It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Decades to an American Culture of Death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Two Decades to an American Culture of Death

This is getting scary.

www.lifetree.org...

Introduction

From 1996 forward, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and George Soros's Project on Death in America (PDIA) implemented end-of-life (EOL) programs that fit into a three-point strategy to change American culture. Bioethicist Daniel Callahan (healthcare rationing proponent), argued that America was a death-denying society, and suggested a three-point plan for cultural change. The strategy for change was published in a 1995 Hastings Center Report. Callahan's three points were later refined in recommendations from the Institute of Medicine. Those three areas of emphasis -- professional education, institutional change, and public engagement -- provided the framework for RWJF funding thereafter. In the timeline below, we have flagged the EOL programs with corresponding icons:

Obama Health-Care Plan Revolves Around Hastings, Agency of the British Crown's Eugenics Moveme
www.abovetopsecret.com...

After starting this topic, I found this.

Some people really need to wake up.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Obama Nazi

Thats as far as I had to read to realize your post has no significance whatsoever. Nice SNF count there. Glad you don't have to post anything intelligent to achieve that.

There, I removed that just for your benefit, however it was the title of the article I posted, you should read it anyway.

Be brave,

[edit on 103131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If you think reading a biased article will help me in any way thanks but no thanks. Just noticed it was the first thing. Like when you watch a "truther video" and it starts off with sad music. I turn it off immediately and go do something constructive.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

If you think reading a biased article will help me in any way thanks but no thanks. Just noticed it was the first thing. Like when you watch a "truther video" and it starts off with sad music. I turn it off immediately and go do something constructive.

Well if you don't read it how are you going to know?

I read a lot of things on this forum I don't agree with 100%, but there are things that I find in those post that are thought provoking.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

That's a fantastic post, Desert

True in every word

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Well if you don't read it how are you going to know?

I already know the information is biased. Example:

AP Pittsburgh PA
The Moon is red...

and I just quit reading. Deny Ignorance and all. Obama isn't a nazi and so anything that starts off implying he is is worthless to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Barack Obama delivered a nationally-televised press conference at 8 p.m. on July 22nd, in which on five separate occasions he called for health reform legislation featuring the establishment of "an independent board of doctors and health care experts" to make the life-and-death decisions of what care to provide, and what not, based on cost-effectiveness criteria--exactly the infamous "T-4" policy imposed by Adolf Hitler in 1939, for which the Nazi regime was tried and condemned at Nuremberg.

www.larouchepac.com...

I don't know what kind of preson this LaRouche guy is or what his agenda is, I just found this on the web, yup,

Is this the same as the T-4 policy for which the Nazi regime was tried and condemned at Nuremberg?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

and I just quit reading. Deny Ignorance and all. Obama isn't a nazi and so anything that starts off implying he is is worthless to me.

Check my above post,
why are you so angry they called Bush a nazi.

Did you get this angry when it was Bush being called a Nazi?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

They called Bush a lot of things. They said Bush would become a dictator. They said Bush would enact NSPD 51 and become a dictator.

None of it happened.

They said there would be martial law because of bird flu. They said they would force vaccines on us and put us all in FEMA camps.

It never happened.

See any co-relation?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It'll be ok. You know what they say .. 90% of the things we go grey worrying about ... never happen. You'll be fine .. you'll go out bungy-jumping into a mountain of marshmallows at age 99, wearing a baby pink jumpsuit with a plunging neckline. ok ?

That sounds awesome, actually,

One of the things I like about getting older is I feel I can be myself for the first time in my life and use old age as my excuse.

I loved ALL of the above
So true, so true.

My comment about the kidney treatment was more along the line that it was a complete waste. The doctors knew it at the time, but it was what was expected to be done in a hospital situation, even when someone who is in the natural dying process is brought in. Until my mother questioned it after witnessing her mother suffering and after the doctor said that if it were his mother he would let her die naturally, nothing was being done but keeping someone alive who would have been dead already.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Dunno, but here's what was on offer for elderly members of Inuit tribes in the past, according to an article I read many years ago.

The men caught the seals and other animals and it was the women's job to soften the skins to be used for clothing, etc. In order to do this, the women had to bite and chew the stiff, hard skins to soften them.

When a woman's teeth had been worn down after many years of this task, they were unable to contribute to their family.

Life was hard for the Inuit. They could not afford to carry any member who did not pull their weight.

So, when the family was gathered around for the evening meal, the old women would creep out of the igloo, taking care not to draw attention. All members of the family were of course aware of what was to happen, but it was important that they, also, pretended not to know.

The old woman would walk as far away from the igloo as she could, often in driving snow and always in bitter cold. When exhausted, she would fall to the ground and await her fate at the hands of the polar bears who hung around the camp.

There was an illustration with the article. It's burned in my mind, although it must be 20 or more years since I saw it. It showed a frail old woman on the snow, gazing in resignation at the massive polar bear looming above her.

I'd accept the nice needle full of morphine any day over a fate like that.

edited to add that this post was in response to Storm's below post

Storm quote:

www.larouchepac.com...

I don't know what kind of preson this LaRouche guy is or what his agenda is, I just found this on the web, yup,

Is this the same as the T-4 policy for which the Nazi regime was tried and condemned at Nuremberg?

[edit on 8-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Yup those things I do know to be true St Vaast, but they also didn't have modern technology.

You know I wouldn't mind at all walking off into the sunset.

But it should be a choice.

Shouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Hi Desert, my mother lived for 12 years with cancer that the doctors told her would take her in two years,

Doctors aren't always right.

I was happy to have her watch my children grow and be a part of their lives and upbringing,

Remember the old have much wisdom to offer, even if nothing else.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Remember the old have much wisdom to offer, even if nothing else.

Yes the elderly can have much wisdom to offer but they also aren't immune to having their ideology get in the way of common sense.

and that would be....

My mother, may she rest in peace as her life was spent in fear of something that didn't even exist. Lost all capacity to experience joy and
spent her days in fear and hate and tried to make everyone around her as miserable as she was.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Wow, I hadn't heard of Lyndon LaRouche in years, but apparently he AND his ideas haven't died. And, now I'm beginning to suspect that his movement has some involvement in these town halls, what with the type of disruptive tactics being used.

LaRouche is sooo far to the left, that he's pretty much fallen off the respectable political spectrum. A "left protofascist", IOW a fascist lookalike. Usually we associate fascism with the right, but here's a case where the spectrum ends meet. This type of social behavior is uncalled for, whether from the left or the right. I can see where those who also have fallen off the right side of the respectable political spectrum can embrace over certain issues. I personally remember meeting people at both extremes who were like this. I'm beginning to understand even more how Nazi Germany could exist, drawing in people to support their extreme ideas.

ATS here

The LaRouche movement is seen by some as a fringe political cult or a cult of personality. The Washington Post wrote:

Becoming a faithful follower of LaRouche is like entering the Bizarro World of the Superman comic books", says Paul Kacprzak, 45, who joined LaRouche as an idealistic teenager in the 1970s and worked for him for about a decade. As long as you stay inside the movement, everything you are told makes a certain sense. But if you try to view it from the outside, he says, 'it's Bizarro World.'
According to longtime critics Chip Berlet and Matthew N. Lyons:

Though often dismissed as a bizarre political cult, the LaRouche organization and its various front groups are a fascist movement whose pronouncements echo elements of Nazi ideology. Beginning in the 1970s, the LaRouchites combined populist antielitism with attacks on leftists, environmentalists, feminists, gay men and lesbians, and organized labor. They advocated a dictatorship in which a 'humanist' elite would rule on behalf of industrial capitalists. They developed an idiosyncratic, coded variation on the Illuminati Freemason and Jewish banker conspiracy theories. Their views, though exotic, were internally consistent and rooted in right-wing populist traditions.

source

I don't mean to derail this good thread, just wanted to add this info.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
here is another angle

Why They Really Want to Kill Off the Elderly and Disabled

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

If the trust fund were filled with corporate bonds or bonds issued by foreign governments, the sale of trust fund assets would not have any effect on the Federal deficit. But because the trust fund contains nothing but Treasury IOUs, it will have an effect on the deficit. It will raise it.

This means that funds from general revenues must pay Medicare obligations this year. Problem: General revenues in fiscal 2009 are expected to be $1.8 trillion in the red...Part of that general fund deficit is covered by Social Security revenues (FICA). These revenues are paid into Social Security by employers and employees. Excess revenues after Social Security payouts are transferred to the Treasury in exchange for nonmarketable IOU's from the Treasury.

The increase in the debt for Social Security's trust fund does not appear on the on-budget debt of the U.S. government, i.e., the debt reported by the various government debt clocks. It is off-budget debt. The public is unaware of this.

This cookie jar is expected to be empty in 2017, as the Trustees report. But the recession is creating unemployment. Unemployed people do not pay FICA taxes. So, the 2017 date is optimistic. The cookie jar could be empty as early as 2013, according to Prof. Kent Smetters of the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.

Smetters is an expert on the issue of the two programs' trust funds. His 2005 testimony before Congress on the off-budget unfunded liability -- $83 trillion -- is here (pdf).
Like Bernie Madoff's scam, the government's medicare/social security scam is about to be overloaded with money demands. The government won't be able to meet these demands given its current expenditures and income stream. Aside from printing money, the only option the government has is to cut expenditures. Got the picture? So where are they going to cut? The young that they can patch up and put back into the workforce, or those whose working days are over?

If you are no longer working, the government considers you a burden. You have already had your "good years". (Translation: "Good years" = Taxpaying years)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Wow, I hadn't heard of Lyndon LaRouche in years,

Yea me either, I remember he wasn't very well liked,

He he is far left why isn't he on Obama's side?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

My mother, may she rest in peace as her life was spent in fear of something that didn't even exist. Lost all capacity to experience joy and
spent her days in fear and hate and tried to make everyone around her as miserable as she was.

awww, that was a sad thing to say.

[edit on 013131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
[edit on 023131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

He he is far left why isn't he on Obama's side?

First, there is the myth about Obama that he is far left; Obama is left center, slighter lefter than H Clinton but to the right of John Edwards and the likes of Ralph Nader (both calling him and Clinton, "corporate democrats").

IMO 2 things...
1. LaRouche is sooo far to the left that anyone to his right is "not left", and Obama is soooo far to LR right that Obama (as a supposed leftist) deserves special attention as someone worthy of LR's diatribes. Little wonder his supporters put a Hitler mustache on Obama's image source

2. LR has had trouble since 1977 with racism

In 1977, La Rouche stated that African Americans who demand equal rights are obsessed with "zoological specifications of microconstituences' self interests" and "distinctions which would be proper to the classification of varieties of monkeys and baboons."

source

in a 2008 speech...

LaRouche delivers racist rant (April 12) against Senator Obama, slams Obama's mother for race mixing. "If you chase his [Obama's] family tree, everybody's climbing and swinging from the branches....Every monkey in every tree, from every part of the world, has participated in the sexual act of producing him."

source

Listening to LR is like starting up a conversation with what appears to be a sane person. At first the conversation is rational, then the person will say something so off the wall, that one knows immediately all the marbles are not in the bag.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join