It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Warns of 'Unimaginably Deadly Blows' to U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Say the USA were to smash NK. What would be the reprocussions from other nations to US??

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They'd be jockeying for Korean reconstruction and energy exploration contracts. When it comes down to it they're all just a bunch of greedy whores.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
They'd be jockeying for Korean reconstruction and energy exploration contracts. When it comes down to it they're all just a bunch of greedy whores.

Don't know that I'd really be able to put it more succinctly.

I hate to admit it, but yeah, you're right. I all seems to come down to what someone can gain. It doesn't really matter how many people die.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

When I responded to the question I figured, well...if NK has already been smashed...I don't think too much effort will be spent making us feel bad about it. Life goes on.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartak_FL

.And lets not forget seoul which is home to millions of people...

Really? Last time i checked Seoul is 60km from the DMZ and unreachable from just about all North Korean Artillery except Surface to Surface missiles which can easily be dealt with using the PAC 3.

Gotta love how N. Korea keeps throwing that around. In reality, Seoul would be just fine and any attempt by N Korea to shell it would fall very short.

Yes there are suburbs of Goyang. But still. facts are facts.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Spartak_FL]

I wouldn't count on the anti missile defence. It's not perfect. Especially when it'd have to manage up to 10,000 targets in a timed salvo, over a short period of time..

According to one report, a South Korean security analyst suggested that DPRK artillery pieces of calibers 170mm and 240mm "could fire 10,000 rounds per minute to Seoul and its environs." North Korea has about 500 long-range artillery tubes within range of Seoul, and the total rate of fire of thjese artillery pieces would be between 2,000 and 4,000 rounds per minute. The DPRK's two hundred 240mm MRLs fire either 12 or 22 rounds, providing a maximum single salvo of no more than 4,400 rounds.

source

What do you think all those thousands of rounds do exploding in a densely packed city, with 10 million people plus!

The North Korean border can pretty much only be taken out one way, using nuclear weapons in a simultaneous, perfectly timed, cruise missile based nuclear strike. Most NK troops will simply see a flash and then it's all over. No other method in 'current knowledge'
can be used to simultaneously kill a large amount of NKs power projection. Responding with conventional force (bombs and bullets), would take far too long and quite possibly cause much damage to Seol, as NK has many a chance to shell the crap out of them.

Originally posted by Spartak_FL

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Spartak_FL

Actually, Soul is about 35 miles from the border.
San Fransico Cronical

This puts about 1/2 of soul fully in range of artillary and the rest with a bit more elavation.

Sorry the article you quote is wrong. North Koreans have GRADS and 155 howitzers at best. They cannot reach Seoul. No way. Sorry

maps.google.com...

they would have to cross the DMZ.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Spartak_FL]

Regardless, you're forgetting the 170 to 240mm pieces, which could overwhelm innacurate defense systems. The NK can cross the dmz easily (either physically or with projectiles); it's called lots and lots of tunnels.

[edit on 26/7/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Defense Minister Kim Yong Chun issued the warning during a national meeting held on the eve of the anniversary of the armistice that ended the 1950-53 Korean War, the official Korean Central News Agency said.

"We will mercilessly and resolutely counter the enemy's sanctions with retaliation, its all-out war with all-out war," Kim told the meeting. "We will deal unimaginably deadly blows at the U.S. imperialists and the South Korean puppets if they ignite a war, obsessed with a foolish ambition."

Fox News

Firstly, read the entire statement - the last line ".. if THEY ignite a war, obsessed with foolish ambition."

This is a statement of defiance in face of threats from the US - he is NOWHERE saying anything aggressive - this is purely stating his plan to defend with everything he has got.

When are people really going to WAKE UP!??

Sheesh - he is RESPONDING to threats from the US - do you hear what they tell him? The threats they make? Is that reported in your MSM propaganda? One sided - biased - propaganda.

They have sanctioned his country to death - but the North Koreans are still standing.

Most people reading this don't even have a clue why you are killing and dieing in Afghanistan - but you are ready to go kill more for no reason?

Wake up - the NWO hate him because he stands against them - who's side are people on? Your government lies to you, leads you into wars on false pretenses, steals from you, wipes its ass on your rights - do you really think NK is your enemy?

You believe every damn thing your silly televisions tell you - all the while you run about bragging how 'aware' you are.

Pull your heads out of your collective butts - NK is suffering exactly the kind of negative media propaganda that lead the US to war with Iraq.

It reminds me of the US's moronic President at the time;

'Fool me once - .. and er, you .. er, you won't fool me again!'

People said he was dumb - but all can say is the American people who fall for this propaganda are a lot dumber than Bush.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I thought Kim Jong Il was a NWO role player himself. I am shocked to hear that he is against the NWO. After reading your post, I feel the need to meditate on this. I have to rethink my ideas with regards to the NWO.

If Kim Jong Il is opposed to NWO, then the NWO MUST not be what I thought, but something else entirely.

What I know about Kim Jong Il is this...he is a powerful psychic Vampire and likes to feast upon the internal organs of his victims without killing the victim. He and his father may have eaten a piece of my Grandfather's lung while he was in Korea in the 50s. He has an extensive intelligence apparatus with operatives even in the United States.

He is a hedonist with an insatiable appetite for all things known to man. He is lazy, but has somehow had success selling the Juche idea to his subjects.

I hear a lot of things about people and I got none of this from MSM.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by IDK88]

Furthermore to the above...the real reason for Kim's threats is that every attempt he has made, along with occupants from the deepest, darkness corners of the world, to overthrow the West over the last few years has met with failure and the only thing he has left is a handful of poorly designed bombs that he can't actually use unless he is attacked. His country is failing and the only thing that can save it is an American attack.

His economy is a joke, his troops and his people are hungry and he needs a scapegoat. He has no money, can't be trusted to stick to any agreement and top it all off the guy has an incurable form of cancer. His life is just about as bad as a person could get and if he can spin the world into chaos he die a happy man.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Defense Minister Kim Yong Chun issued the warning during a national meeting held on the eve of the anniversary of the armistice that ended the 1950-53 Korean War, the official Korean Central News Agency said.

"We will mercilessly and resolutely counter the enemy's sanctions with retaliation, its all-out war with all-out war," Kim told the meeting. "We will deal unimaginably deadly blows at the U.S. imperialists and the South Korean puppets if they ignite a war, obsessed with a foolish ambition."

In a separate dispatch, KCNA also denounced an upcoming military exercise between the U.S. and South Korea as aimed at invading the North. The planned maneuvers lay bear a "black-hearted aim lurking behind" their talk of "dialogue," it said.

How is this not a declaration of war? I am not for war, I am against it, but in a situation where a country's officials state they will deal "unimaginably deadly blows" to us, why is that not a war declaration?

I think it's time we did something about this little pest, before he does something to us.

Where are those snipers who solved that somalian pirate crisis?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What makes ME sad is that the people of North Korea have virtually no clue of what is outside their borders. A nation of 22 million brainwashed individuals (pun intended) that would only see a barrage of US missiles and no idea of why.

Kind of like getting sucker punched.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This guy is psychotic. He is also dying, which means he's got nothing much to lose if he triggers off Armageddon. Having said that, relax. He doesn't have the weaponry to do us much harm.

Theoretically he could just manage to lob a nuclear missile or two at Hawaii, or maybe even part of the West Coast (not sure about the West Coast). His problem is that he so far hasn't developed a reliable delivery system. The last missile fell into the ocean shortly after launch. Not saying he couldn't manage to hit us, but the odds are slim. I expect we'd have enough intel to know when he panned to nuke us, and could shoot his missile out of the sky before it got anywhere near us.

Maybe he's talking about biological weapons or something, but that seems a distant possibility. There's no intel about bioweapons. He'd have a hard time developing them, and it would be very difficult to hide. I suppose he could do it, but I doubt he has.

The guy's blowing smoke.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StonyJ

StonyJ you are so right.

Anyone who has actually been to a South East Asian country knows that they are mostly poor people. They spend all their time working hard to put food on their tables and caring for their families.

That have no inkling of what happens in other countries. Most of them have never travelled outside their own districts much less to another country.

They join the armed forces because it guarantees them meals. This does not make them war mongering people. They are just trying to survive.

Because they have a leader whose motives are questionable, doesn't mean the people have to suffer more at the hands of outsiders. Wanting to nuke people just because of where they live makes me feel sick.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If NK was just "wind from a windbag" the oh-so-mighty US would have taken care of it long ago... or at least would respond in some way.

I dont see the "mighty" US doing that...

Well I just think that they know that to stop NK they have to go there BY FOOT, on land, and there, man to man, they dont stand a chance. Plus the NK, besides the terrain advantage they have one think the US doesnt have - morale. US troops whine and cry to the cameras fighting iraqis dressed in rags holding WW2 rifles, and every time a GI dies, the people back in the US start to manifest against war and doing all that anti-war crap on streets and "bring our boys home" stuff... well NK can afford to lose 1000 men a day, it can lose a million, doesnt matter much for them cause they died for what they believed in, in their land, fighting the agressor, and they will keep coming and coming.

The US cant afford the losses and the whole country will go INSANE if 1000 men die in a day, plus if ANYTHING happens inside US soil, lets say, a nuke or a notable increase of random terrorist attacks through out the country, I'm not sure if the United States stay UNITED for long.

The US has much more to lose in a war against NK that NK has to lose, and defending is always a good position in these situations.

So the only thing I see is little kim poking and the US backing up cause they cant afford ANY of the possible consequences of that war.

Lets not talk about the part that the US are in a HUGE disadvantage because of the terrain topography and will have huge problems advancing through NK territory - M1s are useless, helis like the apache will be easy targets, and F22s and all that jazz that flies, that rely on speed cant excel when flying low, around the mountains, with close targets instead of the usual "hit and run 1000 miles away".

I believe that eventually the US could WIN the war, I just think that they cant afford the long run, the goal is too expensive in every aspect.

And we're talking about NK alone, because if China attends to the party, invited by NK, then the US dont stand a chance and could very well face invasion.

NK alone can and will stand their ground and will inflict a new Vietnam-like blow, probably stronger, and the US cant take the hit - NK is in total advantage and that explains why the US has done NOTHING about it. Because they cant, because they know the consequences and being one of them the dissolution of the "UNITED" they cant risk it.

And lets forget the huge amount of troops they have in Iraq and Afghanistan, and whatever, that cant be pulled back just like that because the moment they do that, with a war with korea, every country around israel with iran's support and possible leadership, will eradicate Israel from the face of the planet.

Every army is invincible, Rome was invincible, the Persians were invincible, hell even Hitler's Germany was invincible until they had a poor alocation of troops and supplies, and had to fight in 3 fronts. The US is not different from Germany, ancient Rome, etc. It will fall someday, past history assure us of that.

Advice to americans - stop being so full of yourselves and think no one can ever challenge the might of the US, cause in this case for instance, it could face the final tone for the US and what next? 50 rogue states fighting eachother? Total chaos? Country dissolution? Alliances between friendly "states" defending themselves against the "enemy states"? A new civil war? Think about what you can afford, what your country can afford, what you are willing to lose, the biggest threat comes from inside not from outside. And Maybe the south WILL rise again.

Dont forget

"There is no greater disaster
than underestimating your enemy.
Underestimating your enemy
means loosing your greatest assets.
When equal forces meet in battle,
victory will go to the one
that enters with the greatest sorrow."

Sun Tzu's Art of War.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by FraternitasSaturni]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
haha to the usa, why are you too scared to invade north korea when they are threatenin you, but you'll jump at the chance to invade iraq coz he tried to kill your daddy? I think you'll get a nasty surprise thinking that you could easily conquor NK. They could at least nuke Washington DC while all the govenment are there and cheneys takin a dump in the white house toilet. One can dream.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
The scariest thing about Kim jong ill(whatever)is his hair cut (wig?) what a wuss if this guy threatened my sister she would beat his donkey.

Team america,fk yeahh!

Joking aside Kim Jong must be pretty handy at martial arts,ITF Tae Kwon Do is designed for war by the late General Choi and I would persume this little chap knows it well like a lot in that country do!

Unless you are refering to your sister beating his Donkey,then yes if she had a big stick I can see that

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Seems to me that Kim Yong Chun is taking a page from Iran's playbook.

I disagree that this is all "wind"; an enemy that has nothing to loose is very dangerous, as like the movie WarGames -- the only sound move is not to play.

I don't see how North Korea is taking anything from Iran's playbook here. Iran has never threatened to attack anyone, only retaliation IF attacked, which is agreeable. I mean, I hope you don't expect them to just lie there and take it?

The other statement you might be thinking about has been challenged and Iran never mentioned attacking folks, nor have they ever attacked anyone.

I wonder how many posts in this thread can be traced back to Homeland Security? Hmmm...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Actually, you are completly wrong.

It is almost exactly like Iran and the M.E., which, by the way, had techs durning N.K's missile/rocket/nuke tests.

Iran has constantly threatened Isreal, over and over again, but being cowards, they use their lapdogs, Hamas and Hezbolla.

It is just Like China, pullin the strings and N.K. is like China's Hamas-loud mouth, threatening and in general trouble making.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Originally posted by argentus
Seems to me that Kim Yong Chun is taking a page from Iran's playbook.

I disagree that this is all "wind"; an enemy that has nothing to loose is very dangerous, as like the movie WarGames -- the only sound move is not to play.

I don't see how North Korea is taking anything from Iran's playbook here. Iran has never threatened to attack anyone, only retaliation IF attacked, which is agreeable. I mean, I hope you don't expect them to just lie there and take it?

The other statement you might be thinking about has been challenged and Iran never mentioned attacking folks, nor have they ever attacked anyone.

I wonder how many posts in this thread can be traced back to Homeland Security? Hmmm...

I just wonder if anyone can even read English -

The words used are; COUNTER - RETALIATION - in the event that a war is ignited by South Korea or the US.

Seriously - this is DEFENSIVE rhetoric - NK is saying nothing about attacking, only about defending.

I would agree - Iran has made the same type of statements - about DEFENDING!

You might want to ask WHY are they shouting about DEFENDING so much?

WHO IS MAKING THREATS AGAINST THEM?

Well - the stupid western media will never publish the threats made by the US against North Korea - it would be bad for the brainwashed masses to start understanding that it is the US and the west who are the aggressors.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

If and I edo mean"IF" what yuou say is correct, why not post some media links to that effect????

No links=no proof="your opinion "ONLY".

ou are ,of course, welcome to your opinion, but if you want anyone else to believe your opinion, you need varifiable facts/links.

I put it back on you, show me/ATS some of these mysterious threats the US is making to N.K.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Originally posted by masonwatcher

You also have plenty of 7/11 owners in the US of Korean descent so what do you know.

Yeah I can see it now, Lil Kimmy howling "OK you wretched Americans, I show you now! I will activate all my "sleeper cell" North Korean 7/11 owners and we shall raise the price of gummi bears and twinkies so high that we shall bring your fat capitalist arses to your chubby knees MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
He just got his lil international swagger on because he has nuclear arms now. I wouldnt take him lightly especially due to his health.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join