animals but this is not the garden of eden nor utopia, it is the real world where hogs in the wild becomes feral again and very dangerous.

PETA had funds to take care of those shelters and provide better care of those familiars instead of providing them with the needle while I had no funds what so ever to take care of Miss Silver and took care of her for long as I could till her passing away.

PETA and it's followers do not take in account what were to happen if all them animals were allowed to roam free and does not provide an answer as to what to do next when their population are left unchecked, free to reproduce in the wild nor the consequence or the repercussion to the human race.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

One thing to do is just buy kosher meats. They do cost more, but the animals are humanely killed for the meat. Also, there are no meat by products and just the front end of the animal are used.

There are no kosher pork products for obvious reasons.

Sorry to burst your bubble kid but a business is a business, Kosher or not.

Investigation reveals slaughter horrors at Agriprocessors

AgriProcessors, the world's largest glatt kosher slaughterhouse, has been ignoring the Jewish commitment to compassion and federal law by mutilating fully conscious animals, shocking them in the face, and slaughtering them in a way that has allowed many to stand and attempt to flee, even minutes after their throats had been slit.

[sarcastic mode on]As much as I dislike PETA, here is one of their vid showing the merciful quick death of a cow...[/sarcastic mode off]

Warning, not for the faint at heart

Does THAT looks or sound humane? Did anyone heard that cow mooo as it was slowly dying by a so called humane kosher death?

Not so Kosher after all.

The fact is that there is no humane way to kill an animal for consumption that I can see beside a very hard blow to the head to render the animal unconscious or some sort of a guillotine type of death by quickly severing the head like our grand ma's used to do when it was time to kill a chicken for dinner time.

The majority of us have lost touch as to the real nature of meat consumption which involve killing the animal which is now done by corporate slaughterhouses. I wonder how many of you out there enjoy chicken but when the time came to kill your own chicken... who would chicken out?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Peta may have a view point that an animal that is not adoptable is better to be humanely put down.

There are 25 million stray cats and dogs in the US alone, much higher in other countries. It is just not possible to adopt them all out.
That is why spay and neutering is so important. And to not bother with breeds unless you really have the need for one.
I have always felt that real animal lovers adopt homeless animals, as oppossed to having to have a breed, unless your needs are breed specific. Even there, there are plenty of breed rescues out there.

As for the children thing, it is not right to involve children. But you have to understand the mindset of peta members is that animals come first.

I have a feeling that many are younger members without kids, once you have kids, your mindset changes, and you realize that children come first.

There is good and bad to every organization like I said, and while some acts of Peta are unsavory, their intentions are to bring to light the horrible cruelty.PETA was created during an era where it took shocking tactics to get peoples' attention.

But peta needs to update itself. What they really need to do is just start educating people. Such as the need for homes for homeless people. How peopel can start fostering animals. Get out information about breed rescues.
And dispell silly myths that people have that only puppies bond with owners. A dog of any age can be trained and make a great family pet.

My mom last year adopted an ugly 10 yo Katrina dog(yes, just last year, poor thing was in a small kennel for several years) and he is a great dog.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I only got through one minute of the first video, and not much longer for the video of the cow being slaughtered. After watching all these videos I've gone from crying, to being extremely angry, and finally just numb and shocked.
I used to be a PETA member, back when I knew nothing about them. When I heard how extreme they could be, I stopped donating and instead became an HSUS member.
I don't see how the people who skin those creatures alive can sleep at night. It's like they have no conscience at all. At the very least it's obvious they have no compassion.
I understand that there is a high demand for meat. I know it will never get to the point where everyone is a vegetarian or vegan - I tried once, after five years I gave up. But the least they can do is make the death as quick as possible. Breaking the neck, a single shot to the head, or euthanasia. Slitting their throats in a way that make them suffer for minutes on end, or bashing their heads on the ground and skinning them alive is unforgivable.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_silver

Kosher is one way to go. I am sure the Jewish and Muslim community would be a great place to find out the best real kosher meats. There are many smaller places that do the rendering themselves and one can ask about the processes involved.

BTW, I love your story on your stray cats. Very touching they found their person to adopt.

[edit on 8/3/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well, some of you are braver than I am. I can't even start a video like that.

I think PETA would kill all the humans if it could.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Let me just say this. PETA certainly can be a bunch of nut jobs at times even going as far as being willing to hurt other people in order to save the lives of animals.... However, animal cruelty is a very real and very sadistic thing that happens all over the world and needs to be stopped.

I never understood ( and never want to understand) the mind of a person who can abuse a fellow earthling. It is truly sickening to me see this video. I had to stop after about two minutes. Watching these people rip the skin off of a living creature like that... and then just tossing them into a pile of other dying animals who no longer have skin.

I am not sure how to word this without it sounding a bit awkward, but if you are going to take the skin and they are going to die anyway, why not just kill them first so they do not have to suffer through such a horrible ordeal?

Seeing this I can certainly see how PETA members can be so upset that they just want to cause harm to the people that do this stuff, but to cause harm to other people is to lower yourself to the level of these people. And who wants to be at such a disgusting and sick level that they are willing to do such awful things?

I sure don't.

There are many ways to help fight against cruelty to animals without resorting to violence. For example, if you know of any or suspect any abuse taking place toward any animals (That includes human's) report it!Donate to organizations such as the Humane Society or the SPCA( Society for the prevention of cruelty to animals).

Also one thing that is simple to do is love animals. Yes that is it. Love animals. They need love to. One of my old dogs I got from the SPCA. She was taken away from her original owner because she was abused. She was a bit skiddish (understandably) but all she ever wanted was to love and to be loved in return. She died a happy dog.

Thanks for sharing this with us, it is really heart breaking to see such disgusting acts. All for the sake of getting the fur of an animal.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Well, finally managed to get a digital camera so here is a picture of Maurice, the stray with a very loud meow!

The hubby's cat is also a stray he adopted and she is just a sweetheart.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_silver

I think Maurice owns the place with that attitude! Cute kitty and picture, thank you for sharing it.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
jesus, that was definitely not the thing to watch with the massive hangover that i have right now. i thought for sure that i was going to lose last night's liguid lunch all over my keyboard.

i think we should skin the humans alive that do this sort of thing. just don't video tape it, please.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I couldnt watch the first 30 secs. That is horrible! Those poor animals. In the first 30 secs the one on the grown twitching between life and death was what got me. For a min I thought what if that was a person? What if a bigger species did this to us! It would be just as unpleasant to us as these poor animals.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Oh I will most certainly still be making fun of PETA. But yes what Chinese fur farmers do to those animals is beyond cruel.

That can easily be classified under "What the
is wrong with you people?" I watched the whole thing, I wanted to see if there was any sort of redeeming factor to the video at all but there was none, those of you who couldn't get past the first 30 seconds or a minute, don't feel bad, it didn't get any better.

Is there something that you can get skinning an animal alive that you can't get if you kill the animal instantly and painlessly?

Seriously China? WTF?

But PETA still must be made fun of at every opportunity.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ahh this video... I have refused to watch it to this very day. Will not. Hearing about it is bad enough.

Yet I have seen a part of it. A movie I was watching a while back, believe it or not, had clips from this in the damn intro. Before I knew what I was looking at, it was the poor raccoon dog blinking into the camera.....

I should have known, the movie did have a peta warning at the beginning, but I had no idea it was to be the very clip out of all the horrific things I've seen and refused to watch..

I cannot remember the movie I was watching, some gore horror about a psycho etc...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
They should of just shot the animals or broke their necks.
Other than that, food is food.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This thread is a haven of hipocracy.

Ignorance is an illness.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I will still continue to make fun of PETA. PETA and ALF and ELF are terrorists. Yes in this case they are awfully correct. It's cruel and it's awful but how many times have they attacked such pointless causes. They don't want me to own two cats? Come and take a look at my two babies...happy and content as can be

Take a look at my horse...he is such a lover and we treat him very well

Yes that video is true and it's horrific but it doesn't forgive for me the rest of the crap they spew

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
PETA thrives on this kind of shock propaganda.

I will continue to make fun of PETA because all they sell is fear.

When they put out a book titled "Your mommy kills animals" and distributes it to young kids, they deserve all the ridicule they get.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Don't know about China, but beaten-to-death-dog soup is a Korean folk remedy for impotence.

China does import/breed purebred dogs for their hides; I've seen pic of a German Shepherd full-length ladies' coat; ditto Golden Retriever coat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join