It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Politics Of Distraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The media corporations claim that they provide objective news and information. The people we have trusted to inform us are the ones that have deceived us the most. When we look at (CNN) we see the view from the left. When viewing (Fox) news we get the view to the right. This gives most people the idea is that we have a choice in our Country. We have power to choose our leaders and lawmakers.

As many of us know this is not the case. We then search for independent news sources, which have no political or fiscal agenda. When was the last time we heard the words “Free Press”? Corporate media giants are all controlled by our Shadow Governments. We simply need to follow the money trail to get to this conclusion.

Our system of information control is so sophisticated and subtle that it goes by unnoticed. This is not something we can’t change, nor vote on. The corruption is well organized to distract and pursued the lost sheep, through mass manipulation.

Just look at all the recent news we have missed. This is only logged for about a month. Think of all we have missed over the years. Think of all those who don’t have computer access or simply have the basic TV stations. They believe everything they hear and don’t see what is most important.

Yes Michael Jacksons death was news and turned in to a long 24/7 soap opera on all large corporate media channels. They claim this is what the people want to know about. While all along the Constitution is being rearranged and bills are flying through congress..

“There is no such thing in America as an independent press. You know it and I know it. The business of the New York journalist is to destroy the proof, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to sell his country for his daily bread. We are the tools of vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks; they pull the strings and we dance. We are intellectual prostitutes.” The media, which was given First Amendment rights by the Founders and expected to be watchdogs is, instead, in the politics of distraction.

Let’s review what has taken place in the last few weeks that went unreported in the mainline media.

The May 24th Sunday Times of London reported the super-rich “philanthropists” gathered at the Manhattan home of Sir Paul Nurse, a British Nobel prize-winning biochemist and president of the private Rockefeller University, for a “summit convened on the initiative of Bill Gates, the Microsoft co-founder.

” The purpose of the conference was to discuss “joining forces to overcome political and religious obstacles to change.” [1] The New Age movement is alive and well under President Barack Obama as he travels the world believing he is making new friends with former adversaries. [Read]

The last two weeks in July the rich and famous secret rulers of the world will be flying by private jets into the San Francisco and Santa Rosa, California airports for the annual meeting at the Bohemian Grove where they conduct New World Order business in a pagan atmosphere. Perhaps a few lines will be written in the local papers but never the true intent of the gathering and outside of that area, these meetings are rarely reported in the print media.

Following are a few things that went unreported during the days the media was directing all its attention to Michael Jackson’s death and memorial and the Sotomayer confirmation hearings. [Read]

Farrah Fawcett received a little fanfare with her pre-arranged death documentary but Oscar Meyer, who died at the same time as Jackson received little notice. However, his jingle will be remembered long after Jackson’s songs are forgotten. Someone wrecked the Weiner mobile on July 17th. That received coverage.

President Obama was visiting Russia during the Michael Jackson coverage offering to slash our nuclear stockpiles by one-third. President Reagan knew that Peace Through Strength was the only way to thwart threats from our enemies and Obama continues to apologize to other countries about America’s “evil” past.

The Cap and Trade bill passed the House. Our personal electricity bills will rise and businesses will pass their higher rates on to consumers if it becomes law.

The Health Care and Hate crime bills were hurriedly being worked on during the Sotomayer confirmation hearings. President Obama wanted a vote on these bills before the August recess fearing Congressmen and Senators will return home and will be bombarded with opposition by disgruntled voters – many who put their “hope” in him at the ballot box on November 4, 2008.

The Hate Crime bill, which even protects pedophiles, is being implemented as an amendment to the Defense Authorization bill to eliminate debate and to assure passage. Staffers are becoming rude and phones are being disconnected or found to be continually busy.

Also during the Sotomayer confirmation hearings, President Barack Obama met with top labor leaders to push for a second stimulus bill that he believes will produce more union jobs.

When our elected leaders want to cover up something, they use the media for smoke screens. Let’s face it. Nothing happens in Washington, D.C. that someone doesn’t know about but it is kept under cover until they need a “scandal.”

Was all this a smoke screen to hide steps being taken to march America into its appointed place in the New World Order?

Read Full Article;
www.newswithviews.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think we are all being played, we need to unite to get rid of the power brokers who are trying to run everything. The left and the right are both not where the people want to be. Rather than following the corrupt politicians we need to lead and rebuild our nation the way the constitution layed it out.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Star, and Flag to the OP.

Yep, it's becoming more, and more apparent at the mechanisms of control used by the Elite.

All the media is designed to do is stir people into a stupor, and take the final given single choice....

Absolute BS is the MSM

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This reminds me of my thread: The Politics of Distraction and Deception from September of last year. I don't agree with everything in your sources, but it's important to know that we ARE being distracted. Too bad most people who are being successfully distracted aren't reading ATS...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Youre right about the left and right not being where the people want them.

I thought this was a dead thread. I'm glad you guys had an interest. I thought it was weird; although we already knew it was happening.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Control is right. People think they have a choice. It's hard for most to imagine this scenario but it happens daily.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wow I would think it would have popped up in my search but thanks for the link. Yours came out in September mine came out on July 22nd 2009 called THE POLITICS OF DISTRACTION. I had to change the heading due to having all caps. Thanks I'll read yours too. What do you disagree with on my source?

www.newswithviews.com...

top topics

join