It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Equalling Christ with "Christianity" please

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I see so many threads blaming Christ for Christianity.
Christ is His name, and Christ is His nature.l

A lot of people who hate religion blame Christianity.

Let us get one thing clear. The Christian Church was called after Christ, but it should not be linked with Christ. It is corrupt, as are all man-made things.

Jesus Christ stands alone, away from the church, and He welcomes all who call His Name.

And I mean everyone, even if you are really bad, just call upon Christ to help you.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
christ was just a man. not a son of god, not a god himself. just a man. a very enlightened man.

nothing more, nothing less.

--

he created a cult, that cult caught on and became a mainstream religion, which has evolved over the years.

hes not an magical spiritual superhero like you wish he was.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Fallen humanity has corrupted the message of The Christ, so much so that The Bride seems hidden, Her Light, hidden under the bushel.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

So he would help hitler? Why would he help such evil tyrans? Did he infact help hitler with things?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

OK, maybe that is so, but what he taught is what we should live by.

He taught to love and to forgive - so why don't we at least try those two?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
thank you, Christ was trying to explain the way of things, ..... as well as people of the time could understand.

I believe his main goal was to help people understand their true nature, ..... as he said " I am the son of god, ye are my brothers and sisters" ...... " These things and more shall you do "

... He wasn't trying to be worshipped, ... he was trying to help us understand our true potential ...... and that we are equals.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

That is a difficult question and I am at a loss along with the rest of the world. But you know, that is nothing to do with Jesus, that is to do with God.

So now I have my answer - Jesus is against evil, Jesus is for good, so Jesus is against war.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Hi, thank you for supporting Christ.

And me.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Well i think the truth is that there is no viable evidence that the Jesus from the bible ever lived.

If a man with his fame, one who could perform miracles and was the son of a god, realy existed there would be contemporary writings about him.. but consider that not a single historian, philosopher, scribe or follower who lived before or during the alleged time of Jesus ever mentions him!

There occurs no contemporary Roman record that shows Pontius Pilate executing a man named Jesus.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Here is a thought made up by me ... isn't it better to believe in something that uplifts you, rather than the end of the world?

There is so much doom and gloom around - may I also remind you this has been going on since mankind existed.

You know what? It is time to stop this doom and gloom crap and time to save the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

If you look at the geography there are a lot of places around the area named after him and other biblical figures. Documents were probably burned and destroyed, just like pagan artifacts and all. Anything that goes against the rulers is forbidden.
Deifying Christ is a sin in my opinion. But he was possibly the greatest man who ever lived.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

No, He did not help Hitler, because Hitler did not call upon Him.

He helps everyone who calls upon Him

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
reply to post by Daniem

If you look at the geography there are a lot of places around the area named after him and other biblical figures.

And Thursday is named after THOR with the hammer,
planet Mars is named after the Roman god of war,
Athens, capitol of Greece is named after Athena,

I'd need more than THAT to be tricked into believing in those nonsensical deity, god, men.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Here is something I have found in my trip through the universe - just ask for something with belief that you need it (buddhism).
And just ask for something that you need with love (Jesus) - YAY JESUS+LOVE.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Daniem

No, He did not help Hitler, because Hitler did not call upon Him.

He helps everyone who calls upon Him

Hitler called upon Jesus MANY times in speeches, just like christians use to, like american politicians do. Hitler did mention Christianity many times in his writings. He even had his troopers wear belt buckles that said "Gott mit uns" ("God is with us")

Hitler said:

" My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. "

So dont come and tell me he didnt ask Jesus, God for help. He prayed, and had great success. So did Jesus help him?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Daniem

So now I have my answer - Jesus is against evil, Jesus is for good, so Jesus is against war.

Again a misunderstanding of Christ role when he returns to earth. He will make war with those who followed the antichrist and kill them all.

Rev 14:12

The big "christianity" mistake is the worship of Jesus instead of following the example of Jesus in worshipping his Father in heaven.

12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem

Hitler called upon Jesus MANY times in speeches, just like christians use to, like american politicians do. Hitler did mention Christianity many times in his writings. He even had his troopers wear belt buckles that said "Gott mit uns" ("God is with us")

Hitler said:

" My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. "

So dont come and tell me he didnt ask Jesus, God for help. He prayed, and had great success. So did Jesus help him?

Matt 24:4

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

This pretty well explains hitlers role...........

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Although I agree that Christ was never meant to be worshipped, ... I find it comical for you to state christs role when he " returns to earth" .... based on solely a bible scripture, passing it on as fact.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Hitler was evil, and he called upon Jesus even while he was murdering people? Words fail - me - the man should burn in Hell and he probably is.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Here is something I have found in my trip through the universe - just ask for something with belief that you need it (buddhism).
And just ask for something that you need with love (Jesus) - YAY JESUS+LOVE.

Again ignorance of the Lord Jesus

Matt 10:34

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join