It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone actually KNOW anyone who has Swine Flu???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i strongly believe that my family had it early this year, before it really "blew up" aka got blown outta proportion. the only reason i feel confident saying that is at the tail end of that illness making it around my S.O.s work one of his coworkers got so ill she could barely breathe and after going to the doctor was confirmed as having had H1N1.
i'm willing to bet it had been circulating among the coworkers there for at least a month or so.

so there you have it, my family, suspected.
and one confirmed case from a coworker.
not to mention that the WHO said in May, i believe, that if you are sick with a flu you can safely bet it is "swine flu" as it is was so widespread and they had even at that time sort of given up counting individuals unless they were being hospitalized.

they've never had their numbers right.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mer Ka Bah

Please be more specific - admittedly the vaccine may cause a spike in cases - due to the resident effects the vaccine may have - but that's all - a spike and a short lived one at that.

Scaremongering the vaccine is neither clever nor sensible - there are at risk portions of the population that should take the jab.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Infinite, I have a question for you. If you don't mind answering. What are your symptoms??? I ask because a few weeks ago I was sicker then I ever was. Now, I never go to the docs, never had a flu shot, haven't even had the flu in years or any sicknesses for that matter. I also have 4 kids who are bringing germs into the house left and right, but I never catch anything from them. well, when I got sick a few weeks ago, it lasted for almost 2 weeks, severe dizziness, low grade fever, horrible stomach cramps and sleepiness. I still wonder what it was I had because it lasted so long and the dizziness and headaches was the worse!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
reply to post by Mer Ka Bah

Please be more specific - admittedly the vaccine may cause a spike in cases - due to the resident effects the vaccine may have - but that's all - a spike and a short lived one at that.

Scaremongering the vaccine is neither clever nor sensible - there are at risk portions of the population that should take the jab.

I entirely disagree. I am not against all vaccines. Some are necessary, but not this one. The flu is not severe, the risk of death is very, very low, but the side effects of the vaccine are high! Cost/Benefit Analysis says skip this vaccine!

It has not been thoroughly tested. It has not seen human or clinical trials. It was known to have numerous side effects in the 70's scare. And, the makers of the vaccine have been given legal immunity for any damages caused!!

Not fear-mongering, just looking at situational facts and risks vs. rewards. This is a bad gamble, bad investment, bad decision.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you. I think at this point it's pretty clear that there are legitimate reasons why taking the vaccine could be a bad idea. I'm not going to jump straight to the conclusion that this is all a big conspiracy, but I can say for sure that the risks seem to outweigh the benefits when it comes to the swine flu vaccine.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
For what its worth my friends wife was a nurse, her eight year old son contracted swine flu, I visited them four days into the virus and he had the same symptoms as a cold, although she had the vaccine she skipped it because of the side effects.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I had a mild form of it myself back in May-June. I never once went to the Doctors or even took anything more than Headache Tablets for my cough. I want my immune system to get stronger from this (which it has) so now if anything else worse comes along then I wont be one who was drugged up and had my immune system destroyed.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My hairdressers friend told her she knows of a women down the road whose father lived next door to someone who told him that she had spoken to her aunt who knew a man whose wife's sister brother-in-law was coughing and had a temperature....

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A guy I went to High School with was the first and only fatality of H1N1 Influenza in our State. The media says that he had pre-existing Immuno-Deficiency Disorders although they didn't state whether this was from having Pneumonia simultaneous to H1N1, or whether it was from HIV, or any of the 80 recognized primary immunodeficiency syndromes, or acquired immunodeficiency from a secondary source such as cancer, leukemia, chemotherapy, etc. It is nice to know that the Media is showing respect by not airing his dirty laundry to the public.

Also, an entire Summer School Field Trip in my town caught H1N1 and didn't know it. Their infection was discovered when their plane landed in China. They have been kept under quarantine for the past two weeks in a Chinese Hotel. All of the students are doing fine and none of them were symptomatic other than an increased body temperature.

However, those is the only instances I personally know of relating to H1N1 Influenza.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My biz partner just emailed me an hour ago saying she is down with 'suspected' Swine Flu.

I said not to worry, but if she breaks out in rashers to use plenty of oinkment and it should only last a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

She replied "I am looking rather pinky but not so perky"

true story

[edit on 30/7/09 by RogerT]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

YES..exactly. I live in Florida and when the Swine Flu first came out me, my Mom and son all had each of the symptoms but when I went to the doctors and even said "I think I have the Swine Flu", he sorta laughed and asked if I traveled to Mexico recently. Anyway, it was rough and I felt terrible and it lasted for about 3 weeks but then I fully recovered. The Dr. first prescribed me a low dosage of antibiotics then 2 weeks later the z-pak.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I live in Australia and know of three people who know people who have or had swine flu. As far as I am concerned that's two degrees of separation....getting a little too close for comfort!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have a former employee that got it. He is an extreme athlete that runs track and played highschool football. He was a pretty good pole vaulter in fact. Young, 21 years old. He got the swine flu back in May. He was very very sick. Lost his voice for about 3 weeks. He said it was as sick as he has ever been in his life.

I thought it was a hoax, until he got it.

That said, I would much rather have the swine flu than the vax. I will not ever take any shot, mandatory or not.

It could kill you.

Swine flu won't.

This important.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
In my town in Missouri 30 kids at summer camp got the swine flu. My parents neighbors were at the camp and the mother has also contracted it. Now the daughter has developed bronchitis and the mother has pneumonia. They were both healthy healthy prior to this.

Last week a coworker was out with the swine flu and had also battled a stomach parasite. She was back at work this week and said it was the worst pain she's ever experienced. Her family all got the swine flu and some spent time in the hospital. She always seemed extremely healthy to me and she's in her early 40s. I'm not sure she had the parasite first or the flu, but it appears many people who get the swine flu, contract another issue and that is concerning to me. Not to mention I'm pregnant and a week away from my due date. It seems like a lot of people are coming down with it around me and women in my condition are at a higher risk for major complications or fatality.

I think the swine flu is very real in the US and I think we're going to start seeing a lot more stories about this in the news in the next week.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
yup.... my little 2nd cousin has it as we speak, My sisters patrners work mates ( x3 in total ) have it.... and I heard before that some other members of my non-immediate family in Australia had there illness confrmed as Swine flu earlier in the week....

there are actual cases out !!! and more Everyday are bieng reported in the UK according to the papers and main stream media.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
closest I've come is a couple of weeks ago I was at the bank and the teller was sneezing and hacking and coughing.....you could tell the guy was sick as a dog with the flu.

No telling how many people he killed that day.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Had it, got over it.

Dont know about everywhere else, but here in Australia theyve basically given up on it it seems. Unless youre in a risk group (young, old, pre-existing condition) they dont even test you for it initially.

I had what I assumed to be a normal flu, but ended up having to go to a doctor a 2nd time because it was kicking my arse so hard. Of course, by the time I got the results back, Id already had a week off work anyway, and was comming out the other side. If I was going to pass it on to anyone, I would have done it already.

To whoever asked about symptoms...For me, it was the usual stuff, except where as I might normally get 2 or 3 of the bagload of flu symptoms, this time I got them all. Cough, sneeze, headache, fever, chills, no apetite, and when i did eat it came straight back out through one end or the other, zero energy, aches everywhere, dizzyness/lighthead...

Besides it taking an extra few days to get over, and generally being more full on than any other flu ive ever had, I never once felt like I had anything more than a really bad flu.

And no, there was no attempt to load me up on random drugs or anything. Like I said, its like weve given up trying to contain it, are accepting the fact its going around, and unless there are complications, are treating it like any other flu.

Of course, thats just my story, YMMV.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
yeah a mate from my class had it, was absent for a week or so. It's real, no conspiracy here.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
No conspiracy here, one of my mates at University had it.... after about a week it had gone.

No conspiracy, just a load of hype.

Mikey

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
i know of a friend who's girl has it, he seems to have dodged a bullet.

at work, ive spoke to a few people that have it, or their partners have it and they cant speak.

its deffinitelly out their!! its not a myth as i first thought,.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join