It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If USA falls, where would you move to?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Mexico...
After all, arent they all here now collecting benefits anyway?
Should be alot of room there nowadays...

Anyone know a shady driver with an old beat up van
that would haul me and about 20 of my buddies too?

[edit on 25-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You mean, where Raven is moving after her studies are over, regardless?

1. Madagascar.
2. Galapagos.
3. Australia.
4. The Amazon
5. Ghana
6. The Falkland Islands
7. The Aleutian Islands
8. Vietnam
9. Polynesia
10. Switzerland

Yeahhhhhh. I've got it all planned out.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

I agree, I'm staying here.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
People don't really comprehend what would happen if the US economy collapsed. NO MONEY.. So the prison system would be opened and all inmates escaped, no police, no fire, no medical, nothing. Gangs would rule all and be bolstered by the re-integration of pissed of and brutal prisoners set free. As you smile away that you are finally free, your wife and daughters are being gang raped by the crips who now control your region. You would fight back with your guns but they were stolen when some rednecks broke into your house and nearly beat you to death. Where will you get food, clean water? The list goes on. People are living in cloud-koo-koo land if they think a collapse equals a fresh new start lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Stay and fight. To do otherwise is cowardly beyond words. And don't give me that "survival before honor" bullcrap. Survival means nothing without quality of life. You wanna go live under a bridge with the other bums, fine, but you're surviving for no reason. I'd rather die fighting for my family and property than survive in the gutter.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It will be to late to leave once the SHTF. I plan to go to south Asia by the end of the year but i worry about waiting too long. But i will get there one way or another even if it means commandeering a ship.

Stay and fight? Fight what...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think at first I would head to northern Michigan, then to Canada. From there, it would be a toss up between staying in Canada, or heading to the UK or New Zealand, possibly Australia - depending on what is happening. I might even consider Alaska with all of its natural resources.

I am thinking head to the northern country, and where there are mountains. First, the hunting would be better, and mountains provide plenty of caves to call home in a temporary emergency.

I would think that the further north you go, the less likely you are to run into trouble. Less people, but still - with the right tools, equipment, and training - still be able to survive.

Now, I am talking an emergency. If things are just crappy, like they are now, but manageable - then I would just stay in the States, but stay close to family and friends.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
Americans could start focusing on America again, as other countries would have to start taking care of themselves, and it would be good for Americans to get a reality shock. It would put their priorities straight and make them realize they have to work for stuff instead of the government just handing them stuff.

I agree with a lot of this but I do want to point out that the majority of Americans do work, pay bills and pay taxes. The govt., big business, special interest and media seem to have forgotten that these people actually even exist.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
Stay and fight? Fight what...

Fight the government, fight the law, fight the looters, fight all those who have basically destroyed America — and if this means joining a "rebel alliance" or paramilitary militia group, so be it.

The reason we're losing America is because of the cowards who are frightened of taking action, who run and hide when the going gets tough, who would rather entrust their security to an increasingly corrupt government.

Guess what? If you don't like where America's headed, you're going to hate Canada, or the UK, or wherever you choose to hide.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Good Evening,

Yup Move North. Actually this is probably a bad idea. The mountains, although provide a nice imaginary existence of living off of the land in caves etc, has absolutely no sense of humor. In Western Canada the Rockies get cold, from about the beginning of Oct. to the end of May, if you aren't a winter survival nut, you will die.

There are also animals, that will find you to be a healthy meal. The bears are real, and standing up shouting at them with your hands raised in the air, is pretty much a dinner call. Distances are also something you will probably not be prepared for. Things are really really really far away. That stream you see in the distance will take about 2 days at a walk to get to, and those animals that eat you, also drink water from that stream.

Caves are pretty much a no go. Although a natural shelter, you will quickly find that they are a natural shelter for all types of animals. In the spring, it's not uncommon to see a beautifully warm day drop 40deg c and turn into a winter hell. The snow, can also get deep. I'm talking really really deep. In some areas a 4-6 foot snow fall is pretty common. On the bright side, that snow is fresh water you can melt and use.

The Canadian Mountains are beautiful and majestic. They are not to be trifled with. If you do choose to abandon your home for Canada, I would suggest you bring warm clothes extra survival gear and bear spray.

Thanks for reading.
..Ex

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Well, if other countries are as friendly towards immigrants as Americans than I guess US citizens have to stick it out within the borders of the US......

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Obviously I was kidding about mexico, I like my water....

I'm with you Doc, got a spare room btw? (kidding again)

Instead of having tea parties, why not just have a shtf party?

We are too fat, lazy, freaked out, conditioned and scared to do much else anyway.
But anything is possible I guess.
Edit for easier reading!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
def would be either PR or South America.....no doubt....at least theyre _______ tells them about UFOs lol

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The Canadian Rockies are utterly unforgiving. Above 6000 feet, it's winter pretty much year-round, snow in the summer, lakes frozen solid. Below 6000 feet, you're going to get stomped to death by moose or mauled by grizzly. I can just imagine the death toll when a few hundred thousand naive American refugees descend on the Pacific and Inland Northwest, thinking they're going to survive off of the land. They'll die of exposure and starvation, and the wilderness will eat them alive.

Canada also has a miserable economy, 80% unemployment in some areas, and they're not going to tolerate an invasion of needy American refugees. More than likely, the rural Canadians will rob you of all your material possessions at gunpoint, and leave you to die in the wilderness.

On second thought, perhaps this is a solid solution to America's problems. Send the cowards packing up north, where Nature will recycle them into bear dung.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
v3_Exceed - I think you have given just about every reason why there won't be any humans around - it's too inhospitable for most people. That's exactly the kind of place you would want to go if things got really bad.

Yes, you would have to gain some winter survival and outdoor survival skills, but that's a given. Having grown up in the northern country, I think it would be easier to adapt there than fighting it out in the warmer states. Especially if you band together with people of like mind, and who have winter survival skills.

You also don't have to head to the coldest mountains available. I think you could be on the outskirts of the mountains and still fare better than living in a city. Northern Michigan, while not mountainous, is very thinly populated, and would make a great place to get away from danger, as would northern Minnesota. The amount of wildlife, open land, and natural resources would make it an ideal situation for someone wanting to live off the land. And there are plenty of trees available to build a comfortable shelter if you have the right tools.

Bears can't survive bullets last I heard, and a very shallow cave - not a deep one, can provide some kind of temporary shelter until you are able to build a cabin or similar structure. Again, studying winter survival skills would be a given.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

You are right Doc, da bears will be eatin' good!
Also what still amazes me is when people think they can just grow all their food, no prob!
More rude awakenings to come I'm afraid. Star and respect for you.
reply to post by CookieMonster09

I am also amazed at the tenacity of humans to survive!
I am sure many willl find a way.
For the mentally prepared, we'll be fine whatever happens.

Good luck if it ever happens, you'all have a friend here anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09
Bears can't survive bullets last I heard...

So that's the plan? Not run away to survive, but run away to subdue nature with bullets and the same old "me first" mentality that is ruining the USA?

Yes, bullets will kill a bear, if you have time to aim, if you're damned lucky and a damned good shot. But, in my experience in the Pacific and Inland Northwest, you don't always have time to aim when danger looms.

I mean, I've had a goddamned moose in rut step out in the trail right in front of me, with no warning. For those who don't know, a moose in rut will scare the hell out of a kodiak grizzly, nevermind a tiny little human. When megafauna starts chasing you, you'd better have your wits about you, because a gun isn't going to save your ass.

In my case, I jumped off a cliff and climbed down a blue spruce to escape the moose.

Point is, you've gotta use three-dimensional thinking to survive in the wilderness — your linear, two-dimensional, A+B=C routines are not going to save you. And that's why I maintain that the majority of those who flee into the hills seeking refuge from social meltdown are going to end up as buzzard and worm food.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
These types of threads are popping up on Forums all over the internet.

Americans deciding where they would prefer to go and live overseas.

But what makes you think any other country will accept Americans these days?

Suppose a hundred and fifty million Chinese after some discussion on the internet, and research, all decide to immigrate to America when the economy or politics in China goes bad ?

Yeah, the State Department will not only welcome all one hundred fifty million Chinese, put them ALL on welfare, they will invite another two hundred and fifty million of their relatives to come and live in America as well.

Americans just cannot understand this problem. A small country is just not going to allow a vast and very sudden population migration from a much larger country, just because people wish to go and live there.

It is actually funny hearing so many Americans say we will all come and live in New Zealand, it sounds like such a lovely little place..

Do you really expect a country that has a total population of just under four million to suddenly accept an influx of maybe eight million Americans ?
It ain't going to happen under any circumstances.

Maybe a very few thousand at the very most, if you are lucky, and apply early. But you could be waiting years, even if you are eventually successful.

Same goes for many other small countries.
You should have been out of the US ten years ago. Now it is really too late.

It is no longer a question of where would you like to go, but who will accept you as an immigrant these days. The world is full of refugees trying to escape something.

Americans simply cannot understand any of this.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
All this talk about going somewhere is almost insane. if you haven't gone somewhere by now, you're not going. Time to make the jump has past. Most people will end up right where they are. Get real people. No one except an expert is going to survive in a northern wilderness area for any length of time. Please, get real for once. just because an area would make a great escape area, doesn't mean anyone can really get there and survive. the logistics involved in a move to escape a crisis are many. yes , they can be done, but realistically, for how long. A week, a month, six months???

If you're going to go, go, and beat the crowd, because when the trouble starts, I'm going to try to make a stand where I'm at, and hope I have a fighting chance on home territiory. Is my home location the best place?? Maybe not, but I'm familiar with the area, and know where the threats would come from, and have neighbors that will help, especially if I share my stuff. A small price to pay for extra security.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Please,
Do NOT answer this OP post in detail. Nobody but close relatives need to know where your hidey hole is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join