It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If USA falls, where would you move to?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
In the current economical situation America is in, and all those predictions out there in the new future about the dumping of the dollar and such, where would the best place you would move to? Would Canada be a good option? Or should we move overseas maybe to Australia or the UK? How would countries in South Africa be affected? Would China be a good place to move to?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I knew this was going to happen, so 10yrs ago moved to New Zealand, best thing that ever happened to me. I could never go back to the insanity I left. There are only 3 cities in the US I consider half sane and they are already starting to show signs of cracking. I will feel horrible for those who are crushed under the weight of the collapse especially friends and family. How could I be such a traitor? Well, I consider myself an Earthling, I chose to live in a nice place on Earth, wherever it is I'll go there unbound by a flag.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
If I were in America, I would just stay. If things fail completely, eventually things would get back to normal, just like they did after the Civil War and Great Depression. Things may get tough for a while and America may not be the tog dog on the block anymore, but that'd be good for the country. Americans could start focusing on America again, as other countries would have to start taking care of themselves, and it would be good for Americans to get a reality shock. It would put their priorities straight and make them realize they have to work for stuff instead of the government just handing them stuff.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
North Korea or Iran or Jerusalem. Or the mouth of a crocodile. Just to get it over with.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Your all more than welcome to stay here, good old "NORN IRON" that's Northern Ireland for those not in the know..
Plenty of world class salmon fishing, loads of space for building, we love to banter and conspiracies is are favorite subject, in the bar.. we don't have such a great economy so we are used to getting by with next to nothing, there's loads of country side to explore and its any excuse to have a knees up "bring your own". it rains more than average so you can stack up water free of charge, "for now" proffered people are "Rednecks" no insult intended, because their into 4x4pickups and guns an hunting/camping.. just my sort of people. and my favorite subject survival and 911. so its an open house for all . more than Welcome

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well you can cross out all the western nations as they have socialized medical care in their countries... the same ones most of the loony right on here see as tools of the commies....

You can cross out the rest of em western nations as well as they all provided a stimulus of some sort to themselves similar to those of america.

Preferbly the policies people cite as a reason to leave america they will find more so hard to avoid in the rest of the world. If anything, the the rightwings definition of doom and gloom, the rest of the world is already commie and america is on the path. Whats left for them to go? Uhh Turkey?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'd stay right here. With no fed breathing down my neck every waking moment and holding a gun to my head to confiscate my earnings and property I might be able to start living the life I actually want to live.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'd probably flee to New Zealand. It is not hated by anyone as far as I know (At least not any of the Nuclear Nations) and would provide a safe haven in the event of World War or Civilization collapse in America and the Western world.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

If the US falls there will be utter chaos and travel will probably not be an option as airports and bus services may not be operational. So don't count on those services. Something realistic is to find a sparsely populated area in a large forest like a national park.

Make sure there is a water source of some kind, be it a rivers, stream, etc. You can filter the water quite easily using layers of sand and charcoal and then boiling. This removes most parasites, chemicals and heavy metals.

A forest provides countless sources of food, from wild edibles to small animals and insects.

For defense and security you will want to have a few people you can trust.

I've been thinking that with all the armed gangs in cities, the last place anyone will want to be is there. They will be taking what they want without much trouble. Best advice, get yourself armed somehow. Guns are only useful as long as you have ammo or can make ammo. Spears, bows and other primitive weapons will make a big comeback.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well - from an economic point of view - I think Australia, Canada and SOuth Africa are all going to weather the storm fairly well - because they are commodities based economies.

However, they are also very controlled - and can, and probably will be quickly turned into prison camps.

My opinion would be to move to SE Asia, China and Hong Kong are both quite western and English is common with decent communities of expats.

Get out of the US and UK while you have your sanity and life
SE Asia has far more freedoms than just about anywhere in the world - you can do just about anything you like without having to sign forms or ask permission from anyone.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Patagonia .... to become a snow pirate.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I am staying when it goes down and I will tell you why.

America's largest problem is the vast population that takes without giving. I am not restricting this to the common, yet rapidly increasing welfare population but the governmental and corporate welfare recipients.

Throwing money at a problem is like the old proverb of give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach him to fish and he can eat for a lifetime. A few like the idea of a currency that is tangible as a good or service in exchange for a note yet lack the foresight of what a dollar actually is.

A dollar already is a dollar's worth of labor that is exchanged. The problem come not from an oversupply inflation devaluing the dollar but that variable of the value between professions. For a person flipping burgers at minimum wage of $7.50/hr a dollar is 8 minutes of work. For the $300/hr lawyer it is 12 seconds. For both the individual welfare recipient and corporate bailout recipient it is zero effort. Just different amounts of time sitting on their butts doing nothing and being handed money.

That is the problem. When you can benefit without effort, why change the situation? Greatest results with the least effort is the very definition of efficiency, however results with zero effort causes laziness.

So when/if American takes the plunge and the deadwood moves or is removed (by natural selection) those that remain just might have a vested interest in making this country better than it ever was.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm thinking Texas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
In the current economical situation America is in, and all those predictions out there in the new future about the dumping of the dollar and such, where would the best place you would move to? Would Canada be a good option? Or should we move overseas maybe to Australia or the UK? How would countries in South Africa be affected? Would China be a good place to move to?

We're quite happy here in Oz and don't really need the extra population !

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'd stay put tight here. First of all, if the US collapses then expect a domino effect to cascade across the globe. You saw a preview of that with the 2008 financial crisis. No place would be spared and the same problems would be experienced globally.

I look at this way - IF the US failed, that simply means that the government fails and the currency fails. So what!? That's probably a good thing. It would be like having the shackles removed once and for all. We would finally be free again! Then I could begin to live the kind of life that I want for my family and myself - free from government intervention and harassment. And as far as the "Chaos and anarchy" that people fear? Yeah, there woudl be some but I'm prepared and so are thousands of others. I'd actually expect to see more of a post 9/11 type of environment where people are working together and helping one another out. In short, a much better world!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would so be on a flight to France. I would live in the Loire Valley somewhere and enjoy my time left on Earth. I have always wanted to live in France so that is definitely where I would go.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Uh, the freest country in the world, duhhh

THE NETHERLANDS!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Hopefully if that were to ever happen, everyone who wants a free ride will migrate somewhere else and leave it to the productive half of society to rebuild our nation.

Unless the land is blighted / poisoned and nothing can grow I see no need to leave.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Uh, the freest country in the world, duhhh

THE NETHERLANDS!!!

Hmmm.

Rankings: The 2006 State of World Liberty Index

RANK COUNTRY
1 Estonia
2 Ireland
3 Canada
4 Switzerland
5 Iceland
6 Bahamas
7 United Kingdom
8 United States
9 Cyprus
10 New Zealand
11 Luxembourg
12 Chile
13 Australia
14 Hong Kong
15 Finland
16 Lithuania
17 Austria
18 Uruguay
19 Netherlands
20 Latvia

EDIT: The countries that got an "Individual Freedom" rank of 1 through 10 are:

Rank of 1 (Best)
6 Bahamas
11 Luxembourg
30 Malta
42 Barbados

Rank of 2
2 Ireland
4 Switzerland
5 Iceland
15 Finland
19 Netherlands
22 Denmark
31 Norway

Rank of 3
27 Slovak Rep., The

Rank of 4
23 Czech Rep., The
44 Slovenia

Rank of 5
1 Estonia

Rank of 6
10 New Zealand
24 Hungary
33 Sweden

Rank of 7
17 Austria
20 Latvia

Rank of 8
21 Germany
29 Belgium

Rank of 9
3 Canada
16 Lithuania

Rank of 10
28 Portugal

[edit on 7/25/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I agree with a few of the other posters. "I ain't goin nowhere!"

I'm sick to death of paying 1/2 my earnings to a government that doesn't listen to the people. If the "US Falls" it would be the fiat money and government that would fall, not the American People.

Will there be chaos? Yes. Will there be hardships? Yes. Will there be times when I want to throw my hands in the air and give up? Yes. But you know what? That's life. It continues and you move on and try to make things better for yourself and your family.

Will there be people who help each other? Yes. Will there be opportunity? Yes. Will there be FREEDOM? YES!

I'd rather take my chances here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join