It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Equalling Christ with "Christianity" please

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

All I am saying is feel good, ok? Because so many people do not feel good.

And if you can have Jesus as well, so much the better.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Oh, haha, I was responding to Helios, ..... spellbound, I agree with you brotha.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by heliosprime

Hitler was evil, and he called upon Jesus even while he was murdering people? Words fail - me - the man should burn in Hell and he probably is.

Matt 7:21

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now do you get it?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Please, enlighten my ignorance.

I have to do two lines so please enlighten me, oh ye who know all about Jesus.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Although I agree that Christ was never meant to be worshipped, ... I find it comical for you to state christs role when he " returns to earth" .... based on solely a bible scripture, passing it on as fact.

Comical? what? Scripture is the only "fact" there is, where do you get your "facts" about the return of Christ?

Have you not read Revelations?, Daniel?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I have read the bible, many times, ..... and the idea that you believe these writings to be " fact" .... means that you are obviously beyond the point of intelligent disscusion. You follow blindly, the very gifts god has given you, .... are beyond your sight. ... how can I ask you to see the truth, ... when you can't even see beyond the box you live in ?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Please, enlighten my ignorance.

I have to do two lines so please enlighten me, oh ye who know all about Jesus.

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

So when Jesus returns, you think he is going to say "oh never mind all those commandments, just jump on this cloud with me"?

Everyone is forgiven everything because you called on me?

That is NOT what Jesus said.

The tribulation kills around 4/5's of the planet BEFORE he returns....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Once again , ... stop using scripture as basis for " facts" ..... is your mind even capable of such a thing ??? .... to assume that every bible passage is not absolute truth ??? Have you any idea of who wrote such things, or where they come from ??? yet you hold onto them so blindly. .... all I'm saying is .... Use the mind that god gave you !! ....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I have read the bible, many times, ..... and the idea that you believe these writings to be " fact" .... means that you are obviously beyond the point of intelligent disscusion. You follow blindly, the very gifts god has given you, .... are beyond your sight. ... how can I ask you to see the truth, ... when you can't even see beyond the box you live in ?

The fact that you are so arrogant that the bible has little meaning to you as fact, tells me much. Perhaps it is you who are blind. Few who claim to read the bible "many times" have any understanding of its truth or meaning.

If the bible confuses you, perhaps you should pray for better understanding and have actual "faith" in God.........

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Once again , ... stop using scripture as basis for " facts" ..... is your mind even capable of such a thing ??? .... to assume that every bible passage is not absolute truth ??? Have you any idea of who wrote such things, or where they come from ??? yet you hold onto them so blindly. .... all I'm saying is .... Use the mind that god gave you !! ....

So what parts of the bible do you wish to discard? Which parts condem you and you wish to ignore them?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

YES, S&F. You are so right.

Jesus saves, and guess what, if you are doing the gagging thing right now, be my guest and go vomit instead of having Jesus.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I would have thought the clue is in the name...CHRISTianity...maybe that's where it comes from, hmmm? The name just means 'anointed', it's not an actual surname.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

I believe the jewish historian spoke of Jesus, Pilate, and the Crucifixion. I might be wrong about the last one, but not the first two.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
For those of you who do not believe in God and do believe that his Son is Jesus, thr Anointed One, may I make a suggestion?
Read the four gospels. Ignore the rest of the bible. Just read the four gospels. Place the majority of your attention on the actual words of Jesus. Pay close attention to the parables that Jesus used to teach the masses and the disciples. Learn the Beattiudes. Memorize the Sermon on the Mount.
Then ask yourself what you have to lose by following the teachings of Jesus for one year. I do not ask you to believe in God, not do I ask you to believe in Jesus as the Son of God. I ask only that you live your life by the teachings of Jesus for one year. At the end of that year, ask yourself if your life is better, worse, or just the same. Ask, at the end of that year if your life has made more of a difference than it has before.
Are any of the atheists and agnostics who attack God and Jesus with so much hate willing to give up that hate and try the experiment?
If not, then tell us what you have to lose? Or is the challange more than any of you are up to?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It is my view that Christ was trying to illuminate the pathways that would dissolve the false image, that would bring the shadows into the light. Then, we as a species would be forced to look at the true nature of things, and honest communication between self and other would be possible. I also believe that if this sort of dawn to the wake happened on a critical mass level, then we would be well on our way to building somewhat of a paradise on earth. Too bad controlling, selfish humanity tends to always block the general process, because then the parasites would no longer be in control. Positive social change might happen at an exponential rate, almost certainly would, if we ceased to be asleep and ceased to orgasm over our differences.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Following on from a point touched upon by other contributors :

With the source of your knowledge of "Jesus" being the bible . How do you hold the book in such, presumably high regard , when its compliers & custodians we as you say "corrupt" ?

Do you acknowledge the possibility , that the collection of books you know as the bible, may also of been corrupted ?

The Institution of "Church" indeed, has finally threaded the camel through the eye of the needle. A rags to riches story played out through the centuries .

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I believe his main goal was to help people understand their true nature, ..... as he said " I am the son of god, ye are my brothers and sisters" ...... " These things and more shall you do "

... He wasn't trying to be worshipped, ... he was trying to help us understand our true potential ...... and that we are equals.

Absolutely.

I don't see that Christianity has much to do with Jesus. I also think much of his strength and fire was taken away in the retelling. They strip him of his incandescence. His story is much, much older than these religions would have people think.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Uh, Christ doesn't have anything to do with Christianity?

It's named after him. He has everything to do with it.
(I'm proud to say).

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Well, to me he doesn't.
His message was of strength and beauty.
Not blood sacrifice and judgement, which is what you will find in the church.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne[/i\

Christians believe in the Holy Trinity, in which Jesus Christ is very much a part. Like it or not, you can't change it.

Look, God does what God wants to do. If he wants to help someone, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. There is no sense second guessing what God might do. To try, as some are doing here, is trying to put yourself in the mind of God, and thinking you can do that is just plain grandiose.

You might want to explore Judaism. They do not accept Jesus as the Christ, but they love God, and are good people. Just a thought. There are many religions which do not accept Christ. But if you are a true Christian, then you must believe that Jesus is the son of God. It's what the religion is essentially based on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join