It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women getting more beautiful, say scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by john124

Haha! Maybe... ....but women with real physical beauty don't need make-up.

ohh you foolish men....

the best makeup is not seen.....

suckers!

Except in the massive credit card statements eh?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
All I can say is, I been married to the same woman for 31 years. She just gets prettier every damned day. It may not be scientific, but it's my opinion, and in this case, it's the only one that counts, that's the way it is. (And if you think I married some trophy wife that works her ass off to keep in shape, forget it. Trophy wives are for vain sob's who care what the rest of the world thinks.)

She was watching you write that wasn't she?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This story is so subjective that it could be released every other year as true...just more social issue distraction in my opinion....

And to be the unpopular guy playing on the semantics....women as they age tend to get less beautiful (unless you are the love of my life and then your beauty never diminishes)...

-Walks away from thread-

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well obviously ATS ladies are getting prettier ...

Doesn't take a beauty scientist to see that.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Of course health and nutrition are better now than at any other time in history. That makes for beauty. It also makes for taller women. Today women over 5'9" are often considered beautiful and there are just more of them.

Also, ideas of what is beautiful vary from time period to time period and culture to culture. In Reubens' day women we now call fat were considered voluptuous and very desirable. A little fat indicated that a woman was well fed and therefore well taken care of and more affluent as well as more healthy. In the early 1900's women like Mary Pickford were considered beautiful and/but she would be called cute and wholesome today. In the 1950's and 60's tall women were self-conscious, as it was not considered beautiful and the cultural bias was that women should never be taller than the man they partnered with.

My husband personally believes that men are hard-wired to be attracted to women with wide hips, which indicates a capacity for child bearing. The preservation of the species, he believes, is instinctual.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Nope. Honest to God Truth. I tell her every day how beautiful she is, and tell her several times a day how much I love her and appreciated her. I consider myself to be the luckiest man on earth to have a woman like her. And I knew, 31 years ago, when I took out on the first date, that I was going to marry her. Let me tell you, no regrets!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
How can this possibly be true? You cannot define "beautiful."

There would be no test to prove this at all.

Actually there is an absolute science to this, It has to do with symmetry of the face, spacing of the facial features and about the distance and symmetry of the eyes. I watched this kind of study on National Geographic. So apparently, there is a way to measure beauty. And surprisingly, none of those studies had anything to do with weight and height, all based solely on facial features and ears etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well ive always said your only as beautiful as your personality. For instance, if I see a beautiful girl, and suddenly shes talking and I realize she's mean or conceided or has a bad personality, she stops looking as beautful as I thought she was. And on the other hand, if I see someone average, and she has a great personality, I see her even more beautiful than before.

I know its cheesy but it really is all about the personality. They say "Next to every beautful woman is a man bored with what he once would kill for."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join