It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Equalling Christ with "Christianity" please

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Word of advice. Calm down. Might think clearer.

You claim that Yeshu (a common name in Jewish literature) in the Talmud refers to Jesus. However, this Jesus, according to Gerald Massey actually depicts a disciple of Jehoshua Ben-Perachia at least a century before the alleged Christian Jesus. [Massey] Regardless of how one interprets this, the Palestinian Talmud got written between the 3rd and 5th century C.E.

And the Babylonian Talmud between the 3rd and 6th century C.E., at least two centuries after the alleged crucifixion! At best it can only serve as a controversial Christian and pagan legend; it cannot possibly serve as evidence for a historical Jesus.

Um, I make no claim? I merely offered information that refutes your statements. Notice the citation, plager I am not.

As i said, hearsay CASES doesnt go well in court.

CONTEMPORARY stuff man.. doesnt exist.. You show me all these things written long after the alleged death of Je-Zeus.

Dont be lured into believeing all the nonsence, just because they show you good stuff doesnt mean you should just give under and swallow IT ALL, thats what they want. Get you feeling good and ecstatic, so you'll ignore the illogical BS and stop thinking about it, and make you into a braindead follower. Thats how religions work, you think you are special?

Ah, I see you are going to beat the assumption drum *you might want to think about how people think, you make one assumption here then people naturally think you make a great deal of assumptions and judge your information accordingly*, again. Ever hear of the term "Devil's Advocate"? I know your passion and drive to prove your beliefs are superior to theirs is great but it is exactly those that blind you, especially when you rely on those alone and throw any semblence of critical thinking out the window. Just saying....

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by heliosprime

Once again , ... stop using scripture as basis for " facts" ..... is your mind even capable of such a thing ??? .... to assume that every bible passage is not absolute truth ??? Have you any idea of who wrote such things, or where they come from ??? yet you hold onto them so blindly. .... all I'm saying is .... Use the mind that god gave you !! ....

Autowrench:
I have to agree here, I see a lot of people in these religious threads that depend solely on Bible verses for their evidence when any intelligent person knows the Bible was written by men, not by any sort of God or Divine Being. The biggest problem is most of them have never actually read the Bible all the way through, and have never went beyond it either for anything at all, thinking all other books are of the Devil. This is why these threads disintegrate into arguments over where Jesus was real or not, and so on. Grow up, bible believers, and question that set in stone faith you all seem to have in a book that was written by men. There are many Christian bibles. Several hundred in fact (and this number excludes the thousand-plus foreign language editions). Every group that has ever claimed the title ‘Christian’, from gnostic sects of the second century, through countless ‘heresies’ of the Middle Ages, to Mormons of the twentieth century, has had recourse to its own version of the Holy Testament. If the man known as Jesus came down here to Earth today, and began to speak to the people, he would be arrested and executed by the very Christians that believe in him as a God. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

You just love presuming things; I am not calm? I say there are no roman records of jesus? And you never bring anything but retarded irrelevant complaints.

I merely offered information that refutes your statements.

You didnt imply that the Tormud talked about the one and only Jesus?? PLEEEEASE. Allow me to quote YOU:

Um, actually he is mentioned in Roman records a few times. Pliny The Younger mentions him, Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius. Then of course there is the Jewish records

You CLAIM that the jewish records (Tormud) talk about Jesus.

As usual replying to your silly posts are nothing but a waste of time, and you'll be ignored from now on. Have a good time on ATS!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

You just love presuming things; I am not calm? I say there are no roman records of jesus? And you never bring anything but retarded irrelevant complaints.

Hm. Vitrolic rants are calm?
Where was I when this change happend?

You didnt imply that the Tormud talked about the one and only Jesus?? PLEEEEASE.

There is an argument that he did exist based on those records. Once again, devil's advocate, remember? I personally could care less either way. I don't deify him.

You CLAIM that the jewish records (Tormud) talk about Jesus.

I claim nothing. Notice how the information I cited from source simply states the argument not declares it as fact? Probly not. And I am the one assuming? Rrrriiiiggghhhtttt. You're a funny zealot.
And it's Talmud.

As usual replying to your silly posts are nothing but a waste of time, and you'll be ignored from now on. Have a good time on ATS!

LoL! And once again you retreat in a smoke screen of assumption, projection and vitrol. How predictable. But thanks for not suprising me.

But it's ok though I know the answer to the question you avoided, there is no execution record *list of whom he had executed* for Pontius Pilate currently known to exist at current.

Good day.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
reply to post by the siren

"KILL THE GOD BELIEVERS! KILL THE JEWS! 6 million dead? OK ill repent now."

And so god was pleased and sent him to heaven when his time came

Wow, you're an angry individual - you even use an angry smiley in case I mistakenly thought you were just dispassionately throwing an idea out there.

Do you not believe that a human can have a genuine change of heart - that someone can genuinely feel gut-wrenchingly sorry for something they have done an see the light? Haven't YOU ever felt genuinely bad about something?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not petitioning for compassion for Hitler or condoning what he did. My guess is he didn't repent.

No one has the slightest physical evidence to support a historical Jesus; no artifacts, dwelling, works of carpentry, or self-written manuscripts.

If Christ is a fairytale in your eyes, then why bother getting so upset about it?

How can you people be so gullible, ignorant and just plain stupid? Sure there are good stories and good lifestyle rules in the book... but to take everything as good truth, and IGNORE all the nonsencical, unscientific, contradictory dumb and evil in the book.. is just plain irrasional. Whats wrong with you all?

That's a very emotional response for someone who thinks this all make-believe. If you WERE a Christian, I think you would be a serious Bible basher. I think we need a name for your sort. Maybe 'science basher'...and they say atheism isn't a religion.

What moral act are you able to do that atheists cant? (exept suicide bombing)
[edit on 26/7/2009 by Daniem]

Now Christians are responsible for suicide bombing? lol, and I thought I'd heard it all.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I have to agree here, I see a lot of people in these religious threads that depend solely on Bible verses for their evidence when any intelligent person knows the Bible was written by men, not by any sort of God or Divine Being.

If you are discussing Star Wars, I'd expect quotes from George Lucas.

If you are discussing the theory of evolution, then I'd expect quotes from Darwin.

If you discuss characters from the Bible, then naturally Bible verses are going to come into it.

Not a difficult thing to grasp really.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The only issue I would take with you here....

Star Wars fanatics (they exist) now tell George Lucas that he is wrong with regards to his own creation.

Darwin is regarded as the "messiah" of Evolution(by many), whereas in actuality the theory is much evolved (sorry could not resist) from his base statements and theorem.

Many modern Christian sects "worship" the words of the Bible and fail to embrace or even respect the underlying teachings of the founder of their religion.

This does not make any of it useful in an argument.

Remember and adapt this simple guide to all you hear and read. It will help you stay objective.

"When one man talks to God..we call him crazy. When many do we call it religion."

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This just sums it up for me perfectly:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Why do people who dont believe in God post here????

Are you trying to "save" people who do believe in God????

What are you fighting for??

Just thought I'd ask...seems pointless?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join