It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Go To Cars.Gov!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

The site is there but it is really slow. I can't find the page they were on. I'm wondering if it got changed. I think it say "Dealer Support" in the heading but I don't find it so it must be accessible after registering I'm thinking. If so its only an issue to dealers?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sure, in the 45 minutes since you made your post, they've managed to totally rewrite all of the html and .php code that runs the site.

Jeez.......

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork
Actually, the policy in general makes sense. For instance, if someone attaches to the network at my workplace....I can freely consider that computer part of our system and treat is as such.

So the Sys Admins of the Federal Government's network are a group of no-nonsense professionals......

Big friggin' deal.....

Bull friggin #e! If you want to let your rights erode like sands through the hourglass, that's your business.

I personally don't want the govt to have access to my stuff much let own it.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OK, I can't find that page. The site must be getting hammered because of Beck and the fact they extended the program. Sometimes it will open and sometimes it will not.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cranberrydork

Actually this came from somebody who called it in to his radio program. I have no idea how many hours ago that was, do you?

I'm thinking now it is a page accessible by Dealers after they register.

No need to be rude. Some of us are adults here. But then some are not.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well, if you learn anything at all about this situation - think twice before you consent to any privacy agreement on any website, especially a govt web site.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
While I'm not too savvy in the mysterious ways of the internet, I see this as simply you agreeing to allow foreign nationals to access your data if you wish to use the services this site provides, much as when you go to a Doctors visit and sign off on allowing all past doctors to access your info.
With the rising that is sure to come from the people, I am dumbfounded as to why they would not have thought this through more.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

It seems pretty in your face to me. You use this site, we own your system. I'd think they would at least word it so nobody could understand it, like they do everything else

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You people are pathetic. The terms that are freaking everybody out are seen by the car dealers when they access cars.gov to get their rebate. If you cut and paste the boiler plate found on the Beck show into a little thing called GOOGLEyou will get thousands of hits from all kind of city, state and federal goverment websites. Those terms usually popped up when a third party entity (a gun dealer for instance) is accessing a government website. This has been a standard security agreement for over 10 years and no one has every complained. If you want to believe that Obama is seizing your computer, go right ahead. I suggest you not watch Glenn Beck if you are going to believe everything he says, because a small fraction of his show is based on reality.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
sorry but my gut reaction to reading the OP was

whether this particular this is true or not, they already can and do do what this states and have been doing it forever. they can and do do anything they want to do. notice the bigger and bigger push by every networking and email site for ALL your vital information? unless you're a mega savant, there's not a thing you can do online anymore than can't be traced.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by meltdownmadness

I starred your post because you said what I wanted to say, in exactly the fashion I wanted to say it.

Be warned.....(please take this the right way)....the "straight up", caustic response, makes many people all butthurt here at ATS.....I'm just sayin'. Just jumping in and closing out a discussion with some clear-headed thinking, has a really weird affect on the readership.

It's a fine line ya' gotta' walk.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cranberrydork

Thanks. Don't really care about the readership. Just trying to straighten out another lie spread by Glenn Beck.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks Blaine for the head's up. I've never heard of the site, and have less reason now than I did four minutes ago for not going there. That sounds smartass, I know, but I mean it, thanks.

I remember when I used to access various goverment -- public-accessible -- computers for crunching this or that and similar warnings would pop up, and some of them worse.. I remember thinking how I might break out in a sweat if that happened on my HOME computer. I mean, this thing here, it's my ONLY link to the outside world and events and all the people and............. STUFF!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm not sure of the specifics, but I would imagine it IS a tracking cookie that they use to gain access to your internet history.

As far as facebook goes, I'm not too sure about that one. I've never even once accessed the site. I'm just relaying what I've deduced from other folks' testimony.
There have been a few threads about it on this site, actually.

To try and paraphrase someone else's complaint about it... Guy logs on and almost immediately starts getting suggestions about who he should add as a friend. They suggest that he add his ex-wife. Why? I guess because she shares similar interests and is close to the same age.

I don't like it.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Come on guys....

This is to protect the website against hackers who would want to try to get into it and try and have fun with a federal run website

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Just FoxNews stirring up more fear and paranoia.

FoxEntertainment would be more appropriate since they don't know how to report real news.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Janitor From Mars]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by meltdownmadness
You people are pathetic.

Has it ever occurred to you to explain why people are wrong and present your case instead of using the Kindergarten method of calling people names

all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed

So, what is on a car dealers computer's? If it is like the computer's in my office it contains plenty.

Customers names.
Employees names.
Family members names.
Social Security Numbers.
Physical address.
Mailing address.'
Age.
Sex.
Credit rating.
Copies of credit applications including credit denials.

Now if the government absorbs all this it is then on their system in the CARS Program.

Now that information is now available to -
"authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign"

...and all their employees.

Now how do you suppose identities are stolen? We all know that government computers, which I doubt are all that secure in the CARS Program not being of a national security nature, are hacked all of the time.

On the Dealers system, access would be extremely limited as they are on my system. Care would be taken to secure it fully. Is that so on the CARS system I wonder? Do you know?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm almost certain this is Jason Lucas of GLP's doing. Google GLP and tavistock for details.

On a side note, don't hop on the Glenn Beck bandwagon. He's peddling the red koolaid real hard. And by red I mean Republican. And by Republican I mean opportunistic fascist dystopian oligarchy. Dems not excluded.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This is completely overblown...

GB is a certified nutter

littlegreenfootballs.com...

Although the language of the dealer’s agreement might seem a little over-zealous (a common problem in “terms of service” agreements), it’s a lot more understandable when you realize it’s intended to apply to dealers who are entering into a business agreement with the government to dispose of clunkers. And it appears on a secure website that allows dealers to log into the government’s financial system. The page is named: supplierpayments.esc.gov.

This whole “issue” is pure tin foil.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join