It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Warns of 'Unimaginably Deadly Blows' to U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It seesm top me the only thing blowing is the wind from Kim's mouth........again....

Defense Minister Kim Yong Chun issued the warning during a national meeting held on the eve of the anniversary of the armistice that ended the 1950-53 Korean War, the official Korean Central News Agency said.

"We will mercilessly and resolutely counter the enemy's sanctions with retaliation, its all-out war with all-out war," Kim told the meeting. "We will deal unimaginably deadly blows at the U.S. imperialists and the South Korean puppets if they ignite a war, obsessed with a foolish ambition."

Fox News

He is starting to more and more remind me of Iran's blow-hard president........
But even Iran knows enough than to directly threaten the US like kim does.

In a separate dispatch, KCNA also denounced an upcoming military exercise between the U.S. and South Korea as aimed at invading the North. The planned maneuvers lay bear a "black-hearted aim lurking behind" their talk of "dialogue," it said.

North Korea often engages in harsh rhetoric while accusing Washington and Seoul of plotting to invade the nation. Pyongyang says its pursuit of atomic bombs are to defend against what it calls "U.S. nuclear threats."

Fox News

Funny thing is that before Little Kimmy started poping nukes, he wasn't important enought to worry about invading.......

The only thing's he has done is do his best to try to start a war.

Bad little Kimmy, you stay in your room until you stop this temper tantrum.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Seems to me that Kim Yong Chun is taking a page from Iran's playbook.

I disagree that this is all "wind"; an enemy that has nothing to loose is very dangerous, as like the movie WarGames -- the only sound move is not to play.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I agree this is nothing but bluster, but from his cabinet. He's too sick I think to be that involved, or if he is, then he's just blowing smoke to make his people think he's got some pull in the international community.

The truth is, this regime is like a yappy little dog that happened to figure out how to use a gun. At some point, the yapping will turn into a barrel pointed at us, and then we just grab his gun and spank his butt. Granted, he is dangerous, but only about a dangerous as a large mosquito in the Amazon. It will only take a couple of swats, and it'll be gone.

His people need relief and to be brought into the 21st century. Too bad most of our governments only care about militarily or economically strategic resources, and not the salvation of a brutalized and dying people.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I dont think he would be making such bold statements unless he had an ace up his sleeve. We all know how big of a mouth Kim has, and how wrecklessly he uses it, but even he dumbest of dictators should know when and when not to say such things. Anything that North Korea is capable of doing, the U.S is capable of defending, and they know that.
So the only way that they can be of any danger to anyone, is by having another player on their team who does all the work for them.
I will just put this article in the long list of articles of the big mouthed Kim, and forget all about it cause in my opinion, this guy is nothing but a fool with empty words.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

The problem, as I see it, is that "we" wouldn't be "spanking" just his butt. There are several nations involved that would suffer from any action against N. Korea, even if nuclear weapons aren't used. Part of the Defense Minister's proclaimation is a threat against S. Korea if additional actions are made against N. Korea.

It's a very complex problem, with many economic and geopolitical ramifications. It doesn't help not knowing for certain the alliances and terms of same that have or haven't been made with N. Korea and various other nations.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I didn't understand the phrase "strident rhetoric" until reading North Korean news and I love the military parades they are absolutely adorable. Such a cute little antique Army.

Kim's days are numbered...you'd think he'd be trying to enjoy his last few days on Earth instead. Pancreatic Cancer is pretty brutal from what I've read.

But KCNA news is what got me hooked on international relations. Thanks Kim!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I agree, and by "us" I meant the global community. And by "spank" I mean "do whatever is necessary to put him is his place", whether that is diplomacy, invasion, or just ignoring him.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I agree completly.

That Ace you speak of is, of course, China.

They completly support kim.

In fact, on an article from China Daily, it went off on Japan and completly defended kim.

Also,, you assume thatKim is not doing China's bidding to try to start anouther war with the US.....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

China supports the Korean people, Kim is just an indirect beneficiary of this family love and occasionally has a point that China will support. But the idea that China wants a nuclear war happening on its border is not plausible.

The Cold War model of decision making is obsolete and anyone using it as a part their contemporary Grand Strategy would be better off to just give the UN everything they have and let the Secretary General kick him in the nuts.

The United States, I think, can just wait this guy out. After Jong Il passes and his son abandons the old model, a power struggle will emerge in North Korea toppling the entire communist regime and ending the War permanently.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yeah I definitely see a proxy war. China has been pissed at the US for years over Taiwan (among other things), and the North/South Korea thing really gives China an opportunity to stick it to the US without getting their hands publicly dirty, and the fact is NK has nothing else but a proxy war to offer China, so it's not like China would really care morally if NK got their **ses handed to them.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

North Korea Warns of 'Unimaginably Deadly Blows' to U.S.

The whole thing that allows this sort of bluster is that China is there to save their butts should South Korea, Japan and the US finally have enough and take Mr. Kim to task.

China, on the other hand, must be pulling its collective hair out. They can't allow NK to unify with the south if that means the whole peninsula is then under democratic rule. But still and all, they can't sanction Kim's rhetoric nor his constant efforts to goad his antagonists into a shooting war.

If such a conflict were to commense, China would be bound to intervene on the north's behalf and that puts them at odds with their biggest customers... Walmart.

What a mess.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well we know that North Korea has not got an ice cube's chance in hell when try to match the US in might but it has its own network of sayanim style operatives known as the Chosen Soren.

* intelligence operations ( in intelligence (international relations): North Korea )

...Bureau, a component of the Central Committee of the ruling Korean Workers’ (Communist) Party. The party also controls a semisecret organization, the General Association of Korean Residents in Japan (Chosen Soren), that collects information and money from expatriate citizens. The Chosen Soren, whose name derives from the formal name of Korea when it was controlled by Japan, has been pivotal in...
www.britannica.com...

You also have plenty of 7/11 owners in the US of Korean descent so what do you know.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

The Taiwan issue separating the US and China is dead. The Kuomintang regained control of their government over the last couple of years and will gradually be absorbed back into the Greater China system.

The only reason China ratcheted up the rhetoric over Taiwan was because the Kuomintang lost control and very foreign and very hostile elements had begun making decisions right off the Chinese mainland.

The Kuomintang are Chinese and don't want to be anything else.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
NPRK are no threat to the US. But, they would be to South Korea, it would be a mess there if all hell broke loose.

I can't remember the name of the poster, but once someone posted here (he was from South Korea, or had lived there)a very realistic and detailed scenerio of what would happen if North Korea went to war. It wasn't pretty no matter who would win.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Why do i get the idea hes talking about a nuclear device.I warned about NK nucluer blackmail years ago when their first clandestine processing plants were discovered.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
North korea would be smashed to bits. The most N. Korea could hope to do is shell a bunch of outposts on the DMZ and cause ROC casualties.

And then Launch SCUDs, frogs, and converted Seersuckers at Seoul. N Korean army is starving and there doctrine is from the Soviet thinking of the 80's. Obliteration from the air would be within weeks of the Declaration of war.

We all know what happened to the last convential force that fought like that. Iraqi army failed to do anything more in 2 wars than delay the coalition. Trading equipment for time and no prospect of victory

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Spartak_FL]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Wind from a windbag, imagine that.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I've said it before and I'll say it again... ROFL@KJI

When is this annoying little a$$HEOL gonna just go away?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spartak_FL

We all know what happened to the last convential force that fought like that. Iraqi army failed to do anything more in 2 wars than delay the coalition. Trading equipment for time and no prospect of victory

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Spartak_FL]

People often compare North Korea's situation to Iraq's in 1990-91 and what has to be remembered here is that with Iraq and Desert Storm, Iraq had just emerged from a bloody and tiring war with Iran, had invaded another country after (Kuwait) and was a country whose Army did not have that much support for Saddam, together with the fact that the US and it's allies did not go far into Iraq, but merely expelled Iraq's Army from Kuwait, so the Army were not defending their homeland.

North Korea's military effectiveness against the US would depend on learning where others have failed against the US, and where others have succeeded, on the willingness to fight, how devoted the military is to 'The Dear Leader' and whether 60 years of being told America is evil incarnate has worked and made them want to fight with a passion.

It would also depend on whether China and Russia support them.

If North Korea get to the point where China can not influence them, I can see China either invading North Korea or secretly encouraging regime change itself just to stop the US from doing so.

I'm sure China has assets in North Korea that can be utilised against The Dear Leader or anyone else there that China feels is too dangerous to be a neighbour.

China likes North Korea as long as it has a degree of influence. If that goes, I don't think it's the US that North Korea needs to worry about.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

i believe you, but are their verifiable documents and statistics that would confirm the Taiwanese's desire to rejoin China? I know as recent as 2008 the two have begun allowing travel between each other. Source

So much for a toehold in East Asia.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join