It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Warns of 'Unimaginably Deadly Blows' to U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
N.Korea are really bringing out the big adjectives.N.Korea was put on center stage of the world for some weeks and now they want the limelight again.China knows everything thats happening because they have them on a tight leash...i wouldn't worry about N.Korea doing anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If Kim starts anything we will need to bring all of our troops out of Iraq and send them to NK. In transit they will be vulnerable to Chinese/NK attack.

Obama wont do anything though, He would let the whole world melt down right in front of him.

The Web-bot prediction about Israel is the one that scares me, That would fit into the whole Gog-Magog war scenario.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I watched a video a couple of years ago, with a guy who claimed to be working for the government, but was leaking insider information to the public. He said that US was thinking which should be the next "potential enemies" of US. He said China or North Korea were the top choices (which also confirms many people's beliefs that the US plans each war before engaging in it).

I thought he was lying for a long time now, up until i saw this thread. Now it got me thinking. Anyone else thinking the same?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by LyricusMagna]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
From the Chinese perspective Taiwan was never apart from China, so it is not necessary for political reconciliation to exist, as legally Taiwan is just a province anyway; the UN doesn't even recognize its existence, won't listen to arguments and as long as China is on the Security Council it never will; in fact there is no such place as the nation of Taiwan except in the Western press and from I was reading a couple of years ago, some of the small states that still recognize the ROC as China (23 Total - Out of 196) were jumping ship and heading to the PRC instead.

Normalization of travel and trade will ultimately lead to security cooperation between the island and mainland and eventually with Japan. I suppose there are defense companies that don't want to see that but it seems to me that this is the way the wind is blowing. North Korea is really off on a tangent and is all alone...the content of its press shows that the state is about as vibrant as its stricken "dear leader". So, if it is hoping somehow that China will help it fight a war based on the status of Taiwan they are mistaken.

Surely if it is believed that the United States would have to abandon Iraq and/or Afghanistan to fight a war in Korea, then it certainly doesn't make any sense that the United States would attack Korea anytime soon...let's say the next 2 years at least. The grass over Kim Jong Il's grave will be thick and lush by then.

As I sit hear and type I got this idea stuck in my head that the DPP of Taiwan owed its rise to power to Kim Jong Il and that a more assertive, independent minded, Taiwan emerged in 2000 to achieve one goal - make Taiwan an issue which could be exploited in such a fashion to bring the US and China closer to war, thus ensure Chinese support for North Korea's unified peninsula plan. When the DPP met overwhelming defeat in last years elections to KMT, Kim Jong Il just about dropped dead.

The KMT, nearly consumed by its own demons, is just happy to still have Taiwan...I don't think they have the stomach for any more adventures; at least anytime soon. Thus China and the United States can focus on the inevitable disintegration that is occuring in North Korea.

This post seems disjointed to me...the point I was trying to make is that for NK to successfully wage its war, it needs China, but the Taiwan flashpoint to achieve this support has failed. I suppose Russia could support them, but after Sakashvili is voted out in the next Georgian election and replaced by a candidate acceptable to both Washington and Moscow and the SO and Abkhazia regions feel secure the Caucus flashpoint will vanish as well.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

I agree if you edit your statement to something like, N.K. is no danger to the continental US/Alaska/Hawaii

What I mean is he would have an extreme issue getting any missiles/rockets all the way over here.

Also, just because he can't hit the US does "NOT" mean he can not threaten the 30,000 or so US troops on the Korean border.

If he went off compl;etly, there is nothing we could do in time to save the men or 1/2 of S.K. from being flattened.

Yes, we could easily take out his artillar pieces/planes/ships/men, but it would take time, far to much to initially help-save nuclear weapons, of course, and I don't see that as an option...yet....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by Solomons

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If Kim starts anything we will need to bring all of our troops out of Iraq and send them to NK. In transit they will be vulnerable to Chinese/NK attack.

Obama wont do anything though, He would let the whole world melt down right in front of him.

The Web-bot prediction about Israel is the one that scares me, That would fit into the whole Gog-Magog war scenario.

Are you serious? a land invasion of N.Korea?...for what? N.Korea taking a hissy fit withotu being a real serious threat? I hope you can look in the eyes of the parents sending their sons and daughters when certainly over a hundred thousand come back in bodybags.And lets not forget seoul which is home to millions of people...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

.And lets not forget seoul which is home to millions of people...

Really? Last time i checked Seoul is 60km from the DMZ and unreachable from just about all North Korean Artillery except Surface to Surface missiles which can easily be dealt with using the PAC 3.

Gotta love how N. Korea keeps throwing that around. In reality, Seoul would be just fine and any attempt by N Korea to shell it would fall very short.

Yes there are suburbs of Goyang. But still. facts are facts.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Spartak_FL]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartak_FL

Actually, Soul is about 35 miles from the border.
San Fransico Cronical

This puts about 1/2 of soul fully in range of artillary and the rest with a bit more elavation.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Actually, Soul is about 35 miles from the border.
San Fransico Cronical

This puts about 1/2 of soul fully in range of artillary and the rest with a bit more elavation.

Sorry the article you quote is wrong. North Koreans have GRADS and 155 howitzers at best. They cannot reach Seoul. No way. Sorry

maps.google.com...

they would have to cross the DMZ.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Spartak_FL]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
BRING IT ON!!!!

But seriously, if all he does is continue threats, then I do not think anybody will jump on him with military action....at least not for a long time. The day he blinks wrong, it will be a quick and very painfull end

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just looking at the Stats maximum range of the Grad is 40 km (25 mi)

And the maximum range of soviet era field artillery is 60km. still not close enough. Consdering the closest point is the pennisula north of paju

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Here is a listing of what artillary N.K. has.

www.globalsecurity.org...

here is another link:
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a216feba4db9.gif[/atsimg]

LOOK OUT! North Korea is behind you!

I think the only reason we don't go in and bring Kimmy out is that we fear anyone who can replace him is probably more competent. He is as much a clown as my Lemur friend.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If he went off compl;etly, there is nothing we could do in time to save the men or 1/2 of S.K. from being flattened.

Have more faith in our air and naval forces. Within 12 hours, we could have cut the NK off from any return route and leveled Kim without boot one on the ground.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The scariest thing about Kim jong ill(whatever)is his hair cut (wig?) what a wuss if this guy threatened my sister she would beat his donkey.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Don't get me wrong, I understand that.

My point was that the 6+ hours it might take to start a counter attack, a whole lotta damage can be inflicted on S.K., particually Soul.

A whole lotta people can and would be killed.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't know who is blustering harder- NK, or people on here talking about how bad an a$$-whoopin' little kimmy would get.

His nation, though led by a crackpot, is armed to the teeth. Although we have very similar active troop strengths, they have almost double the amount of reserves to choose from. They have about 5 million reserves. We have about a mil and a half, and our troops are spread out all over the world. Theirs at at home.

They are incredibly entrenched with a system of tunnels and bunkers that are perhaps the most extensive and well-fortified in the world. If we were so good at Whoopin NKs, why is there a line that we can't cross? Why an Armistace? We were feeding the grinder in NK when we played over there the first time. To even THINK about entering NK with ground troops is a suicide order for any troops fortunate enough to follow orders.

There should be no mistaking that in the event that NK decides to follow up on its rhetoric, SK is pretty much a lost cause. Millions will die, among them, our men and women along the DMZ. We can get there after a while, and do a little bit of spanking, but the US is far too overextended to enforce it's will, militarily on another nation, especially NK, without leaving it's troops in other nations in serious danger.

Kimmy will probably not do anything, but I think there should be a lot more concern over what would happen if he did.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The more damage done to SK, the more justification for a greater response.

I am not worried at all about NK's military. Their trash cans with a sparkler missiles attached are a joke.

I'm not even worried about Russia.

It's how China will react is a concern to me. But I don't think they will intercede if NK chooses to commit suicide.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Correction, the US COULD have had a fierce reply to an attack by NK.

Problem is, the whole world sees how our current POTUS runs around the globe on his World Wide Apology Tour.

There was a time when we had tough presidents who would make the calls and do the things it takes to keep us safe, no matter how controversial it was, or how popular it was.

We dont have that anymore, and lil kim and other whacko dictators out there see this. That IS the ace up his sleeve, imho.

We have a great military, but we have a leader who is more articulate than he is wise, hes a rockstar, not a man with any grit and resolve, not like the people who serve our country.

Our weakness is out in the open for everyone to see, he leads our country.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The South Korean military must be some real softies...If attacked, they'll just sit around and do nothing until Washington and the United Nations decides to do something...never heard of a country with 655,000 active force troops waiting to defend themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join