It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 sect followers murdered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

200 sect followers murdered

www.news.com.au

THE deputy leader of a Nigerian Islamist sect has been killed along with about 200 followers as they tried to flee the northern city of Maiduguri.

"A deputy leader of the Taliban by the name Abubakar Shekau was in the early hours of today killed along with 200 followers by Nigerian troops," the police officer said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Unfortunately, that's the entire news story! Obviously there's got to be more details to follow.

How do 200 people get murdered in 2009? That's a significant number of people to be killed together...

I'll be interested to find out if they were armed. The fact that they were fleeing wouldn't suggest that they would be fighting back - right?

As much as I hate typing it, they can sort out their own mess. There's no easy solution to the problems we face when this kind of murder spree can happen.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Tezz

I dont have any background on Taliban in NIgeria, but I've had a look around, thanks for the link.

These stories below can also be plants to justify ethnic cleansing...who knows????

Heres what Ive found on them...

In addition to numerous national problems of fuel scarcity, poverty, banditry, unemployment and ecological dangers, the people of the north-eastern region and indeed the entire nation were last week stunned by the eruption of a new form of civil insurrection by a group of youths who style themselves the ‘Taliban.’ The violent clash between security agents and the youths who reportedly sought to establish an independent Muslim state close to Nigeria’s boarder with Niger Republic have sent chills of fear across the nation of a new era of religious and social insurgence.

Although people did comment on their unusual presence in the area, nothing dramatic happened until one week ago when the group suddenly surfaced in Kanamma town and attacked the police station there. Weekly Trust gathered that in addition to attacking the police station and killing one policeman, the Hijrah members carted away a list of arms and ammunitions after reportedly setting the police station and other public places on fire.
Among the issues they raised were their plan to ‘curve out’ the areas around Kanamma, Yunusari and Toshiya out of Nigeria and to bring them under the control of an Islamic state, to place the areas under the leadership of Mullah Umar, presumably the fugitive former leader of the Taliban movement in Afghanistan, to kill any ‘unbeliever in uniform’ (presumably policemen and soldiers) and to call on the Muslims in the country to rise up for Jihad (Holy War) to defend Islam and establish justice.

www.biafraland.com...
Its an interesting read

And this.

The men dressed in red turbans and long robes and carrying machine guns and machetes handed out amulets that they said would protect people in the coming fight. They went among the Muslim and Christian residents in the northern Nigerian city of Kano saying they meant no harm; their gripe was solely with the national government for failing to live by the Qur'an. The next day the hundreds of fighters, who included women and some children, attacked the police headquarters, killing 10 policemen and a divisional commander's wife. The police station was set ablaze, vehicles were burned and prisoners freed.

Sharia came to Kano on a wave of popular support in northern Nigeria among voters who hoped it would curb rampant corruption. The state introduced a form of religious police to enforce dress codes, ban the sale of beer and impose a bar on male-driven motorbike taxis carrying women. Earlier this year the national government won a court ruling disbanding the religious police as illegal, to the fury of more radical Islamists.

www.guardian.co.uk...

According to the indictment, the resources were delivered to "Taliban" operatives in Maiduguri in northeastern Borno state "to facilitate the spread of extremism and various acts and techniques of terrorism." The "Nigerian Taliban," which refers to itself as the Muhajirun ("migrants") movement, first appeared around 2003 and was composed, like the Afghan group whose name they adopted, primarily of religious students. Inspired by the latter's vision of an Islamic state run in accord with an extremist interpretation of the Muslim faith, the Nigerian radicals abandoned Maiduguri and, like the prophet of Islam Muhammad who left Mecca for Media, "migrated" away – although in this case the "migration" (hijra) meant moving from the city to the rough bush of Yobe state near the border with Niger.

worlddefensereview.com...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Even a superficial look at Nigeria's history will show you that this kind of ordeal is common place there.

In May 1999 violence erupted in Kaduna State over the succession of an Emir resulting in more than 100 deaths. In November 1999, the army destroyed the town of Odi, Bayelsa State and killed scores of civilians in retaliation for the murder of 12 policemen by a local gang. In Kaduna in February-May 2000 over 1,000 people died in rioting over the introduction of criminal Shar'ia in the State. Hundreds of ethnic Hausa were killed in reprisal attacks in southeastern Nigeria. In September 2001, over 2,000 people were killed in inter-religious rioting in Jos. In October 2001, hundreds were killed and thousands displaced in communal violence that spread across the states of Benue, Taraba, and Nasarawa.

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thanks for that information. I can't even check Google Maps with my slow dial-up.

It seems like there's trouble brewing over there.

Surely, amongst the 200 dead, there would have been women and children? Your articles mentioned some of the attackers were women and children.

Crazy... Let their gods sort them out.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Now that's what should be done to rid ourself of the murderers, a hand for a hand, an eye for an eye. Forget being 'humane' when dealing with the undeniable terrorists, do unto others as you shall have done to you.

'God' bless any innocents that may have been caught up in the mess, just as 'god' bless all innocents.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sed Non Credo

I see.
Will your "God" bless those that killed said innocents? Do unto others as you shall have done to you... I guess that means that according to you the families of these innocents are now entitled to go get retribution as well?

I think human history has more than proven that the whole "my God is bigger than yours" approach to political and social issues doesn't really work. The only solution that religion has ever offered to any conflict is genocide.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTrueFiction
reply to post by Sed Non Credo

I see.
Will your "God" bless those that killed said innocents? Do unto others as you shall have done to you... I guess that means that according to you the families of these innocents are now entitled to go get retribution as well?

I think human history has more than proven that the whole "my God is bigger than yours" approach to political and social issues doesn't really work. The only solution that religion has ever offered to any conflict is genocide.

You see nothing, you create false assumptions and place your beliefs upon me. How on earth "do unto others as you shall have done to you" means family members should be given the same punishment is beyond me. Note the word "You" in the quote section, "You" does not cover 'your family,' oddly enough.

And note I mentioned the word 'god,' I carefully note it like that as I do not directly believe in any of our documented religions. But I do however accepted that, who knows, perhaps some form of creator is out there.

Then you go on about solutions to conflict relating to god, note again... they where two different paragraphs. My solution was in actual fact suggesting the death of evil murderers that kill only for dictactorship is no loss, that in my eyes no loss to this planet. If anything, it's progression.

Edit: actually I see what you mean about the families, missed the word retribution. Yes of course, it is incredibly unfortunate if there where any innocents. But likewise, would the majority of the terrorists have offered you the same consideration?

Anyway I can't be bothered with the righteous path you're going down, you have your opinion I have mine. I don't want to explain myself to someone that clearly thinks differently in this instance, it'll clearly go nowhere of any use.

I'll just leave it at, nothing is easy in this 'game,' just I say "do unto others as you shall have done to you."

[edit on 30/7/09 by Sed Non Credo]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Good riddance to the bastard i hope he died painfully and slowly!
That Islamic sect condone suicide bombings and beheadings it also said "tried" to flee which means they tried to fight their way through the soldiers barricades.

*Ring's the bells* 200 down a further 2,000,000+ to go!

No mercy to the Islamic extremists they show none

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Almost all the unrest, division and destruction in Africa is due to foreign companies trying to control the nations - it is purely part of the larger NWO operation across the globe to eliminate populations, and seize resources.

Foreign agents are almost always part of these problems - supplying weapons, training and inciting racial, religious and political differences for their own purposes.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Apparently Abubakar Shekau was the leader of a Taliban style group, Boko Haram, who wanted to impose Sharia Law upon the whole of Nigeria.

Trouble flared when members of Boko Haram, which translates as 'Western education is sinful', were arrested for 'planning an attack on a police station'.
As a result supporters attacked churches, police stations and various other government buildings.
Government forces retaliated by routing out Boko Haram members resulting in major confrontations.
These confrontations spread to some neighbouring areas.

During these confrontations 95 captives of Boko Haram were also rescued and released.

These 200 people were not murdered.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

uk.news.yahoo.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Almost all the unrest, division and destruction in Africa is due to foreign companies trying to control the nations - it is purely part of the larger NWO operation across the globe to eliminate populations, and seize resources.

Foreign agents are almost always part of these problems - supplying weapons, training and inciting racial, religious and political differences for their own purposes.

Absolute nonsense!
How did 'The West' gain by all the racial and tribal warfare that occured in Rwanda or Dhafur.

The vast majority of Africa's problems is down to African's themselves and the inherent tribal and religous differences and the engrained corruption that is rampant throughout the continent.

Africa needs to accept some responsibility itself and stop the blaming the world for it's ill's.
Then it will be able to develop and achieve the potential it so obviously has.

Africa is a wonderful and magical place with many, many wonderful people.
But they have to shake off the shackles that still bind them...and them shackles are not Western owned!

new topics

top topics

join