It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone actually KNOW anyone who has Swine Flu???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Something seems fishy to me. I can't name one person I know who has swine flu. To be honest, I haven't heard anyone even actually talk about someone having it in real life. The only reason I know it exists is because of the news! I live in the Los Angeles metro area... not exactly off the beaten path. Someone out here should have swine flu.

I'm just curious if anyone here knows of someone who actually contracted the H1N1 virus.

There was a news article today on Reuters that said:

H1N1 swine flu is now so widespread that the World Health Organization has stopped counting individual cases.

Is it really that widespread? Can anyone report cases???

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, I don't know anyone either. Although a teacher did faint at my school, and people were saying he had swine flu. But I don't really believe that.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A friend of mine in the UK was diagnosed with Swine Flu couple weeks ago. She went to the doctor and ended up getting Tamiflu prescribed to them. The doctor's and nurses told her several things like how Tamiflu would make her better in 24 hours and all kinds of other things.

Funny thing to me was she would ask me if she had any questions about the flu or things related to what they had told her there because she didn't believe what they were telling her. She did take the Tamiflu though, and was better by the end of the week regardless with nothing more then your regular Flu cycle of annoyances.

Being a bit chatty by nature I have a lot of people I talk to all around the globe and she's the only one I've known or even heard of anyone knowing that has had it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zieg7410

That's exactly it. It seems like doctors, reporters, government officials, etc. are just jumping to these conclusions that if someone is sick right now, they have swine flu. All of this just builds on my suspicions about this thing being a giant moneymaking scheme for people like Donny Rumsfeld.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have a feeling that if you have absolutely any cold/flu symptom even down to as little as a headache you are automaticly a swine flu statistic well that's the way it seems anyway.

It seems in this case in the UK at least they can diagnose you over the internet or over a helpline it'd be interesting to see if someone tryed to fail that could they?

Imagine the hysteria they are going to start in an actual flu season what's the betting they attribute everything the seasonal flu does to swine flu as well.

link   
reply to post by paradigm619

Well my daughter has had it, got the tamiflu - made her briefly a little more sick (probably the dosage is strong on one that age)

2 days later she was right as rain and happy again.

No big conspiracy just flu and something resolved by very easily accessible drugs here in the UK and a very efficient health service - at least in my case.

link   
Me,my two daughters and several people i know have had Swine flu. Wasnt as bad as i expected. Weve all recovered very well. Im in the U.K by the way.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just to add in my daughters school and amongst friends here we have counted about 12 cases - diagnosed cases rather than here say - we know all the families involved and all have recounted similar stories.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i know at least 6 people who have had it. they are all fine now after some tamiflu. but i do wonder where the confirmation of having H1N1 as opposed to normal flu comes from. and how's it getting on in the US? as wide spread as here in the uk, in patches?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A couple of my friends have had it. One had a fairly serious case and had to spend a few days in hospital, probably because she's an overweight asthmatic heavy smoker... fine now though.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am convinced that just about everyone I know had it over the last 4-6 weeks, but they were not testing for it in my county!! Everybody had bad coughs, muscle and joint aches, hayfever symptoms, tiredness, etc. And this was in June/July when colds and flus are unheard of in Florida.

Doctors would prescribe Tamiflu, or other things to treat symptoms, but unless you died they were not testing.

My brother's two-year old got prescribed Tamiflu, but they didn't give it to him, and he was better in about 10 days.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Disinfo Agent

Strangest thing though - Im asthmatic and a smoker - was mildly ill when my daughter had it - but didn't get the full dose.

I think its an age thing as well - the flu we were exposed to as kids probably matters a lot here.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You do now.

infinite is recovering from Swine Flu.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
My question is, how are they so sure it's going to come back and be so much worse?????? This I don't understand.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

The premiss by the media and some of the scientists is that the virus may mutate and hit again.

Given the hype over the current decimation this virus was supposed to cause i am of a mind that this is just more hype.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by paradigm619

No I dont know of anyone.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You'll start to see more cases once the vaccines are out.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradigm619

H1N1 swine flu is now so widespread that the World Health Organization has stopped counting individual cases.

Is it really that widespread? Can anyone report cases???

Although I do know of at least one ATS member who has the swine flu (she is just fine btw), the whole WHO/CDC counting cases thing is a sham.

Please read:

www.NaturalNews.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yes - A work colleague's wife and my company has just implemented its Swine Flu policy to ensure we as an organisation can continue to operate.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

I have been going to neurologist for chronic migraines and they haven't tried to diagnose me with Swine flu. About a month ago I got some sort of flu, it was really bad,pukin my guts out for three days. Eventually I was pukin up blood as I had nothing else to puke, I had to go to the ER it was so bad, still not diagnosed with swine flu. Then again I think there was only a handful of cases in Minnesota and, only one of them actually died, it was an infant. I just dont think its as bad as they claim. I believe it effects the young, old, and ones that are already sick or have weak immune systems...

PEACE!!!

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join