It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women getting more beautiful, say scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Women getting more beautiful, say scientists

www.telegraph.co.uk

Evolution has led to women, but not men, getting progressively beautiful, according to scientists.

Researchers found that attractive women have more children than their less attractive counterparts and that a higher proportion of those children are female.

Once those daughters become adult they tend to be good looking themselves and so the pattern is repeated as women over the generations become steadily more aesthetically pleasing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I thought a lot of you here would find this amusing.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
then i pose the question as to where these many beautiful women are?

come on i know i'm not alone here?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think that this research show that scientists are getting more and more forgetful about what a beautiful woman looks like.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

huggs and smile....

so that why the guys in the white lab coats have been following me around??

huggs on the post!!

Im more comic book material than vouge,,,,lol...

smile

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Interesting article. Can't say I exactly agree because many people are attracted to different things. For instance I personally have never been attracted to the typical movie star looks skinny type girl with lots of make up. I prefer "normal" women that don't have to cover themselves with make up and get plastic surgery...etc. (IMO a lot of these women would look great without the make up and surgery)

So basically everyone is attracted to different types of women!

Peace.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Move to Florida, lots of beautiful women here! (At least by the ocean there are).

I have to wonder why this trend is exclusive to women? Is it because we men are shallow and prefer women who are attractive whereas women prefer men who are better providers? Or did we just get the evolutionary "shaft" when it comes to looks...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

California, of course.

Why do you think I live here?

The average woman here is good-looking, the slightly above average woman looks great, and the above average is beautiful. The way above average? She'll make you pass out, because she takes your breath away.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

lmao,,,,smile!!!!

huggs

CX

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Interesting article. Can't say I exactly agree because many people are attracted to different things. For instance I personally have never been attracted to the typical movie star looks skinny type girl with lots of make up. I prefer "normal" women that don't have to cover themselves with make up and get plastic surgery...etc.

So basically everyone is attracted to different types of women!

Peace.

Totaly agree with that one.

Beauty comes in so many different way for people. I have thought a person beautiful purely based on the fact that she has the most gorgeous eyes and had a great singing voice.

However looks does not always guaruntee a decent personality (Insert most film stars names with this one). So someone who appears to be attractive, can quickly lose this when they reveal thier true selves.

A pat on the back for yet more scientists wasting our money on total crap!

Yayy.

CX.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So is this what happens when researchers get bored?

I fail to see the point in spending time and effort researching just to come to the conclusion that women are getting more beautiful than they already are.

Note for the researchers out there: Yes! Women are beautiful. Now that you established that I'm sure there are more productive ways in which to invest your abilities.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have thought about this alot.

It is always a matter of prospective, the eye of the beholder really.

Have you ever seen someone just adore their child when they are really ugly? No convincing the parent.

What is appealing changes and maybe we are just broadening the scope of beauty, becoming more tollerant.

In my Moms days they used to make fun of her big lips. Now women pay fortunes to make thing lips once looked at as 'in' full and voluptuous.

Blonde, brunette, red head, raven. Thin chubby short or tall, it again is all in the eye of the beholder.

I think people are just becoming more appreciative of women in general, not based on their looks but the acceptance of their equality in society.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by amyfriend
reply to post by john124

so that why the guys in the white lab coats have been following me around??

Why hello there!

Let me find my Godzilla sized lab coat!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
How can this possibly be true? You cannot define "beautiful."

There would be no test to prove this at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
hmmm seems to me its the unkept, unclean ,lazy people who are always toting 5 kids around in the grocery store ..

Go to a 24 hr Walmart on the weekend... good lord where is the free condom fairy when you need it

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Oh I know many

IMO mixing the genes makes better looking children, for example interracial families. In Britain in certain unnamed towns where we don't have many foreigners, we see a lot of kids with genetics from the same area for many generations, and the women are less attractive. Not in all areas though.

Although Iranian women are exceptionally beautiful and they don't often marry men from abroad, and so maybe this factor is not as great as the factors the article promotes. And probably just implies certain countries have more attractive women, and so immigrants from those countries always improve the standard of women in other countries if they stay there and have kids.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Someone forgot to tell my DNA!!! Im getting older!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
hmmm seems to me its the unkept, unclean ,lazy people who are always toting 5 kids around in the grocery store ..

Go to a 24 hr Walmart on the weekend... good lord where is the free condom fairy when you need it

lmao! I hate to say it but thats kind of true!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
How can this possibly be true? You cannot define "beautiful."

There would be no test to prove this at all.

The best test would be to have a group of men from all walks of life rate a woman out of 10 on various categories. Might seem a little shallow, but can't think of a more scientific way to determine the beauty of a particular woman by a score so to speak.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Why are scientists studying the relative appearance of women to begin with?

On a weird note, I have three extremely lovely looking daughters. Everyone says so.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join