It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Yet another thread teaching presence and oneness

page: 3
11
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 


Hello again Mr Erik.
There is no need for anything. There is enough of everything.

Why do you keep trying to regulate what I say and what I do? I am infinity. And infinity includes everything. Whats the problem with picking specific things out of everything to identify myself with? I find it enjoyable and it doesn't mean that I lose my infinite existence. I am sorry, but I won't let anyone tell me what I am not! That's for me to decide.

And society is not only numb to violence. It is numb to everything. That is why I believe that the "shock" is effective. Brutality is subjective, like any other concept of which you try to deprive me of using. In my eyes it is the purest of kindnesses, in the eyes of others it may be just unnecessary aggression. I incorporate the perspective of these others on purpose, knowing that I still have my own perspective.

Its pretty speculative of you to say that this is the only game going. Seems like another trap of the ego like you say! I'm only wondering about the next game because I am bored with this one right now. Its not madness, it is creativity. Seems like this spot is bigger then you think it is.

Your thoughts?


Good Day to you Dear Giladinhu!

I was wondering when I was going to "hear" from you again. Thank you dear One for coming back. Most kind.

You are correct in your statement that you are everything. I would not dare limit you in any way. You be what you are in all of your authenticity. I choose a different approach is all and in my own bumbling way I think I was outlining your differences to my own so as to see the commonality in both of us. I was the looking for the places where we touch, you and I, as human BEings because all of the connected dots are the pathless path to awakening and the realization of home. Please forgive my belligerence on this matter.

As far as speculation is concerned, I don't. I do not experience boredom when I dwell in the here and now. It is a full and wonderful experience in and of it's Self that can neither be added to or taken from. I have no wish for anything else. Contentment lies in presence.

This spot may very well be bigger than I "think" it is. I have no care. I am full and I am present. I Am that I Am. There is nothing to know and everything to BE.

Thank you again, Dear One for your valuable insight and you just keep "shocking" us as you like.

May your path know no stumble and may your heart emanate only Light.

=)Namaste

Erik




posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
I have lost count of how many threads, and "In my own opinion" they are getting boring. I feel I have no need to rant about my background because only I need to know. ATS is filled with Gurus, Gurus who turned form "Just your average Jo blogs" into a Meditation Enlightened Super Guru. Normally this happens over a few nights after searching the Internet, Get over yourself you are no more enlightened than the person next to you.

"everyone is equal - nobody is more enlightened than the next person"

You all speak of Enlightenment, Astral Projection, Chakras, Higher Self, Ego, The Now. You all confuse yourself and take away the simplicity.


The Narrow And The Wide Gate

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13

The Wide Gate is a gate I have been through and I never want to walk down that road again. The further you walk down that road, the harder it is to get back, some of you I sense are already too far down the road to turn back.

Why is it some of you feel the need to use "Meditation/Enlightenment" avatars in your profile? Oh yes thats it, you want us to know "You are the meditation super guru" Egos and Internet are a very bad thing.

God Bless.








Good Day to you NA!

Welcome to this thread and those who enjoy it! I invite you to do the same and you are more than welcome to share and enjoy it at no cost to you! But I am puzzled; you appear to not enjoy it at all and further more seemed to want to bash it up a bit and then to really make things perplexing to me you issue a statement of faith in your post which is what you weren't liking in this one.

I did not in any line/stanza/paragraph or other some such literary structure claim that 1) I was enlightened and 2) that I was more enlightened than anyone. All I have said is that we are all enlightened, including YOU!

Please share with us all your viewpoint, but I would respectfully add that it would be best to leave anger at the door as it seems to cloud up the clarity of your message a bit.

I am most eager to hear from you again. May we meet at the table of civility and mutual respect? I do not wish a conflict of any kind. Those that want to learn and communicate what this thread has to offer find it on their own accord with no coercian. I am twisting no One's arm nor will I put them down for their view. Not even You!

I wish you nothing more than inward stillness and outward calm, Dear NA.

Please feel free to come back and share your Self with us any time.

=)Namaste

Erik



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 


hi Erik


i started reiki in may and I ended up on a rollercoaster of a nasty ride at times!!
but there was alot of fun and good to match the bad!

i upset people (inadvertantly) they ended up being very angry,albeit being angry with themselves . but thats another story.

anyway i don't think i could cope with taking all that on board, i think it might kill me


"Plant the seed of Light in the Heart and cultivate instead Maitreya and Lovingkindness."


anyway you said this in one of your posts and quite frankly it scared me!
is the guy you are talking about??

www.share-international.org...

god in heaven i hope not




posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
First there was the here and now. Then boredom came. Illusion was created because of boredom (or loneliness as you like to put it). So let say that I was in the here and now for a while, and I became bored. To finish with boredom I recreated illusion. But now this second illusion is not just illusion, it is part of the here and now too. That is the other game which you call speculative and I call reality.

If the here and now was really self-fulfilling and needed not something to be added to it, we wouldn't even be expressing ourselves in writing. Contentment becomes boring.

I do not speculate either, I create new possibilities, I open doors for us to decide if we would like to go through.
We are the same but in different parts of the cycle I believe.

You ought to be before you know. That is for sure. But it doesn't mean that there is nothing to know after being.

I am very fond of Buddhism and have studied it for quite a bit. I think it is wonderful and incorporate a lot of it to my own philosophy. I'm a devout of truth though, a faithful and loyal warrior, and cannot stop on the best oasis I have found until my mission is complete. Nonetheless, in hard times it is the oasis that keeps me going.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 


hi Erik


i started reiki in may and I ended up on a rollercoaster of a nasty ride at times!!
but there was alot of fun and good to match the bad!

i upset people (inadvertantly) they ended up being very angry,albeit being angry with themselves . but thats another story.

anyway i don't think i could cope with taking all that on board, i think it might kill me


"Plant the seed of Light in the Heart and cultivate instead Maitreya and Lovingkindness."


anyway you said this in one of your posts and quite frankly it scared me!
is the guy you are talking about??

www.share-international.org...

god in heaven i hope not



Good Afternoon, MereMortal!

Maitreya is one of those Buddhist Terms that is also used as a name. So far just for your clarity the only formal names I have brought up in this thread reference with utmost respect, Ken Wilber and Pema Chodron.

Maitreya is a popular name as well as a concept like Bodhichitta or Lovingkindness. It is along those same lines. Nothing spooky or cult-like. This is a deeply personal and intimate journey you are on. Listen to your heart and observe your mind. That's it!

In Lovingkindness,

=)Namaste (the Light in me recognises the Light in you)

Erik



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
First there was the here and now. Then boredom came. Illusion was created because of boredom (or loneliness as you like to put it). So let say that I was in the here and now for a while, and I became bored. To finish with boredom I recreated illusion. But now this second illusion is not just illusion, it is part of the here and now too. That is the other game which you call speculative and I call reality.

If the here and now was really self-fulfilling and needed not something to be added to it, we wouldn't even be expressing ourselves in writing. Contentment becomes boring.

I do not speculate either, I create new possibilities, I open doors for us to decide if we would like to go through.
We are the same but in different parts of the cycle I believe.

You ought to be before you know. That is for sure. But it doesn't mean that there is nothing to know after being.

I am very fond of Buddhism and have studied it for quite a bit. I think it is wonderful and incorporate a lot of it to my own philosophy. I'm a devout of truth though, a faithful and loyal warrior, and cannot stop on the best oasis I have found until my mission is complete. Nonetheless, in hard times it is the oasis that keeps me going.


Hello again!

Now that we have all of this out and we have touched one another on multiple levels we can now get to the meat of the matter.

Why are you here on this thread?

=)Namaste

Erik



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 


I am here for many reasons.
But the reasons which I find particularly relevant at the moment are:
1) Enjoyment. I like places where I am stimulated to just be.
2) Helping spread the awareness that you have to share. The more posts in the thread, the more people will pay attention to it.

Why is the reason of my being here the meat of the matter?
I thought my reasons were self-evident.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 


I am here for many reasons.
But the reasons which I find particularly relevant at the moment are:
1) Enjoyment. I like places where I am stimulated to just be.
2) Helping spread the awareness that you have to share. The more posts in the thread, the more people will pay attention to it.

Why is the reason of my being here the meat of the matter?
I thought my reasons were self-evident.


Aaahhhhh! Very good.

Although I am not necessarily looking for a throng of followers or readers, just a group of folks who wish to fellowship on the commonality of realized Oneness and what we can teach each other.

It makes me very happy that you are enjoying yourself here! Sometimes the tone of some of your posts is hard to discern for me so I just come right out and ask as I do not wish to offend with a poor response because I interpreted yours poorly.

That was the meat. More like a morsel, really. Just being careful and gentle is all.

I am a bit dense at times although I try not to hide behind that excuse.
It is just a foible to observe and let go.

Please stay! Most fun!

=)Namaste

Erik



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Its all a game of interpretation for me. And sometimes the game only becomes fun if we take it seriously. I usually have in mind the reason for my seriousness, which is fun, although sometimes I forget and just lose myself in the seriousness. (This has been happening less often thankfully)

So, it is important for us to remember that its all a game. Even if I look really serious and not taking it as a game you should not be fooled by my way of playing. And questions exist exactly for that! To prevent us from being fooled. Are you not sure? Question!

Sometimes I see people that are so stupid but so stupid that I can't avoid thinking that maybe they are simply geniuses messing around with people to get a laugh at the naivety which camouflages itself in self-importance, ultimately making them (and myself) really annoyed.


You just never know when you are dealing with the most distant part of yourself of which you even have difficulty to recognize.

I want to stay, but since you uncovered me I feel a little bit awkward now continuing with my stupid role.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 


thankyou for claryifying the "Maitreya thing" redwoodJ


yes its a journey alright but i get annoyed with my master, or the one that thinks she knows more than i do?

i suppose it s my Ego getting in the way? i'm bad i know


but not as bad as i used to be



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 


Hello again friend. S+F

Very interesting conversations being had on this wonderful thread. Ill say it again, I will never tire of people bringing this subject to light.

My favorite quote of yours was, "Only the ego would try to dismiss itself."

Very insightful and very true. When I first started my journey I saw it as my enemy, but we all need some sort of ego to survive in this world or we would go crazy....its all about balance.

I will be trying the meditation and I have listened to some of Pema Chodrons work and it had a big effect on my life.

I have also completed training of Reiki Jin kei do 1 and have found it to have AMAZING affects on the body. I have treated many people and they all are amazed at the heat and energy coming from the hands. It is truly life changing and I will be doing Reiki 2 when I have the chance. Amazing how many of the same interests we have.

Godbless.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight
 


funny i am so looking forward to reiki 2 but so far two people have told me not go any further!

god knows how many i don't know about think the same, but have not come forward, (i heard it through the grapevine)


some say its ego/guru emancipation etc etc

i just know it works for the better for me, for everyone,

and everyone is the reason why i got into this

green chakra heart love



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal
 


Yes I heard the same thing...I was told by my instructor that it just incorporates the use of symbols for intensified healing so I don't know. My instructor was one of the most humble people I have ever met and would be nowhere near considered a guru. It works wonders now so I am completley fine with staying where I am. My instructor said she would teach me when the time is right and I will go with that.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 


What a good choice of meditation for ATS, I'm sure many of us will join in and do some Metta Bhavana tonight.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 



Good Day to you NA!

Welcome to this thread and those who enjoy it! I invite you to do the same and you are more than welcome to share and enjoy it at no cost to you! But I am puzzled; you appear to not enjoy it at all and further more seemed to want to bash it up a bit and then to really make things perplexing to me you issue a statement of faith in your post which is what you weren't liking in this one.


Thank you for the Welcome, much appreciated.

I appear to not enjoy it? Why would anyone enjoy self hypnosis, you can't get any more out of the now.

Oneness and presence are always found in this moment in reality, look around "You don't need meditation" that only takes you further away and deeper into confusion "Through the wide gate"

You don't need to add something to find Oneness and Presence "You need to take something away"



I did not in any line/stanza/paragraph or other some such literary structure claim that 1) I was enlightened and 2) that I was more enlightened than anyone. All I have said is that we are all enlightened, including YOU!

Please share with us all your viewpoint, but I would respectfully add that it would be best to leave anger at the door as it seems to cloud up the clarity of your message a bit.


It was aimed at people in other threads, I should of made that more clear. As for anger, that was nothing other than your judgment. Anger is self punishment, I don't like punishing myself "There was no anger in my post" Maybe if I added
a little face with a smile you would of perceived what I wrote more positive.


I am most eager to hear from you again. May we meet at the table of civility and mutual respect? I do not wish a conflict of any kind. Those that want to learn and communicate what this thread has to offer find it on their own accord with no coercian. I am twisting no One's arm nor will I put them down for their view. Not even You!


There will never be conflict, just different opinions.

God Bless



[edit on 28-7-2009 by NotAgain]



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
reply to post by meremortal
 


Yes I heard the same thing...I was told by my instructor that it just incorporates the use of symbols for intensified healing so I don't know. My instructor was one of the most humble people I have ever met and would be nowhere near considered a guru. It works wonders now so I am completley fine with staying where I am. My instructor said she would teach me when the time is right and I will go with that.



Hmm. Spirit is nudging me to create a thread for Reiki Practitioners to come together and expound on various and sundry techniques as well as offer healings and attunements for FREE!!

I, my self, am a Reiki Master in the Usui Shiki Ryoho lineage for over 3 years now and I have proof of certification upon request. I am passing on the lineage for free at my Master's behest. I have even created a website to do just that. One can U2U me for the URL.

If each and all are interested in a Reiki Community Thread, please let me know so as not to diversify this thread too much. Others, unaware of Reiki and it's healing energy, may not see Reiki's enlightenment connection let alone know what Reiki is.

=) Namaste

Erik



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 



Good Day to you NA!

Welcome to this thread and those who enjoy it! I invite you to do the same and you are more than welcome to share and enjoy it at no cost to you! But I am puzzled; you appear to not enjoy it at all and further more seemed to want to bash it up a bit and then to really make things perplexing to me you issue a statement of faith in your post which is what you weren't liking in this one.


Thank you for the Welcome, much appreciated.

I appear to not enjoy it? Why would anyone enjoy self hypnosis, you can't get any more out of the now.

Oneness and presence are always found in this moment in reality, look around "You don't need meditation" that only takes you further away and deeper into confusion "Through the wide gate"

You don't need to add something to find Oneness and Presence "You need to take something away"



I did not in any line/stanza/paragraph or other some such literary structure claim that 1) I was enlightened and 2) that I was more enlightened than anyone. All I have said is that we are all enlightened, including YOU!

Please share with us all your viewpoint, but I would respectfully add that it would be best to leave anger at the door as it seems to cloud up the clarity of your message a bit.


It was aimed at people in other threads, I should of made that more clear. As for anger, that was nothing other than your judgment. Anger is self punishment, I don't like punishing myself "There was no anger in my post" Maybe if I added
a little face with a smile you would of perceived what I wrote more positive.


I am most eager to hear from you again. May we meet at the table of civility and mutual respect? I do not wish a conflict of any kind. Those that want to learn and communicate what this thread has to offer find it on their own accord with no coercian. I am twisting no One's arm nor will I put them down for their view. Not even You!


There will never be conflict, just different opinions.

God Bless




[edit on 28-7-2009 by NotAgain]


And God Bless YOU!

It is in my limited experience that it was revealed to me (just observing and listening, really) that all paths are essentially the same path, even the ones that appear hostile or inherently evil if there is such a thing. Even allegedly Evil People love somebody. Therein lies an undercurrent or thread of commonality. My own path is a mish mash of many paths with a strong foundation in Zen Buddhism and Reiki. I love Jesus! Do I believe he is/was the Son of God? Yes! Every bit as much as You Are! BEing an extension of an all penetrating energy makes us as a whole, God/Allah/Nirodh/Yahweh/Vergessen/Enlightenment/ZPE/Nirvanna/Wakan Tanka/Chi/Q'ui/Goddess all of it. Even in your own apparent Christian based faith there are many names for the same God! Look at a Strong's Concordance and look up the names of God: It fills pages!

We are on the same path my dear, dear Friend and Brother. let us join together in our commonalities and learn from one another and touch each other's heart in an aspect that is conducive to that end ad infinitum.

=) Namaste, Pax, Espiritus Sancti, forever and ever and forever again

Erik



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
reply to post by redwoodjedi
 


Hello again friend. S+F

Very interesting conversations being had on this wonderful thread. Ill say it again, I will never tire of people bringing this subject to light.

My favorite quote of yours was, "Only the ego would try to dismiss itself."

Very insightful and very true. When I first started my journey I saw it as my enemy, but we all need some sort of ego to survive in this world or we would go crazy....its all about balance.

I will be trying the meditation and I have listened to some of Pema Chodrons work and it had a big effect on my life.

I have also completed training of Reiki Jin kei do 1 and have found it to have AMAZING affects on the body. I have treated many people and they all are amazed at the heat and energy coming from the hands. It is truly life changing and I will be doing Reiki 2 when I have the chance. Amazing how many of the same interests we have.

Godbless.


I am soooo glad thay you are enjoying the thread!

Please contribute your heart at will. You have an amazing calmness to your writing and I equally enjoy your posts just because of that nature. In effect, there are always 2 messages in your posts because of that very same ability! Fantastic!

Thank you, Dear One for blessing us here. Looking forward to more of your presence here. Most kind of you.

In Lovingkindness,

=)Namaste

Erik



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It took me a while to find my faith, I spent many years telling myself "Humanity" was just a scientific coincidence and that there was No God and there was No Jesus. Thats all changed now, sometimes things happen in life and they happen for a reason. I recently lost my Grandmother who was in the Salvation Army in the UK.

I started to find a little faith 1-2 years before her death but it's nothing in comparison to the present moment. Her funeral service was held by the Salvation Army, I never knew how much faith my Grandmother had either "she spoke very little about it" She never tried reflecting her beliefs on any of her family, she always wanted us to follow our hearts. The service really opened my eyes up though, I felt the connection to God for the first time in my life "It was so overpowering I almost fainted" the moment I felt that connection the two Salvation Army officers who were holding the service looked at me and smiled.

All the fear I once had in life faded away in a flash, I will never be the same again "I have found faith and I love every second of my life"

So why don't I agree with meditation?

The times I did meditate I found nothing other than confusion, so much has been misinterpreted. Ancient teaching have been lost or changed into something very evil, you distort the signpost the almighty has placed along your path in life "You turn your back on the help you seek" Most of all you take away the most important factor of life "The mystery" people seek more out of Astral Projection than they do in reality. They pray for a better life and miss the signpost because they are to busy floating around in an illusion.

God Bless



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
It took me a while to find my faith, I spent many years telling myself "Humanity" was just a scientific coincidence and that there was No God and there was No Jesus. Thats all changed now, sometimes things happen in life and they happen for a reason. I recently lost my Grandmother who was in the Salvation Army in the UK.

I started to find a little faith 1-2 years before her death but it's nothing in comparison to the present moment. Her funeral service was held by the Salvation Army, I never knew how much faith my Grandmother had either "she spoke very little about it" She never tried reflecting her beliefs on any of her family, she always wanted us to follow our hearts. The service really opened my eyes up though, I felt the connection to God for the first time in my life "It was so overpowering I almost fainted" the moment I felt that connection the two Salvation Army officers who were holding the service looked at me and smiled.

All the fear I once had in life faded away in a flash, I will never be the same again "I have found faith and I love every second of my life"

So why don't I agree with meditation?

The times I did meditate I found nothing other than confusion, so much has been misinterpreted. Ancient teaching have been lost or changed into something very evil, you distort the signpost the almighty has placed along your path in life "You turn your back on the help you seek" Most of all you take away the most important factor of life "The mystery" people seek more out of Astral Projection than they do in reality. They pray for a better life and miss the signpost because they are to busy floating around in an illusion.

God Bless


Thank you, NA for this most heart-felt and deeply personal contribution. I am humbled by your transparency and your faith is as stone, Kind One. Never lose it for it your foundation to build all that is good in your life upon.

A most rare and admirable thing. Thank you

In Lovingkindness,

Erik




top topics



 
11
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join