It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mind is at peace. Is yours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have recently been awakened to the world around me. I feel that I am starting to see the layers of truth behind the vast spawning of lies around the world. I am more comfortable with my communications around other people. I have been feeling really upbeat lately. I feel pretty confident. I have been in a outgoing mood lately. I'm able to share what's on my mind to others. I have my own thoughts to myself. I do my own independent learning. I feel that I can safely say that my mind is at peace.

What does it mean for your mind to be at peace? That is not a hard concept to answer. Many people will say that their mind is at peace. Do you really know that to be the case? A lot of people will just say that their mind is at peace, or, that they are at peace with the world. You don't know that. You can't ever know what they think or what they are feeling. I truly feel at peace with myself. My mind is calm. I am not completely care-free... this I know. I do know how I can think about my problems rationally and in a careful way.

I look at my life right now. I'm young. I'm 20 years old. I see a long life ahead of me. I have friends. I can talk to people when I'm down. I feel that I am cared about. I know that people like me. I like feeling liked. That makes me feel good about myself... it makes me feel the opposite of me feeling hated.

There is nothing to this really. It's just about being yourself. You will get the greatest reward from your life by just being yourself. You don't need to use NLP brainwashing techniques to get what you want. You don't need to call on the universe to help you get your desires. If you just be calm, be who you are, you will reap the rewards.

Life can be a tough journey. You may not always get what you want. You just have to cope with that. You have to rationalize with yourself and realize that while you may not get what you want all the time you will have to understand that and try to make the best out of every situation.

You don't make the best out of every situation by constantly holding grudges against other people and clinging to the past. If something bad happened to you in the past that has been bothering you for a really long time you shouldn't constantly be worrying about it. Not too long ago I took a pen and a notebook and I wrote down all of my major problems that was bothering me at the time and I felt mentally relieved a lot better-as- I was able to rationalize all of those thoughts from my head down on the notebook, and, I was able to get them sorted out, and, I feel better for having done so. Getting your thoughts down on paper will help you when you have been thinking about something a long time that you just want to get out but you really haven't been able to- because- it's been on your mind for a really lon gtime.

When I say that my mind is at peace I don't just mean that my mind is surreal and calm. I mean that I feel completely emotionally at peace and as well as mentally. I don't feel too much mental stress. It's like there isn't this constant tug in my mind- where- your thoughts are where I am constantly thinking about negative thoughts all the time. I feel confident about myself. I feel good about where I am in life. I am not using rhetoric on you here. I am explaining what my state of mind is. This is a state of mind I don't think I've experienced before. It's a conscious state of mind- I am aware of the world, I am pretty much aware of a lot of what's happening in the world, I don't know everything that's going on but I don't feel bad for not admitting that I don't, I can keep my head up. This state of mind is just kind of like a state of tranquility. I think that's the way to describe it. My mind right now doesn't feel that one of anger. It feels like I am calm. I can control my reactions to things. I feel pretty stable right now. It's a mental state where I can essentially relax- I- breath in and breath out and it's just like I feel no stress right now. I'm not stress free. It's just that my mind seems to be handling it quite well.

What I see in the world right now... I see a community of people talking to each other... when I think of people in the world I see a world in chaos. I see many minds that aren't at peace with themselves. These people's minds are really just how should I say- they're- just out of sync with the rest of the world. They're so bottle-neck into what they're doing... they fail to see the big picture, they fail to see where they are in the world. It's like these people have a limited capability. They only see themselves in the present. They can't see the past or the future. People need to be present minded, future minded, and past minded all at the same time. People in my mind should be present minded and future oriented, as, opposed to being past minded and present oriented. I see a lot of people who just can't pick up everything- they fail to see everything around them... they can get it sometimes... but they don't really get it 100%. I think people don't really understand what the rest of the world is like. They think they know everything because they have computers and television. Yet their mind is so distorted- their mind is so chaotic- that they only see their present state in life... they don't know what's going on around them. People are very oblivious to reality and what's happening. They don't understand what theories are. They don't understand what ideas are about reality. Their mind is never at peace. They can never do things they want to. They're always going about their business. They're always thinking about the next wedding that they have to go to. They're thinking about the next concert that they have to go to. They never stop and see and think for a second about where they are in history. Their minds are never in peace. If their minds were perhaps more in peace they could probably begin to stop and look at where we are in the world and maybe get more of a historical grasp of what's happening and appreciate life more. But these people don't even think about that.

My mind is at peace... I am saying this because this is what I'm feeling right now. I feel that I am getting closer to understanding the real way in which the world works. I know a lot more than I used to. I'm fine with that. What makes me at peace now is that I know that I can do something with my knowledge. I don't have to be at my home and just do nothing all the time. I can go on my computer and I can blog, I can post at ATS, I can tell people about my knowledge that I have, or, about what I see. I just know that the world can be changed. I have faith in people. I know that people will listen to me. We're acting like nothing in here in the world today will change or that if it will change the world will change for the worst. I feel that the world can change for the better. I am in fact confident that there is hope for the world.

We have so much trouble understanding the world. People hardly seem to be able to understand going to work, and, all that their job entails. They have difficulty with people who they work with. There are people who have a tough time at school. These people have many problems with themselves. I feel personally that you should solve all of the problems that you have before you go on to the rest of the world. One of the things that people often say about people in the real world is that they have so much to worry about. They have so many problems. I've dealt with conflicts myself. I've been in the real world. I am in the real world. I can overcome my challenges. I can still be who I am. I can still think about the world in the larger sense. I can still essentially feel more at calm with who I am, and, I won't feel angry by just essentially getting into trouble.

People make so many excuses up for these people who have their own problems who can't deal with it themselves. A lot of the world would be better off if they just acted rationally. If more people were sane and were rational the world would be a lot better off. These people can't seem to really just ever get along with other people in the world. They then make tons of excuses... and jokes like "Oh, I used to be really outgoing until this one girl dumped me". These people never are at peace with themselves. These people are never going to essentially get beyond phase one. These people don't see the outside world. These people only see themselves. Their minds aren't at peace. They can't even solve their own problems.

I can solve my own problems. My mind can be at peace because I can deal with my problems in a careful and rational way. I think that the best method of dealing with emotional problems is to deal with them in a careful method of discourse. You see so many people talking to people and it's like they act like complete jerks, or, it's not that they act like complete jerks, but they act very stupid on instant messanging, or, something else, and then they go on to complain on and on about what happened. Or they make fun of these people- and- they post these conversations online, and, they act like they won't get any consequences from their behavior. These people's minds are a bit irrational. Then you have these people who interact with other people and they talk to other people and they ask other people what they did wrong when they could have just acted differently and more rationally towards the other person and the problem would have been a lot better. I think the problem I'm getting at is that a lot of people just act stupidly- then- they get all heated up and they act they did nothing wrong and they fret up all about it.

I just think it's odd how these types of people act. They can't deal with their problems rationally. Their mind isn't at peace. They can't think straight. My mind is at peace. Is yours?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Well I certainly hope you stay this way my friend.

I am 23 and can tell you A LOT has happened b/w 20-23.........

This is good to hear, just remember this when something 'bad' comes your way, if it does that is.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Are you a better listener now that you are at peace?
I had formed the impression of you based on previous posts that (forgive me and no offense intended) you were better at transmitting than receiving (nothing wrong with that, plus my impression of course has no claim to truth, and says more about me than it does about you, etc.)...but so I did want to ask...
And to answer your question, I am never at peace, dissatisfaction is my number-one virtue...that's what got us monkeys out of the trees, yes?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I would say that I am a better listener now that I am at peace. Yes. I do find it much easier to listen to what other people have to say and tell them what it is that is on my mind. I have actually noticed that I have been better at listening to other people. It helps me really in a conversation. I would say that your observation about me in the past being more of a transmitter is quite accurate. I see myself more balanced between the spectrum on that side... I mean like in many conversations in real life I've often found that I have been better at moving conversations forward, in part, I think because I'm a better receiver than I have been in the past.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

To my mind then that does support your contention that you are now at peace.
And thank you for not taking offense, because I wasn't trying to be scratchy.
Have you been able to lift others around you into your mood, infect them with it, pull them out of their movie and into yours? And if so, what do you think the trick is - so to speak - not really a trick, but, what does it take?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
very wise words for a 20 year old. you make some great points.

The only thing I will say from my own experience is that the 20-30 year period in your life can be the most intense. It's a time of cementing relationships, making the life changing decisions marriage, children, mortgages, funerfals. as you get older all the pressures mount up. Its funny I'm only 30 now but when i speak to my friends its amazing what we have been through in the last 10 years. So many life changing events

still if you follow the words you have written you sound like you'll be prepared. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Your posts are too long and tedious!

Anyway - my mind is at peace, but my hands are frustrated that they are not choking the sh-t out of some Goldmanite or Bilderberger.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

There is nothing to this really

You are 20 years old and healthy. Try telling us that 'there is nothing to this really' when you are twice your age ... when people you trusted have pissed on you ... when people you loved have cut out your heart ... when your body is in constant pain and constantly painfully failing ... when doctors can't help ... when God turns His back to your requests for help ... when you realize that morons run the world and you really have no say in it .... and so on ....

Live a little and then tell us 'there is nothing to this really'.

In the mean time ... enjoy your peace.
But don't ever think 'there is nothing to this really' or you'll be put to the test .. hard.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Let's see... if I understand your post correctly let me respond. I actually try to avoid doing that. I don't think I've actually gone as far to try to pull them out of their perspective of things and put them into mine. What I have found effective- I think- is to try to talk to them on their level. I can talk to them about things in my world- like- about what I am thinking and such... but I don't think I have gone as far as to push them into my perspective of things. In fact I've tried to avoid doing that primarily because when I've done that in the past- I have lacked human communication with them, so, I mainly try to keep a balance, I'll talk to them about certain things about myself, and I'll let them talk as much as they want. I find it more helpful to let them talk first- and then- I'll bring them more into my world after I've let them talk for a bit. But I try to avoid doing it- as- I try to avoid making it all about me... I often find when you talk to people- and- you're in sync with them they'll be on the same level with you. But, in my mind- you should really let them be themselves- as- I find it a perversion of human communication if you just control people too much, if that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I can see vividly what you're saying. I would say that 20 years old for me is an age where I am meeting people, and, I'm cementing how I interact with other people in the world. I am very much aware that there is more to life than when I am 20 years old. And that more will happen in the future.

reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, I try not to rely on God, or a guardian spirit as much as I can. I know that I am 20 years old. I know that I am young. I've already been through a lot in my mind. And right now I feel that a lot of that has been settled out- so- now I feel at peace for a majority of the stuff that's happened to me. I have no doubt that there will be turmoil in my life later on. But as of right now- peace is with me, and, I feel settled, and calm.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You're mind is at peace? Well, good for you. In honesty, I can not for a second fathom how anyone in this world can achieve peace of mind when there is so much suffering, rape, murder, starvation...you name it! And the masses consciously ignore these problems, trivialise them, shrug them off, convince themselves they are 'civil' and 'superior' to the other species of this planet...Ughhh! And double ughhh!

And yet, even with all that, you have achieved peace of mind...I envy you, because quite frankly, this Earth is doing my freakin' head in!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

There is nothing to this really

You are 20 years old and healthy. Try telling us that 'there is nothing to this really' when you are twice your age ... when people you trusted have pissed on you ... when people you loved have cut out your heart ... when your body is in constant pain and constantly painfully failing ... when doctors can't help ... when God turns His back to your requests for help ... when you realize that morons run the world and you really have no say in it .... and so on ....

Live a little and then tell us 'there is nothing to this really'.

In the mean time ... enjoy your peace.
But don't ever think 'there is nothing to this really' or you'll be put to the test .. hard.

Well said flyers and i 100% agree! Im in my early twenties,i know i have worse things to come in life.To franks question.Am i at peace with myself? not a snowballs chance in hell.My confidence,social life,career prospects,mental health are in tatters and have been for years.Got the short end of the straw i guess,but alot of people are worse off than me,doesn't help thinking that at the down times though.Im glad your doing fine frank and have a good environment to live and expand into for the years ahead.Remember though all it takes is a split second for a tower that has been built for decades to come crashing down,it's at those times people are truly tested.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
At peace ?
No at slightly double your age , I am not at peace. Nor will I be until I'm dead.

I do however believe that despite not being where I thought I'd be, I am where I need to be.
And with this I am content.

top topics

join