It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another thread teaching presence and oneness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Wow! Keep on blowing me away, Mr. Erik!

I feel the need to talk more, to masturbate intellectually as you put it. I feel the need to question. Not because I doubt or don't understand, but because I embrace my duality and become the mirror. I am also a Bodhisattva. But not a gentle one. If I were to become gentle I wouldn't be a Bodhisattva anymore. And the day of my buddhahood will come, whenever I want it to. But I still feel for others.

I impose pain and confusion on purpose. I reflect what I feel to make them closer to understanding. I don't know if its the right or wrong thing to do. I just do it.

Let the rocks come.

Mirror Mind Guruism is effective so long as you do not get ensnared into your own trap which in effect you are doing just exactly that! For whom do you reflect but your Self?! Thinking dwells in the duality. The heart only knows singularity for that is the initial foundation of all that is. Mind is Shiva. Heart is Shakti. Careful to balance the two. Teetering from one to the other becomes yet again folly and suffering because in a subtle way you are manifesting the illusion of distance if even for just a tiny bit. One would be wise to ascertain that there is no distance between Heart and Mind because getting lost in between and illusory distance is just the sort of madness that would make one a broken if ineffective teacher/pandit/guru.

If heart tells you to be the Mirrored Bodhisattva then by all means do so. Ask if one's action is grounded in Lovingkindness, Selflessness and the Here and Now? Is it a solution of no place and no time?

Remember the Heart Sutra; Gate, gate, para gate, para san gate, bodhi svaha.

(translation for all not familiar) gone, gone, gone beyond, gone completely beyond, total extinguishment (Nirvana/Ketir/Vergessen/Nirodh/Nibanna/Enlightenment).

Just cautionary words of love from my self to my Self.

=) Namaste

We are all Buddhas. Always/Already enlightened each and all.

I Am-We Are-All Is-One BEing

Erik

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

All I do is by heart and for now.
I can't say it is a selfless act though.
Its all for the self.

I'm careless and I don't listen to cautionary advices, sorry.

I'm not a teacher because I want to be one.
I'm a teacher because I'm a learner!

Oh, yes, I was almost forgetting about the questions!
Its all your fault for shifting my attention to myself!

What is the importance of effectiveness? If there is nowhere to go, nothing to be done, why should we be concerned with effectiveness?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

All I do is by heart and for now.
I can't say it is a selfless act though.
Its all for the self.

*snip*

What is the importance of effectiveness? If there is nowhere to go, nothing to be done, why should we be concerned with effectiveness?

Effectiveness isn't important per se. Re-member no matter what we do in the form of instruction to another aspect of Self, it is all a lie.

Philosopher/Pandit Ken Wilbur puts it best by saying this is only a map, not the territory.

So armed with this tidbit of uselessness, effectiveness can be incorporated in so much as it saves needless suffering by not making something unnecessarily difficult when the same thing can be accomplished with heart felt simplicity. It is the way, The Tao, The Light. The student may be meandering, but your instruction should be straight and clear. Confusion onefold trumps obfuscation times two!

Riddles and instructional torment only when the heart dictates and when the obvious is not seen. Effectiveness at this point is an act of love; An act of mercy.

The age old axiom of Comfort the Disturbed and Disturb the Comfortable applies nicely here.

=) Namaste

Erik

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I had a look at your profile, and I see that you are a Reiki Master. I'm a Clinical Aromatherapist.

I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to do lots of varied work within the area of AIDS and HIV in a voluntary capacity.

I am interested in discussing healing, dream yoga and the Bon Po.

It's late here in the UK and you are in a discussion, so I will hopefully connect with you again tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

I had a look at your profile, and I see that you are a Reiki Master. I'm a Clinical Aromatherapist.

I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to do lots of varied work within the area of AIDS and HIV in a voluntary capacity.

I am interested in discussing healing, dream yoga and the Bon Po.

It's late here in the UK and you are in a discussion, so I will hopefully connect with you again tomorrow.

I am honored or honoured as it were, to be involved in a discussion with you, dear Maya. Most kind.

Love all things and all things will love you!

=) Namaste

Erik

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I give no instructions.
I give only slaps!
Are slaps a lie too?

*preparing a giant slap for the predictable answer*

Mercy you say? That is all I am not! I am the merciless one. I am the destroyer, the death bringer. I am Kali.

Mercy is for the weak.

And that ancient axiom of yours is so good! I could even tattoo something like that to never forget it!

Question time.

What makes us spread awareness? Why are we "forced" to recreate once we ourselves are created?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I give no instructions.
I give only slaps!
Are slaps a lie too?

*preparing a giant slap for the predictable answer*

Mercy you say? That is all I am not! I am the merciless one. I am the destroyer, the death bringer. I am Kali.

Mercy is for the weak.

And that ancient axiom of yours is so good! I could even tattoo something like that to never forget it!

Question time.

What makes us spread awareness? Why are we "forced" to recreate once we ourselves are created?

I replace the slap with only a kiss. Mercy is the language of the Heart. When has your heart ever told you to inflict suffering? Death is good. Or bad if you like. One should die multiple times. I can bring one to the final death, but that one must leap on their own to the full and boundless emptiness.

Mercy is for the weak?
How about: Your strength only lies in your vulnerability and your willingness to completely, totally and thoroughly surrender.

Whatever you resist persists!

Nothing makes you spread awareness. You are Awareness! There is nothing that awareness is not.

Forced to create? First of all nothing is being created. It is all been done before ad infinitum. If anything, Consciousness/Awareness/Mind/Godhead is recycling to perpetuate the illusion of "Another" in a seemingly endless loop full of egoic entrapment and promise of life eternal. Why? Abject loneliness.

There is only one game and the game has two very simple rules:

1) Forget who you really are

2) Believe (create/manifest) in another

Resting in the Witness until you collapse imminently into Oneness ends the game. You have always been free. Freedom in fact is choiceless and is inescapable.

=) Namaste

Erik

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

My heart has never told me to inflict suffering.
Suffering is not a product of the heart, it is a product of the mind.
And I am not governed by mind, I'm governed by heart.
From my perspective all I give is love, but sometimes my love is too direct I guess, which causes it to appear as pain and suffering to the receiver that is not used to such a direct loveliness. I am the paradox! My presence is paradoxical. I love so much that I don't care. Mind gets boggled there. And whoever happens to be governed by mind will suffer with my presence.

I resist nothing and that is why I am flawless and scary.

Okay, so lets say I'm kind of sick of playing the only game. Will I go back into loneliness? Once I am lonely again, I'm sure I will want to play another game. A different game perhaps. How can you say that there is only one game? The existence of only one game would be much much tedious then pure loneliness, no?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
These experiences have led me to look around the internet to find out more, this is how I found ATS and have kind of become interested in ET encounters & inter-dimensional beings.

Although I state my interest in seeking out ETs has lessened you are right this is all connected and so we do develop an interest in ETs and inter-dimensional beings along side enlightenment. What I have realised is its all part of the one to seek one means we seek all.

(Its just I wish the inter-dimensional part was a little easier to grasp lol, Ive just accepted I most probably will understand it more if I DONT try to understand it )

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

My heart has never told me to inflict suffering.
Suffering is not a product of the heart, it is a product of the mind.
And I am not governed by mind, I'm governed by heart.
From my perspective all I give is love, but sometimes my love is too direct I guess, which causes it to appear as pain and suffering to the receiver that is not used to such a direct loveliness. I am the paradox! My presence is paradoxical. I love so much that I don't care. Mind gets boggled there. And whoever happens to be governed by mind will suffer with my presence.

I resist nothing and that is why I am flawless and scary.

Okay, so lets say I'm kind of sick of playing the only game. Will I go back into loneliness? Once I am lonely again, I'm sure I will want to play another game. A different game perhaps. How can you say that there is only one game? The existence of only one game would be much much tedious then pure loneliness, no?

Wherein lies the Bodhisattva that lets Mind govern whim and folly instead Heart radiating healing energy and Lovingkindness?

There are a lot of "I Am" statements in your last post. A fine statement in and of itself but one notices that a title comes attached. YOU Are. Period. No Paradox. No Kali. No inflicter of pain. You are all of these and none and so much more infinitessimally.

There is no need for slapping or brutallity of any kind. There is enough already. As I have said, Society has become numb to it and therefore it is ineffective. Plant the seed of Light in the Heart and cultivate instead Maitreya and Lovingkindness.

Yes, you are flawless. Who or What isn't?

So far, this is the only game going. All else is speculation which is "Future" language and a trap of the ego. Wondering about what the next game is not necessarily a path designed for awakening. Reality only exists in this moment in this spot. Allowing your energy to leak into past and future suppositional scenarios of make believe gets one ensnared quickly and before one knows it worry and anxiety and pain have crept into an otherwise Light-filled heart. Why do this? Madness.

When One finds One's identity in the Hearts of others, only then on the path of servitude, gratitude and Lovingkindness will one do best by their brothers and sisters.

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi

Plant the seed of Light in the Heart and cultivate instead Maitreya and Lovingkindness.

Yes, you are flawless. Who or What isn't?

So far, this is the only game going. All else is speculation which is "Future" language and a trap of the ego. Wondering about what the next game is not necessarily a path designed for awakening. Reality only exists in this moment in this spot. Allowing your energy to leak into past and future suppositional scenarios of make believe gets one ensnared quickly and before one knows it worry and anxiety and pain have crept into an otherwise Light-filled heart. Why do this? Madness.

When One finds One's identity in the Hearts of others, only then on the path of servitude, gratitude and Lovingkindness will one do best by their brothers and sisters.

=)Namaste

Erik

Simply beautiful! Thank you again Erik.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think everyones taken this oneness thing a step to far.

We are all one in being victims of causality, but we are not magic energy balls.

What makes up your personality is MEMORIES. Strip away your memories and then see how aware you are FOOL.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

We are all one in being victims of causality, but we are not magic energy balls.

What makes up your personality is MEMORIES. Strip away your memories and then see how aware you are FOOL.

Goodmorning Wertdagf!

Please accept Lovingkindness from a bumbling Fool. I am certainly that and my heart leads me to throw caution to the wind time and time again!

What foolish thing have I done, you may well ask?

Well, for starters, I just starred your post and that was quickly followed by making you my Friend.

I find the concept of friend to be too detached really. I don't make Friends. I only meet new Family members.

Now Brother, let me tell you that I think your point is valid! A bit caustically put, but that is a wonderful human thing. In my Foolish View, We are all correct! To think otherwise creates divisiveness and goodness knows it seems the world has a surplus of that, doesn't it?

My love for you is free. Please accept it freely.

=) Namaste

Erik

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Ha ha, I know what you mean. It can be hard to grasp!

For me, having always engaged my spiritual practice through direct "hands on" healing work within a mainly clinical and hospice setting, and having had pre cog,nods and syncronicities, I kind of thought that was as far as it went for me within the confines of my physical being.

However in recent years it has really ramped up. In this last year I have been experiencing what I can only describe as direct dialogue. These are experiences which I would not, for many reasons, go into to much detail of within this forum. But I will say that, what I was shown has to do with the Bon Po and yoga dream healing. But at the same time, can also be interpreted to fit in with other models, such as inter-dimensional beings, sirians, et.c. But that starts to come down to labels and perceptions.

From personal experience, I think the link/trigger for me is compassion, loving kindness and mindfulness. The heart is the gate.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Hello U.

What is it that scares you about letting go of your memories, personality and ego? They are just attachments to the illusion.

And what is a fool? What level of awareness are you referring to? Is someone who is stripped of their memories a fool? Are they less entitled to recieve compassion as a result?

I think we are all magic energy balls! Some with more energy than others!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good Morning all of you beautiful BEings!

Today, for those of you unfamiliar with this type of very powerful meditation, I am going to teach you how to do a Tibetan Buddhist technique called Tonglen. Up until recent years, it has been a secret but thanks to wonderful teachers like Ken Wilber and Pema Chodron, it is now available to use by any One and is highly recommended as a healing meditation that is probably the best in cultivating Bodhichitta and Maitreya; the breaking and deeply wounding of the heart to open it to all BEings in the form of selfless compassion and lovingkindness.

1) Find a quiet place where you can remain undisturbed for a time as this requires concentration.

2) After you have centered yourself down as you normally would have for any type of meditation, close your eyes and focus on the out breath.

3) Envision an ache or pain or type of suffering bothering yourself at this moment, be it anything from simple impatience to a full blown malady affecting you at a physical level.

4) Envision this suffering as a thick and sticky tar that is wispy and smoke-like.

5) Breathe this sticky tar deep down into your own heart and then breathe out the relief as you picture it. We are doing this so that others may not have to suffer it. You are shouldering this suffering upon yourself willingly.

6) Next envision the suffering or torment of a loved-one or someone you associate with fairly consistently.

7) Again convert their suffering into the sticky, black smoke and breathe it down into your heart and breathe out the relief of this aspect of suffering.

8) Next envision the entire suffering of your neighborhood as this same sticky, black smoke and repeat the process of breathing it in to your own heart and breathing out the relief. You do not need to alter your breathing tempo for this meditation. Just breathe as you normally would and that will suffice.

9) Now we are going to take the envisioning of our entire town or city's suffering into our hearts by breathing in it's pain and suffering in the form of the sticky, black smoke to our hearts.

10) Continue and repeat this process for your state/provence/territory.

11) Continue and repeat this process for your entire country.

12) Continue and repeat this process for the entire Globe.

13) If you are feeling particularly courageous, you can carry out this same process for the Solar System, the Galaxy, the Universe, etc..

This is arguably the most effective way to cultivate Bodhichitta or the broken-hearted lovingkindness. It is a deeply moving and powerful exercise and will leave you feeling full and often times very emotional. Do not resist. You will be fine. And what you do, you do for all. You do it for your Self!

In Lovingkindness,

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Hello again Mr Erik.
There is no need for anything. There is enough of everything.

Why do you keep trying to regulate what I say and what I do? I am infinity. And infinity includes everything. Whats the problem with picking specific things out of everything to identify myself with? I find it enjoyable and it doesn't mean that I lose my infinite existence. I am sorry, but I won't let anyone tell me what I am not! That's for me to decide.

And society is not only numb to violence. It is numb to everything. That is why I believe that the "shock" is effective. Brutality is subjective, like any other concept of which you try to deprive me of using. In my eyes it is the purest of kindnesses, in the eyes of others it may be just unnecessary aggression. I incorporate the perspective of these others on purpose, knowing that I still have my own perspective.

Its pretty speculative of you to say that this is the only game going. Seems like another trap of the ego like you say! I'm only wondering about the next game because I am bored with this one right now. Its not madness, it is creativity. Seems like this spot is bigger then you think it is.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Hello. No there can never be too many of these threads...keep them coming. This one is a little heavy on the concepts, but I like that it is here and that people are engaging.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Thank-You for this.

I shall "give it a go" (in my daily routine) and see how it helps my lovingkindness.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have lost count of how many threads, and "In my own opinion" they are getting boring. I feel I have no need to rant about my background because only I need to know. ATS is filled with Gurus, Gurus who turned form "Just your average Jo blogs" into a Meditation Enlightened Super Guru. Normally this happens over a few nights after searching the Internet, Get over yourself you are no more enlightened than the person next to you.

"everyone is equal - nobody is more enlightened than the next person"

You all speak of Enlightenment, Astral Projection, Chakras, Higher Self, Ego, The Now. You all confuse yourself and take away the simplicity.

The Narrow And The Wide Gate

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13

The Wide Gate is a gate I have been through and I never want to walk down that road again. The further you walk down that road, the harder it is to get back, some of you I sense are already too far down the road to turn back.

Why is it some of you feel the need to use "Meditation/Enlightenment" avatars in your profile? Oh yes thats it, you want us to know "You are the meditation super guru" Egos and Internet are a very bad thing.

God Bless.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join