It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk Shaped UFO Over Snowdonia 24/07/2009

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

Ok give me half an hour and I will see what I can do

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
Im really not interested in folk who say oh its just a raindrop blah blah blah or its obvious its been photoshopped because I know it is real and not a hoax.

I don't really care if you are or not. It's a forum where people who find the obvious to be obvious may post their thoughts. You've already made your mind up about it and really don't wish to hear anything else. I started by opening the image program, actually taking the time to look closely and not judging whereas you desire a particular outcome. I'd be thrilled to have it be a flying disc of some sort but no dice this time.

I've seen this sort of thing out of my own windshield many, many times before when some rain was falling.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

No, I said that when I zoom in on my computer and play with the image sharpen etc that it looks to have 3 sections to it. The original image is exactly the same as the image I posted here apart from the contrast and sharpness.

I've uploaded a zoomed crop to show everyone a closer view of the object at hand.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cac8293ac841.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Picture from Snowdon. One explanation:

LINK

[edit on 25-7-2009 by hande]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
How did the OP get the photo to transfer in order to post on this forum, yet, she can't transfer the photo off her phone again to give to someone?

I don't know, the pic looks good I guess, but I could do something similar with my window. It could be rain, debris, or even a sticker. Since the window is up, it makes me question, and since you can't get the RAW photo up, it makes me question even more.

Cool looking photo, but I just don't buy this one.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hande
Picture from Snowdon:

LINK

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96ccdcf4a167.jpg[/atsimg]

that rules that out then...its not a paraglider

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

Nice.
That is quite another plausible possibility.
Great find.

P.S Not saying this is IT! But it definitly qualify as a good possible explanation.
Yet...it is still unknown. =P

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ok I emailed the original image to myself, here it is as promised -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae27c31e7786.jpg[/atsimg]

I will be back later as I have family commitments and the sun is shining

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

Please give me a break I am a married family woman and am not very technical lol, I have posted the original image above, please take a look.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Interesting pic.

Either:

a/ Photoshopped (in the interests of "Denying Ignorance" it has to be said)
b/ dirt on the window
c/ an explicable external object eg. an insect at close range, a parachute etc.
d/ a fair-dinkum UFO.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by eniac]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Well if you can prove that this is a Raindrop or whatever you think it is please go ahead and prove me wrong.

It just gets a bit tedious when folk say Oh its this or that but cant prove it either!!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here is one more paraglider over Snowdon, looks disk shape almost:

LINK

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8053481699dc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Does anyone know how I may be able to get in touch with Nick Pope or someone who could give a real expert opinion on this photograph?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
at 1st i thought like many others its a raindrop lol!!!! but then i read down a lil further and clicked to view the full image, def an interesting find.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Does anyone know how I may be able to get in touch with Nick Pope or someone who could give a real expert opinion on this photograph?

To be honest with you, there isn't much to go on because the amount of data is pretty low, it's very pixelated upon zoom in.

No offence meant, it's not your fault, you simply took an image with a camera phone.

Also i'm still not getting any EXIF data on the above image.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Damn!! Oh well it looks brilliant as a screensaver on my pc though lol

Please excuse my ignorance but what is exif data?

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Looking at various images of Paragliders, especially in the distant sky of images, i don't think it's one, but obviously i can't say FOR SURE.

Interesting to say the least, shame it wasn't taken with a nice 20 megapixel camera

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Please excuse my ignorance but what is exif data?

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

It's data implanted on images when they are taken by a digital camera, it has information such as what camera it was taken with, shutter speed, aperture, iso etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
S & F OP !!!
I suppose it could be a paraglider, but I keep thinking that she didn't see the object when she took the photo (seems like a person would see that) also, I see no one dangling underneath it.
Doesn't it make sense that if someone didn't see an object until they looked at the photo later that it is possible the object was moving too fast to see?
Also, why fake a photo with a cell phone?
I've seen over the years that a lot of the best ufo photos have been caught by accident.
OP, I would report this to MUFON if I was you.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Doesn't it make sense that if someone didn't see an object until they looked at the photo later that it is possible the object was moving too fast to see?

I haven't used a N95 before, but i'm not sure if it's camera would have have shutter speeds fast enough to capture an object going at a speed you are saying.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join