It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible's description of the Anti-Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm not a particularly religious person, but I've heard that the Bible says the anti-christ will bring peace to the Middle East, and that the world's most powerful religious leader will become his right hand man. (And please, anyone who's more knowledgeable about this subject, correct me if I'm wrong about that.)
First of all, Bush is NOT going to bring peace to the Middle East. He's proven that nothing but death and dishonor will follow in his shadow.
Secondly, especially if the pope, the "world's most powerful religious leader", doesn't even like Bush, and sees him, at the very least, as a total joke of a leader, then I think we're not looking in the right direction, at least according to the Christian's book itself.
Of course, there's always the possibility that
1) The pope may die while Bush is still in office, opening the door for a less scrupulous person to take his place, and:
2) If re-elected, Bush may just decimate any opposition in the Middle East, thereby achieving some measure of peace.
We all know that stranger things have happened�..

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Bush is no way in hell gonna bring true peace to the Mid East...and the Pope would never team up with a man that would kill so many inicent (sp?) men....

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
...maybe Bush isn't the Anti-Christ. But he sure as tootin' ain't acting in no Christian manner. The man is dangerous and must be stopped.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
And then again, maybe the bible is not prophetic in any way shape or form, and maybe democracy will take hold in Iraq, and begin to actually flourish in the Middle East. Thus, Bush's actions will have brought peace to the Middle East although long after he's gone. Then history would hold him to be a hero, a visionary and definetly not the Anti-christ. Who's to say?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Your right I can't stand movies who portray the antichrist. He is going to be the embodiment of satan on earth just as christ was god on earth. He is going to eventually destroy the world. But intially for years he will bring peace to the entire world. He will intiate the rebuilding of the temple in israel and the jews will view him as the messiah. Things turn bad when he declares himself god and basically sets up throne in this temple.

You gotta think if you belive in the bible, the rapture will take away millions of people. Just think the world will be in chaos but those left who will eventually be ruled by the anitchirst will initially have it made. It will be like the book the stand. Want a car just go get one off the street type of thing. A perfect setup for a one world government would be the rapture.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
We have not seen the Anti-Christ yet, he will not take the stage until after the rapture of the Church. He will come as god and most of the world will believe him to be god by the wonders he will perform. For the first time the world will see the IFO's(identified) they have been building in area 51 since the early 50's. The verses below clearly show that he will present "LYING WONDERS" The UFO's are some of the lying wonders along with the ultra high tech weapons that they also build in area 51. It will be quite convincing to a world suffering from "Strong Delusion" and believing a LIE or deception. The proof that the ufo's are a hoax is that there is absolutely no "PROOF" There is not "ONE" valid ufo picture anywhere, if there is, tell them to show it to you. Is it by chance that all the photos are from distance and not "ONE" clear photo anywhere? On the Alien side, this too is another LIE. The only Aliens they will see are the DEMONS from the bottomless pit that will pose as aliens. It's all a Lie, don't fall for the deception. We have been prepared for this scenario by all the Hollywood movies, which are a mild form of brainwashing or in other words "Strong Delusion" If you read these verses closely, you will see it fits the current world in which we live. 3 � Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (the Anti-Christ)
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men�s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
He is going to be the embodiment of satan on earth just as christ was god on earth.

I know a lot of people that would fit that criteria.

But one stands out above all others. Toad-Woman.

Toad-Woman is the Anti-Christ. Every single truly evil person on this planet is a part of of "Anti-Christ" in my opinion.

They are all made from the same stuff. They have sprouted on this planet from the same spores on the fronds of the evil version of the Fern bush.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
We have not seen the Anti-Christ yet, he will not take the stage until after the rapture of the Church. He will come as god and most of the world will believe him to be god by the wonders he will perform. For the first time the world will see the IFO's(identified) they have been building in area 51 since the early 50's. The verses below clearly show that he will present "LYING WONDERS" The UFO's are some of the lying wonders along with the ultra high tech weapons that they also build in area 51. It will be quite convincing to a world suffering from "Strong Delusion" and believing a LIE or deception...We have been prepared for this scenario by all the Hollywood movies, which are a mild form of brainwashing or in other words "Strong Delusion" If you read these verses closely, you will see it fits the current world in which we live.

There are a couple of things I want to point out in some of the verses you quoted.
First, in verses 10-12...it doesn't say that the people will be suffering from their own "strong delusions". It says that " ...God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

In other words, God makes them believe a lie, to ensure that they will be damned for not believing the truth previously. God intentionally prevents non-believers from changing their minds, after the truth is revealed on Earth, and intentionally damns them for all eternity? Does this seem like something a perfect and loving God would do to his children?

The other thing I wanted to mention is from verses 31-33. It specifically states that the fulfillment of these prophecies would come to pass BEFORE the current generation, living at that time, had died.

31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Generation, noun: the average span of time between the birth of parents and that of their offspring or a body of living beings constituting a single step in the line of descent from an ancestor

Why do you believe that this prophesy has any bearing on our life now? I'm pretty sure that the generation being addressed in this prophecy has long since passed away. Or was that verse non-literal, while the others were?

There are several references to the anti-Christ, which clearly state that it is not one particular person, but rather, all persons who do not follow the spirit of truth.

1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

It's also important, I think, to note that Revelations does not mention the "anti-Christ" even one time. It talks about a dragon, 2 beasts, the whore of Babylon, and a false prophet, but never once specifies someone with the designation of "Anti-Christ". In fact, the verses I quoted above are the only instances of the word "antichrist" being used in the entire Bible. It would appear that the antichrist is not what people commonly believe it to be.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You are correct in that the Anti-Christ's are SPIRITS, however they operate through men/women and have been doing so since the days of Jesus to this present time. Also what I refered to as the Anti-Christ (the man), is the Beast who's number is 666. Most people don't know anything about "THE BEAST" and use the term Anti-Christ when refering to the Beast, so I used that term for that is what most people call the coming world dictator. I will use the accurate term Beast from here on when refering to "The Anti-Christ" (the man) who's number is 666. Second, God does not make them believe a LIE, they choose to. They have choose to make a pact with satan and thus have and are being rewarded with wealth and power. The movie "THEM" is a very accurate portrayal of these Anti-Christ spirits that operate through men. Many of these Alien type creatures we see on TV are actually these Anti-Christ spirits in their true form. They laugh at us for our ignorance and are displayed all around us. Most of the Hollywood producers are empowered by these spirits and this is where these images come from. These spirits are very arrogant and delight in putting truths right below our nose's and laugh in most cases because they are not detected. Most people are not aware that on most of the food we consume their symbols and numbers exsist. These spirits through men control and manipulate the world. There is much more on them, but this is not my post and I for one do not fill other peoples post with my views. If you like , I will do a post on this subject that confirms all the above.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Second, God does not make them believe a LIE, they choose to. They have choose to make a pact with satan and thus have and are being rewarded with wealth and power.
So how do you explain the statement
"...God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

It seems to be a pretty straightforward statement.

Also, what is your response to my other question?

The other thing I wanted to mention is from verses 31-33. It specifically states that the fulfillment of these prophecies would come to pass BEFORE the current generation, living at that time, had died.

Generation, noun: the average span of time between the birth of parents and that of their offspring or a body of living beings constituting a single step in the line of descent from an ancestor

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthRumsfeld
...Bush may just decimate any opposition in the Middle East, thereby...

Point of Interest Although it's commonly used for more, this is the history of the word decimate

Usage Note: Decimate originally referred to the killing of every tenth person, a punishment used in the Roman army for mutinous legions. Today this meaning is commonly extended to include the killing of any large proportion of a group. Sixty-six percent of the Usage Panel accepts this extension in the sentence The Jewish population of Germany was decimated by the war, even though it is common knowledge that the number of Jews killed was much greater than a tenth of the original population. However, when the meaning is further extended to include large-scale destruction other than killing, as in The supply of fresh produce was decimated by the nuclear accident at Chernobyl, only 26 percent of the Panel accepts the usage.

Dictionary

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
God sending a strong delusion does not make you believe it, it is a choice one has to make, although The delusion does make it easier to believe the lie. Think of the delusion as being drunk, you are not in full control, but you still understand right and wrong. Second,
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. The son of Man has not returned, we have not been redeemed as of yet, the world has not been snared yet, we have not escaped these things yet and we have not stood before the Son of Man. All these things have not taken place, so it could not refer to past events.

new topics

top topics

join