It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Aloof, Bernanke Goes Barnstorming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Forget Aloof, Bernanke Goes Barnstorming

www.nytimes.com...

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Ben S. Bernanke, the chairman of the Federal Reserve, is on a publicity campaign with a message: the central bank is here to help, and it is not as mysterious or menacing as people might think.

In a profound departure from the central bank’s tradition as an aloof and secretive temple of economic policy, Mr. Bernanke has plunged into the public spotlight to an extent that none of his predecessors would have contemplated
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-7-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 7/27/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is got to be a joke !! The foriegn banking conglomerate : 'The Federal Reserve' is sending a message, " The central bank is here to help". ?? This is the same 'Federal Reserve ' who recently can't account for a half a Trillion Dollars. www.youtube.com... More importantly the same Federal Reserve that has curved the history of our Government (H.R. 11110 ) vids.myspace.com...

www.nytimes.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-7-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yes!!! Our government loves us!!! I knew it all along!! The naysayers were wrong and I must go to sleep. (joke)

Haha. Nice try. The Ron Paul education campaign wasn't for not. The only way the fed will improve their image is by jumping ship and giving Congress the control of money as is said in the constitution which they so have the right to do so.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
The Ron Paul education campaign wasn't for not.

Ummm, didn't they just shoot down his bill to audit the Fed? Didn't they just start a new round of discrediting him and making him appear to be a 'kook'?

It was all for naught. Ron Paul is going to be lost in the dust. Too little, too late, too few listeners. Ron Paul = Jeremiah.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
lol, lipstick on a pig.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Ummm, didn't they just shoot down his bill to audit the Fed?

No, that was S604.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Isn't the house supposed to have hearings on it or something? That's the last I've heard about the bill.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There is only 1 way to improve the image of the FED
tear it down and leave it in a pile of rubble; try the ones known to have been a part of these financial issues and imprison them. The rest should be given latrine duty the rest of their working days for letting it happen on their watch

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
No, that was S604.

You're right - good catch on that one. (have there been that many Senate resolutions already?) But the point is that Paul's efforts to examine the Fed are going to get buried. He is being treated like a crank. His endeavors will amount to NOTHING.

He is espousing old ideas - like the Constitution - that will get nowhere in our New Model Congress. S604, HR99999, whatever... If a bill limits your rights and increases government it will get passed. If the bill is seeking to empower the American people, defend liberty or is just common sense then you can expect it to die a quick and quiet death.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If they want to improve the image of the Fed, they certainly shouldn't have sent Bernanke to do it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This is worse than the line, "I'm from the government; I'm here to help you." I thought I would never hear anything worse than that then here is it, "I'm from the central bank and I'm here to help you."

So if you are here to help me, why are you devaluing our currency and keeping interest rates abnormally low? Why do you refuse to be audited? Why do you not willingly put forth your balance sheet? Why do you threaten the members of congress with economic Armageddon if they pass a law to audit the central bank?

If that is the kind of help I get from you, then I want none of it. I'm going to have nightmares now.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I would agree. It's like to us- we see Bernanke just gave all of these trillion dollars to these multinational companies, and, to these bankers. And- now he wants to improve his image? Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Maybe it's just because of all of the youtube videos of him in congressional hearings but Bernanke is just too reserved and it makes me feel like he's just a pathological liar. I don't trust one single thing he says and now they're sending HIM out? Unless they're trying to destroy the Fed's image, they're seriously making a mistake - he's definitely not the one to do the PR campaign.

[edit on 28/7/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

It will if we just roll over and allow it. I plan to move back to the US in three months. I like what I see with the amount of people awakening and I dont want to miss being part of that. If they dont pass hr 1207 then we rebel and protest like our parents did (pending on your age) during the Vietnam war and take it a step further. This is where we can gain our country back. If we lose, then we lose everything our four most important founding fathers fought for. I will not be a slave to this sick society these elitist bastards are scripting together for us all. When peoples freedom really start to become limited, the majority will rise up. I'm only one person, but I believe I can can make a difference and I also believe all of us can.. especially when united. Massive groups of people united to fight for the same cause will be labeled a militia and rightfully so because thats what it'd be. Thats what this country needs because massive government along with their private banks and corporations pulling the strings have turned our nation into a fascist country. We the people must gain the support of the military over seas. We need military leaders to disobey command and head back home to clean up. What the f*** can the government do if that were to happen other than defacate in their ten thousand dollar dress pants ? Nobody likes what our country has become. The majority of the wolrd hate us and I for one dont blame them. Now is the time for a revolution before its too late and nothing can be done other than running for the hills.

The USA is the best country in the world and will remain so if we fight for it. Lets get our country back before SHTF rather than waiting for it actually hitting the fan to react. We see it coming but most of us sit back and wait for it to happen before a reaction occurs.

Perhaps I went on a little bit of a rant but I was just going with the surf while the tide was up.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
oh really bernenke...when yuo give the 9/11 helpers that $50 million fund they were promised, stop printing and sending money overseas to foriegn contrys, and using OUR money to help american citiziens and its economy, THEN i might listen...until then, yuo should ccrawl back under the rock you slithered from.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Personally, ide like to to do what adolf hitler did to that city in cekeslovaki....remove the city brick by brick, and future maps wont have the city listed their anymore..do that to the federal reserve.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I dont really disagree with too much of this, but lets not forget your average american is to blame for all this, not ben b. in the longrun.... no matter what you want to believe.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pappa_Bear
There is only 1 way to improve the image of the FED
tear it down and leave it in a pile of rubble; try the ones known to have been a part of these financial issues and imprison them. The rest should be given latrine duty the rest of their working days for letting it happen on their watch

I think those terms are far too lenient. Since the International Banking Cartel is responsible for all the wars of the last century or so, they all should be tried on war crimes and the guilty hung, at the very least. I have no sympathy for these parasites, these leeches that bleed humanity dry.

They should have used the Muppets or something fictional instead of Bernanke. Makes more sense to use puppets, it completes the analogy. Or use the puppets with Bernanke, fake characters and fake people, that's the ticket.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Wow, that's a relief! I just wrote my senator telling him I support the Fed audit bill! Turns out they're not so bad after all! What great, coincidental timing!
Bull. They are trying to look like they are transparent so people don't feel like they have to be audited. Afraid we might find out what happened to that half a tril, bernanke?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Wow, that's a relief! I just wrote my senator telling him I support the Fed audit bill! Turns out they're not so bad after all! What great, coincidental timing!
Bull. They are trying to look like they are transparent so people don't feel like they have to be audited. Afraid we might find out what happened to that half a tril, bernanke?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join